PDA

View Full Version : Update on Toby(8-18-05)

doolittleky
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Toby came home yesterday to see if he could remain stable and comfortsble off fluids and pain meds while at home. if he is able to do that and eat and not throw up and do well as far as sleeping, not being in pain not having diarrhea, etc then I might be able to have him a little bit longer. If he is unable to do that because of his age and his health problems( enlarged heart, liver, pancreatitis, and large mass pressing on his intestines) then I will have to make that dreaded heart breaking decision. yesterday morning i woke up and he wouldn't eat and he was real restless so I called the vet and she told me to bring him in for one more pain shot and then I would take him home and see how he did at home. the nurse siad the shot might make him sick whihc right after they gave it to him he threw up twice before i even got out of the vet office. so they took him in the back to clean him off and brought me a towel to clean me off and of course i was late by then for my pyhsical therapy so i had to take him with me to that. Then i took him home and felt so bad for leaving him but i had to go to work. I left some dry food in with him in case he wanted to eat. When i got home last night I was praying he would be ok and he was and better yet he started barking!!!!! I about started crying!!! I didn't think I would ever hear him bark again!!! usually i tell him to be quiet but I jsut let him bark for awhile but then i had to tell hi to stop because it was 12;30 at night and I didn't want the nasty neighbors that i have complaining. He acted like my Toby last night and i was so happy. byut i still don't want to get my hopes up too much yet. today he ate and got hie regualr meds but didn't drink any water. the nurse said not to be concerned but if he doesn't drink tonight let them know. thanks so much for all of your prayers!! I hope he contines to do well and I have him longer. I can't even think about what i would do without him.

catmandu
08-18-2005, 07:03 PM
WE ARE DOUBLING OUR PRAYERS,FOR TOBY,AND SEVERAL DOG ANGELS,ARE COMING,TO VISIT TOBY,TONIGHT,AND COMFOR HIM,AND HELP ME FEEL BETTER.
PRAYING,FOR YOUR DEAR FRIEND,ALL THE PETS,AND PET TALKER ANGELS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture644.jpg

rg_girlca
08-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way Melissa for your precious Toby.

Glad to hear he is doing better.

Craftlady
08-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Mircles do happen. Glad to read he is doing better.

sandragonfly
08-19-2005, 12:23 AM
oh aw, I smiled and got watery eyes at the same time where you let toby bark. I know how that feels.. something you haven't feel, hear for long time after a long time of miserable days.

can you summarize of what happened to him? I mean, how/when did this started? I searched and couldn't find any.

anyway, you're so happy and I'm happy for you! :D I hope for many more 'miracles' coming!
(((toby & melissa)))

ps; hope YOU are doing better with your back too. xo,

..gina

kittycats_delight
08-19-2005, 12:34 AM
paws, fingers, toes and whiskers crossed that you will get more time with your Toby. Continued prayers and well wishes.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS to you both)))))))))))))))))))))

Michelle & the girls