PDA

View Full Version : Visitors!

micki76
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
So I'm driving to work and cross the highway and look north. As I do, I see two little babies running back and forth ACROSS the highway! :eek: I was terrified and circled back around to try to do something. I stopped in front of Walgreens and got out. They were scared to death of me and of everything. Two more ladies stopped and we managed to get them away from the highway, but they kept trying to make a break for it and get abck up there. A man stopped and helped us and the 4 of us got them backed up against a fence under a tree on the other side of a ravine (shoes are ruined :( ) and I crawled under a bush hoping no one would sink their teeth in me.

I got "Little Bit" (as we're calling her) first and then reached in for "Momma" who was much more reserved and I was sure would bite me. Been bit a few times as a groomer, and really didn't want to get bit again, but I closed one eye and grabbed her!

Got them both in a crate at home and flew out the door to work an hour late!

Anyway no tags or chips, but the animal shelter has our info, so hopefully their owners will call soon.

They got baths and Frontline (had fleas!) and have had a greenie and a bully stick. Even Millie likes these gals! :eek: :D I was afraid she and "Momma" would get into it, but "Momma" barked at her once and Millie's left her alone since. LOL

Here's a couple of pics of our guests:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Pups/Visitors001.jpg

Momma:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Pups/Visitors002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Pups/Visitors009.jpg

Little Bit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Pups/Visitors026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/micki76/Pups/Visitors033.jpg

Uabassoon
08-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Aww they are both so cute! That's nice that people stopped to help you catch them. Good luck finding their owner, it's a shame that more peope don't bother to chip their pets.

LuvGold00
08-02-2005, 11:05 PM
They are cute, and very lucky that you grabbed them!

sammy101
08-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Aww they're both adorable!Good luck on finding the owners:)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-02-2005, 11:09 PM
They're both beautiful! I love dapple Dachshunds:D I hope you'll be able to get them back to their family, good luck:)

Daisy and Delilah
08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Awwwwww!! They are soooo cute!! Someone must really be missing them. Thanks for catching them and taking such good care of them. They look pretty happy and content now:D

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

petslover
08-02-2005, 11:28 PM
aww. They are adorable. I really hope their owners find them. Thanks for picking them up. You deserve blessings. Keep up updated. I really guess that they belonged to someone and they got out or something cause they look healthy as that goes.

shais_mom
08-02-2005, 11:35 PM
aaawwwwww
kudos to you Micki!

Almita
08-02-2005, 11:38 PM
aww they are adorable and good thing you saved them because they could of gotten hurt!

CagneyDog
08-03-2005, 01:05 AM
OMG I'm glad you got those two :( They must of been so scared! Are you sure there were only two, I hope there isn't more still left out there.

I hope there owners find them!

Ginger's Mom
08-03-2005, 05:46 AM
It is so great that you took the time to catch these cuties and to give them a safe place to stay. They certainly do look like they have made themselves at home. :)

Pam
08-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Oh Micki bless you! I can't even bear to think what might have happened to them. They certainly look like they are comfortable in your home and even quite used to having their pictures taken. I do believe they are posing! :p That tells me that there is probably a very concerned human out there somewhere wringing their hands, and they will soon be claimed. Otherwise, I think you might soon have 5 pupsters in your signature! :D :D

Rachel
08-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Both with no collars! I'm just wondering if they weren't dumped on that highway and that is why they wanted to go back there.
Have you called the local police station? Around here people will often report a missing or found dog to the police.

These are certainly two darling little pups who should have no problem finding a good home if they need one. What sweeties.

A big thank you from me for saving their lives. You are a hero.

Pam
08-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Both with no collars!

Rachel, Bella doesn't wear a collar around the house when I'm not here. The reason is that years ago my Ashley got her jaw caught in Whitney's collar and was actually hanging from her collar. Thank God I was home! I don't want to take a chance of that happening again. Bella is not one to dart out the door so I don't really worry about her taking off.

I do keep a collar on Ripley 24/7 since if he got out he would probably wind up as a stray again (no collar on him at the shelter where I found him) since he gets caught up in his wandering and smells and would soon find himself very lost all over again. :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Anyway no tags or chips

Maybe their owners don't deserve to find them if they can be bothered to even do this for them!!! :mad: :mad:

Thank you for helping these dear little dogs - perhaps we should club together to replace your ruined shoes!

vinjashira
08-03-2005, 06:34 AM
lucky that you were there to save them Micki76
they look so sweet, I can't imagine how anyone want to dump them :(

my dog doesn't wear a collar at home either but she is microchipped.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-03-2005, 06:37 AM
my dog doesn't wear a collar at home either but she is microchipped

Exactly how it should be! A well cared for dog and a responsible owner.....doesn't get much better than that! (I'll get off my soapbox now :rolleyes: )

elizabethann
08-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh my gosh...they're so cute and look right at home. Any chance you'll keep them if the owners don't come forward?

You and the others that helped save them deserve a HUGE THANK YOU!!! That was so good of you to stop. Please keep us updated as to what happens to them.

pitc9
08-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Yiippeeee Micki!! Congrats on the capture without a single bite!
The smaller they are the harder it is to catch them!! :D
I have to agree, they sure look laid back and comfy in your house, I pray no one dumped them!:( :(
I hope their worried owners have already started looking for your house guests.

Sierra is never with out her collar & tags, Buddy never has his collar on because he is awake all night long walking all around the house and his tags make to much noise. Both are chipped.:)

K9soul
08-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Wow they are both beautiful! I really love the markings on the blue merle. They both look really sleek and well cared for. Hope you find their home soon and that their being out was an accident! Bless your heart for helping them.

Corinna
08-03-2005, 07:44 AM
I don'tremember where Dapple doxie lives but I rember her mom raises these kind of kids any chance they could be from any of her litters. Might try contacting her.

robinh
08-03-2005, 07:46 AM
OMG, I wish I had room. I'd take them in a heartbeatt. They are both beautiful.

lv4dogs
08-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Micki you are a gardien angel. Thank you so much for saving those beauties.
Its a shame that they have no tags or chip but I certainly hope they got loose on accident & may they be reunited with their master.

Logan
08-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Good work, Micki!!!! :) They are just darling. I do hope that a perfect home can be found for them. Makes you wonder what they were doing out on a busy road, let alone with no identification.

:mad: I don't ever use the "mad" emoticon, but that's how I feel about situations like this! All 3 of our Golden Retrievers wear collars with identification 24/7, plus they are chipped, and Zipper has an extra tag with the Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue information on it, just in case.

ramanth
08-03-2005, 08:30 AM
Great job saving those two Micki! What an adorable pair of doxies.

Good luck finding the owners or new ones if they have been abandoned.

beeniesmom
08-03-2005, 08:54 AM
wow, great save!
I hope the owners come forth to claim them. They are so precious!
I never microchipped Beenie but she wears a collar with our info and the vets info all the time.

Jamieejo85
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
WOW..they are gorgeous. If I were you, I would have a very hard time giving them back:D

lute
08-03-2005, 10:51 AM
omg! what cuties! thank God you had some helpers in catching them. i hope the owners come for them.

luvofallhorses
08-03-2005, 11:11 AM
They are so cute :)

Uabassoon
08-04-2005, 02:54 PM
How are they doing? Have you found their owners yet?

lv4dogs
08-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
How are they doing? Have you found their owners yet?
ditto :)

lute
08-04-2005, 03:01 PM
any news on the owners?

anna_66
08-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Well I'm just seeing this thead and kudos to you Micki! How wonderful of you:D
They are both sooooo cute!

Any news on the owners yet?

micki76
08-07-2005, 11:55 AM
The girls went home on Thursday. They have great parents and I made a new friend. We're going to get the dogs together for play dates in the future!

They have 3 other dogs, besides these two girls, but the others didn't houdini their way out of the yard. Cathy still doesn't know how they got out after her husband put them in the backyard while he was getting ready for work. Her gate was still locked and her family has searched the fence from one end to the other trying to find a hole and they can't. The only conclusion she can come up with is that they climbed the chain link! :eek:

Now I know why they were so good in the crate. They're crated during the day when Cathy (who's a SAHM) is out running errands.

A happy ending for all! :D

Jamieejo85
08-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Great news!!!!

jenfer
08-07-2005, 03:22 PM
I am glad that it's a happy ending. :)

KYS
08-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I am so glad you found the owners and made a
new friend. :D

elizabethann
08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm so glad they come from good homes. Kudos to you for finding their family.

However, what's a SAHM?

:)

Uabassoon
08-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by elizabethann
However, what's a SAHM?

Stay at home mom.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Great news!! Will she get them tagged and chipped do you think?