PDA

View Full Version : Going on Vacation...

jennifert
02-28-2002, 02:48 PM
I'm leaving Saturday morning at 6 am for Florida to visit my grandmother for a week. Unfortunately, I have to leave Duncan here while I'm gone!:( I seriously thought about bringing him on the plane since he and I would have a blast down there together! ( I can't think of anyone else I would rather have with me on my vacation!!) But it would be so hard on him to fly him down just for a week....and I've heard horror stories about pets and flying!
Anyway, I'm going to miss him so much! I can't believe I'm actually going to have to leave him...:( My roommate is going to watch him for the week. I'm not too happy about it but it's better than him having to go to a kennel for the whole week. At least he will be at his own home and can sleep in my bed while I'm gone.... I know she'll feed him and let him out and take him to the park but he won't get any extra loving like he is used to from me...And we were making such good progress with his training too!!! He heels now and sits when I stop! We can even walk by complete strangers and he doesn't try to eat them!!! We'll start up again when I get back!!

Anyway, I think I'm just looking for sympathy. :( ;) :rolleyes: :D I'm going to miss him like crazy!!!!!! I'll check in from sunny Florida!

Logan
02-28-2002, 02:58 PM
I hope you have a wonderful trip, Jennifer. I know Duncan will miss you, and will be so happy to see you come home. You go have a wonderful time with your grandmother in sunny Florida!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-28-2002, 03:06 PM
You are going to have a great time, Jenni! You will miss Duncan but he will be waiting for you when you get back and will give you kisses and hugs to make up for lost time. Not all stories about pets flying are horror stories, but some are. Drake and I took Andrew with us to Paris whwen we got married and our flight in Paris was delayed for 8 hours and then the flight was about 11 hours long and we couldn't get Drake untill we did all this paper work, etc.. He was in that crate for almost 24 hours and was vicious hwen he got out! Yikes! I was so stressed out and upset coz I knew he was uncomfortable and not too happy. So, maybe not taking Duncan is a good idea. Next time, consider driving down and then you can take him with you.

One thing is certain, it won't be as cold as it is in NY!

Be safe!

jackiesdaisy1935
02-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Florida will be beautiful this time of year. Have a great vacation Best wishes, Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Heather Wallace
02-28-2002, 05:54 PM
Jennifert

I am a pet sitter and if I lived near you your dog would have been welcome at my house.

Here is a picture of one of the dos I look after.

Macey the tibetian terrior:)

AmberLee
02-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Do have a great time. I agree that for a one week vacation it's probably not worth the hassles/ hazards to take him with you. Hope you have a great visit and come home rested to play and train with your sweet furbaby.

tatsxxx11
02-28-2002, 07:02 PM
Have a wonderfu time Jennifer! I know Duncan will miss you dearly, as you will him! But how sweet the reunion will be! Hugs to Duncan!!

Gio
03-01-2002, 08:04 AM
Enjoy your holiday!

sammi
03-01-2002, 09:28 AM
Have a great time in sunny Fl. And of course don't forget to behave yourself!LOL:D

purrley
03-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Jenn - have a super dooper time in Fla - I envy you it's 25 degrees here BURRRRRRR!!!Duncan will be waiting for you with open paws!!!!:D :D