PDA

View Full Version : Vacation question

Don Juan's mom
08-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm heading back east in a few days for a family reunion. I'll be gone about five days.

My apartment is on the first floor and shaded on one side, so it doesn't get terribly hot. It DOES get warm and a little stuffy, though. At the moment, I'm leaving windows cracked with window locks, so that Don Juan and Zerlina can get a little fresh air. That would be a bad idea if I'm actually away for a few days, though.

A friend of mine is looking after the kitties while I'm away. She's very good about visiting with them, giving them lap time and lovies. I'm sure she'd be willing to open the windows and turn on the fans while she's there. I've also thought about leaving the air conditioner on the "fan only" setting, but it would run CONSTANTLY until someone turns it off.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Liz

NoahsMommy
08-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Does your A/C have a temp setting? When I'm away, I set the A/C at 78...it keeps that temp up. Sometimes, it'll reset itself to 85 (ick!) and so I put a note on the box telling my cat sitters to make sure its on 78 at all times.

Have a nice time! Where are you going?

Craftlady
08-15-2005, 04:50 AM
I would set the a/c at 74 and let it run.
This is a very hot time of the year around the country. Your friend can judge how things feel in the apartment and adjust accordingly.

catmandu
08-15-2005, 08:33 AM
I WOULD KEEP.THE AC RUNNING,SO THAT THERE,IS THE ILLUSION,OF SOMEONE OCCUPYING,THE APARTMENT,AND 70,WOULD BE NICE,AND COOL,FOR THE CATS!!!

HAVE A NICE TRIP.
AND YOUR CATS,I HEAR,ARE COMING,TO THE PRINCEES CHINESE BUFFET PARTY,THURSDAY,ITS A SHAME,THAT THEY,WILL HAVE,TO EAT THE KITTY BAG,THAT THEY BRING BACK,THEMSELVES!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/5bae92a8.jpg

Don Juan's mom
08-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Thank you for your suggestions.

My A/C doesn't have a temperature control, but it does have a thermostat and a dial control. I could just put it on a low setting and "energy saver" mode. It's actually a combo heater/air conditioner. The last time I went back east (during the winter), I set the thermostat low and left the heater on, just so it would come on if the weather turned very cold.

Liz

K & L
08-15-2005, 11:25 AM
If not too expensive, you can have timers put on your A/C to turn on/off at certain times.