PDA

View Full Version : There are herds, and then there are HERDS!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 10:21 AM
This morning the herds were thundering through the house at 3:00 am! One half awake "Knock it off" and the herds were quiet.

....until 4:00 am! Then they were thundering and thundering and hissing and meowing and more thundering and the herds just wouldn't quiet down until I actually got up! But to my surprise, all I found were two adorable little kitties. What happened to the what-must-have-been thousands of buffalo/horses/elephants that were thundering through the house? :rolleyes: ;) :D

Then as I'm getting ready, one of the adorable little kitty cats is fast asleep on his purr pad since he was up before the crack of dawn, so what does a bad meowmy do? Poke him and wake him up of course! ;) :p :D

Oh, and since I'm making a post I might as well add, Peanut has not acted this spry and playful since I don't remember when! I think she is really feeling good these days and even though she hisses, I think she is thoroughly enjoying her new brother. :D

What makes me sad is that she must have been uncomfortable with the tumor in her bladder for a long time. Why didn't she tell me sooner? :(

Laura's Babies
08-11-2005, 10:37 AM
There is nothing that makes a older cat feel young again like having a youngster around. Why is it that in the pre dawn hours, the noise of their playing is so magnified?? I know they sounded like a whole herd of wild horses! How did they miss the crash and bangs of running into stuff and knocking it over??

Giz has a quieter way to wake me up... she'll find a plastic bag or something plastic to make noise with to wake me up or keep me from going to sleep. She loves that noise in the quiet of the night! Go figure! :D

catnapper
08-11-2005, 10:47 AM
:D Herds surely must consist of more than two kitties! I think you need another to make it an official herd! ;)

Barbara
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
:D Herds surely must consist of more than two kitties! I think you need another to make it an official herd! ;)

I hate to object but two kitties can easily make a herd of 1000 buffaloes or wild horses or whatever.

They manage that with an overall weight of 20 lb (T+F). They managed even better 9 years ago with an overall weight of five lb:rolleyes:

Cataholic
08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Do I EVEN need to post anything here?:D :D :D :p :p :p

Lightning SuperCat
08-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Herds surely must consist of more than two kitties! I think you need another to make it an official herd!
HAHAHA Lightning is equal to a herd of 10 kitties at 5 in the morning!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :p :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Remus and Spook are quite capable of making themselves sound like a herd...between them there is about 25lbs of bouncy kitty energy taking running leaps and knocking things over.

Why does the herd always like to move at night??

Glad to see Peanut is starting to warm up to CJ, even though it isn't too happy of an occasion at 4 am lol.

Barbara
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36

Why does the herd always like to move at night??

'cause it's night active buffaloes:D

RedHedd
08-11-2005, 12:49 PM
:D I LOVE the sound of Thunder-Paws!

ramanth
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Well whatever has gotten into your two has gotten into Zam and Logan too. Except Zam MEOWS and MEOWS until I'm throwing pillows at her. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
08-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes...waking them up does give a certain feeling of justice and revenge...but have you notice their reaction....right back to sleep....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
:D Yup know just what you are talking about on the Herds early in the A.M. hours. My six babies have those mornings too & you are right when you get up then all is quite.. So glad to hear Peanut is feeling better..

grybai
08-11-2005, 02:55 PM
The herd in my house likes to go rampaging right over my bed in the middle of the night. I have to always sleep with heavy blankets over my legs so as not to be clawed to death... :(

K & L
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
:D Boy can we relate! And now we hear the pitter patter of kitten feet! I'm so glad Peanut is feeling better, and enjoying her new brother.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
but have you notice their reaction....right back to sleep....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No way, I pushed him until he had to get up. Then he sat there and looked at me with those little squinty eyes as if to say "Whaaaattt....can't you see I was sleeping?" I pushed on him again until he had to move and start going down the stairs, then I followed and went and crawled back in bed for a few minutes. ;) Bad meowmy, but so fun. :D

Thanks everybody! :D

slick
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
It's so nice to hear that Peanut has her "spunk" back. No herds in my house, in fact I had to wake up Max at 7:30am for breakfast. :rolleyes: :D

jazzcat
08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I've often wondered what it is about the magical hour of 4 am that triggers a moving herd down the hall. Do cats wear watches under all that fur??

Glad to hear Peanut is feeling spry again!

catmandu
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
MICHAEL,WAS CHASING,HIS LITTLE PAL SCRAPPY 2 AROUND,THIS MORNING,AND THE WHOLE CLOWDER,WAS DOWN,IN THE BASEMENT,ALL TRYING TO CATCH A MOUSE,THAT SNUCK IN.THE MOUSE,WAS DOING WELL,UNTIL IT GOT,TOO CLOSE,TO THE PRINCESS,AND IT WAS DOWN,THE HATCH.

I FORGOT,ALL ABOUT THAT POOR LITTLE MOUSE,I THINK,IT WAS AUGUST FIRST,DUE,TO A SAD EVENT,AT THE HOTEL.
ONE FLIP,AND THAT MOUSE,WAS DOWN THE HATCH!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture612.jpg

kimlovescats
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Debbie, it does my heart good to hear that Peanut is feeling like a spry little kitten again!!!:D

orangemm
08-12-2005, 05:44 AM
I love hearing them gallop around the house during the DAY! Mine don't do it much at night (thank goodness), but if they do, it's usually at the other end of the house.

It can sound like more even though it's only 8 feet!

Archy usually gets in the window and clanks the blinds (that's what I call it) by getting under them and they hit the wall or window. That always wakes me up!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2005, 09:36 AM
No herds last night. Instead I had one adorable little orangie boy wake me up at 2:30 :rolleyes: by pawing at the covers because he wanted to come under and snuggle. Now how can anybody get upset with that? Nope, not me, I lifted the covers, he came under and snuggled right in and we both drifted off to sleep to the sound of contented purring. :D :D

Laura's Babies
08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Chester use to paw and nip at me to wake me up in the middle of the night... JUST because he wanted some attention. After the third night of being woke up like that, I put him out of the bedroom and shut the door (I am a GROCH when I am woke up).. He learned real fast, it just took that one time and he stopped waking me up. That was back in those days, l-o-n-g ago when he was a only child.

Logan
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't have the "herds" thundering through my house during the night, unless there is a thunderstorm, then Zipper can't crash the gate fast enough to get to me. But Butter can make a horrible noise when he is ready to go outside. He bangs those vertical blinds in our bedroom to death until someone (me) wakes up!!! :eek: