PDA

View Full Version : A Double Life??

Gin
08-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Something kind of strange just happened. I heard a commotion in the front yard and looked out the window. There were three neighbor kids, ranging in age from five to nine, all petting Sassy, and Sassy was thoroughly enjoying it.

I kept a close watch on them, but the children were very gentle and seemed quite fond of Sass and familiar with him. I've never seen these kids before. Has Sassy been leading a double life?

OK, it's not much; it just surprised me to see Sassy fraternizing with three children, with their loud voices and abrupt motions.

This is the same cat who runs and hides whenever visitors come over, no matter how kindly or well-known. Go figure.

kuhio98
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
:D I've often wondered if cats have split personalities. They like to try on different personalties depending upon their audience. We once had a shy cat who became the LIFE OF THE PARTY whenever we had folks over.

And Pepper is a daredevil. She'll leap buildings in a single bound. :D She'll take on cats twice her size and make a dog back down, but she disappears and becomes "ghost cat" whenever we have company. :confused:

catmandu
08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
THAT IS ODD,AS THE FOUND CATS,WILL HAVE NOTHING,AT ALL,TO DO WITH CHILDREN,WHAT SO EVER.
IF SASSY,IS AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR CAT,THEN ITS POSSIBLE,THAT SHE HAS MADE FRIENDS,IN THE NEIGHBOR HOOD,AND HAS FRIENDS,THAT YOU ARE NOT AWARE,OF.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture618.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 09:18 AM
How sweet! It is interesting that she runs from guests but lets loud little kids play with her. Definitely one for the kitty psychiatry books. ;) Is it maybe the doorbell when guests arrive? I know Peanut goes running when anyone rings the doorbell - including us!

Gin
08-11-2005, 05:24 PM
IF SASSY,IS AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR CAT,THEN ITS POSSIBLE,THAT SHE HAS MADE FRIENDS,IN THE NEIGHBOR HOOD,AND HAS FRIENDS,THAT YOU ARE NOT AWARE,OF.

I'm sure that's the case. When new neighbors moved in next door, a family with a bunch of teenage kids, Sassy was in solid with them before I even said "Hello". Apparently, when he's outside the house, Sassy is a social butterfly.

Thanks for your posts, Gary, and I love your new fish bed!

lady_zana
08-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by kuhio98
:D I've often wondered if cats have split personalities.

My Weezie seems too! She's my Devil cat! There is nothing she enjoys more than biting anyone who tries to pet her (other than me and Mike). She's in a permant bad mood:rolleyes: However she LOVES children! She'll let kids she's never seen before rub her tummy. It's so weird but if you're about seven or under, she wants to be your best friend:rolleyes: :) Crazy, crazy kitty but I love my mean orangie...:D

catnapper
08-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Maybe he likes kids, and its adults he's somewhere learned not ot trust.

You never know what happened as a little one to make him have a lifelong fear of something. Do you ever have children in your home?

But on another note, I know my Pouncer, and know what happened to him before he came to me (he was Jen Luckenbach's first foster kitten). He's known nothing but love and human kindness his whole life. So why does he sometimes act like a scared hissy boy :confused: Anyway, people will come over and want to meet him. I will say, "Watch for him, especially if you have cats yourself, he gets jealous of other anuimal smells on others." and what happens? He cuddles and snuggles with them. :rolleyes: (and he hisses and growls at his former foster mommy! :eek: )