PDA

View Full Version : What Is With Cats and Bathrooms?

K & L
08-13-2005, 09:23 AM
You would think our cats have nowhere else to go but the bathroom! We keep our bathroom doors closed so they can't get in and rip up toilet paper etc. Everytime I open the bathroom door they bolt in and head for the bathtub! They jump in it and play and romp. I have to pick them up and carry them out to get them out of there. Plus when I'm in the shower a few will jump on the edge and watch till I'm done!:eek: Parker will actually get in there with me!:D

catmandu
08-13-2005, 09:47 AM
MY CAT,ARE FAR MORE BEDROOM CATS,AS THERE IS NO PLACE,FOR THEM,TO SLEEP,IN THE BATHROOM.
ALTHOUGH YOU ,WILL FIND PRECIOUS,OR JOHN,IN THE STORAGE SPACE,BEHIND,THE TOLIET.
SCARED ME,ONE TIME,WHEN I REACHED,IN,FOR SOME TP,AND GOT JJJ3,INSTEAD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos997.jpg

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Plus when I'm in the shower a few will jump on the edge and watch till I'm done!:eek: Parker will actually get in there with me!:D

looolll naughty kitties! It takes something special to hold a cat's attention for that long :P

Craftlady
08-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Our fur babies love the bathroom since it's where the one litter box is located. Cindy has found trying to get up on the back of the toliet while someone (me) is sitting there causes quite a response from mom. LOL

Sonia59
08-13-2005, 11:36 AM
In addition, you can drink fresh water!!:)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Peppito/Pepbaignoire2.jpg

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
and sometimes not so fresh water : |

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/Z3-Findingoutwheretoiletwatergoes.jpg

lvpets2002
08-13-2005, 11:44 AM
:D Yes I aggree my babies love the bathroom & the bedroom && better not shut them out.. If I want a bubble bath I have to shut the bathtub door or they will jump in with me & you would think I comitted a crime when I shut the tub door & they cant stand it.. Then when I get out it is inspection time from the girls.. It is so funny..

kuhio98
08-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Bobcat (hubby) is not allowed privacy in the bathroom. :eek: Our upstairs bathroom has doors from the hallway and the master bedroom. If Bob goes in and shuts both doors, 3 kitties race from door-to-door, back and forth trying to gain access. (Evidently, they think he needs supervision in there). :rolleyes: Sometimes, he'll take pity on them and open one of the doors slightly and let them in. After a moment to make sure he's okay, they want out. :p

Me? Well, I'm on my own. Evidently what I do in there is no where near as interesting as what he does (or I don't need their supervision) :p

Lightning SuperCat
08-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Plus when I'm in the shower a few will jump on the edge and watch till I'm done! Parker will actually get in there with me!

Lightninglikes to watch me too, all the wal on the shelf in the back where he won't get wet. One time I told him that one day he was going to fall in. A few minutes later, he slipped and fell in and got ALL WET!!!! :D :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Awwwwwww, is that you, my sweet Pepito???
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/Sonia59/Peppito/Pepbaignoire2.jpg

My cats don't like the bathroom at all. Inka likes to sit in the sink, but as soon as she hears the "flush", she goes into hiding under the sink!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Mine love to come visit me for scritches and pets while I'm on the toilet. If I keep the door closed they'll cry so I never bother to close the door the whole way.:)

Laura's Babies
08-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Giz is a faithful potty pal and loves to play in the bath tub when it is empty of coarse... They all like to come watch me take a bath so the door is always open and they are always welcome.. Sometimes we have some interesting conversations in there..

CalliesMom
08-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I sometimes let mine in, but the door is usually closed as Callie is a rug pee-er. :rolleyes: They are never in there unsupervised and if they are put in there for any reason, the bathroom rugs come up.

momcat
08-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Groucho seems to have a thing about the bathroom, too. Every morning he comes in and sits on the toilet seat as I get ready for work, he always has so much to say so early in the morning. One of his favorite spots is right by the door. He seems to intrude on my son more than me, though.....

Shady
08-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Most of mine hate the bathroom, because that's where the dreaded BATHS take place. Good deterent. ;)

catnapper
08-13-2005, 09:00 PM
There is always at least one kitty sitting in the bathroom window. The bathroom is Pouncer's prefered lovey dovey spot. He's his most loving and affectionate in the bathroom. I don't get it!

Angel on the other hand is PETRIFIED of the bathroom. The only time she's ever gone in is to be bathed.

catcrazylady
08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Lisa you answered your own question! They want in the bathroom because you don't want them in there!!!;) :D You shut the door to keep them out and we all know that cats and closed doors just don't mix!:p :D :D :D

lady_zana
08-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Plus when I'm in the shower a few will jump on the edge and watch till I'm done!:eek: Parker will actually get in there with me!:D

Grey Girl is my bath cat. She LOVES the bath! I used to take long beauty baths with lots of oil and bubbles but I don't do that any more because everytime I take a bath, Grey Girl has to get her drink from the tub. My sister's cat, Precious, is the same way.

Eepie follows my husband into the bathroom whenever he goes in. She'll jump on the tub if he's on the toilet, bumping his elbow with her head and screaming until he pets her. She knows she's going to get lovings; he can't get away:D