PDA

View Full Version : Sad news.....I'm sorry

Logan
02-24-2002, 07:34 PM
One of our members, Terri, who is Golden Smiles here at Pet Talk, and Sugarbear over at Golden Retriever has lost her Otis.....the Golden boy she kept out of her last litter of puppies. I am not handling this news very well, but I knew you would want to know and keep Terri and her family in your prayers. I have copied and am pasting the message from GR over to this board.

Hello everyone,

I just received an e mail from Terri aka sugarbear and the news made my soul weep.

She has been having problems posting this <MSN glitch---I think>

I am copying the email and pasteing it here.

Please say Prayers for her and her family and send strength to endure the agony until smiles and memories ease her pain. And pray for our baby OTIS who has been taken to the bridge---- he was born on this site.

Give your babies a gnuggle and hold them dear.

Lonewoodslady
Hi Debbi~
I have tried 2x to write this on the golden site, but quit mid story, it is
just too hard. On tues, the 19th, i came home from work and let Amos and Otis
out first and fed the(too much food aggression if the girls are out too)
about a half hour later I went to switch them, and two of the slats of the
6ft stockade fence were knocked loose and the boys were gone. I heard barking
and some ruckus, but that's usual especially when the little Boston terrier
up the street comes over and torments from the other side of the fence! I
immediately started lokking and calling for them, notified neighbors who went
looking also. I thought I would head to the playground or the creek up the
street and find them quickly as usual(they get loose 2-3x a year)After an
hour I was scared.i called the police, the humane society and the local
shelter etc and went out looking with hubby in 2 cars. We looked for 3 hours
until it was dark and came home and prayed for a call. The phone rang at 7;45
and said "is this the Amos residence?" They read Amos's Id and thought that
was our last name, I was so happy. they said "do you have 2 goldens?" I
screamed "they found them" and the lady then said "Im so sorry, one is dead
and the other will not leave his side, and I'm afraid he's going to get hit
also".(she was calling from her cell phone, the person who hit him did not
stop) We went right there, to the bridge next to Elk Creek where they swam a
lot in the summer, they were both soaked, and my poor baby was gone. It was
the worst thing i had ever seen. Amos was right there next to him, Otis died
instantly. He was such a spoiled baby, my husbands shadow, he was THE
sweetest we've ever had, I think because he was in our bed from week 2 on. My
husband was and is devastated, I have never seen him in 11 years sob like he
did, it was all a nightmare. I don't feel like doing anything, i feel lost,
and my family is so sad. The boys stayed home from school the next day as did
Terry and I. I miss him so much. I needed to share this, and get it off my
chest, thanks for listening and give all your babies a hug and kiss from us,
Terri and family
P.S Deb, if you wouldn't mind posting this for me, I would appreciate it.

Stenograsaurus
02-24-2002, 07:51 PM
I'm offering my deepest sympathy over such a tragic loss. I'll keep them (and you) in my prayers.

lizbud
02-24-2002, 08:00 PM
So much sadness for these Beautiful Goldens today...

Aunt Jazz & now I read of the tragic loss of Otis. I want
to offer my deepest sympathy in this bitter hour of hurt
and loss. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Liz.

sammi
02-24-2002, 08:36 PM
I can't even start to tell you how sorry I feel for your family. Poor Otis to leave you so soon. I will pray for him and your family.
I just can't write more tonight.

aly
02-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Terri - My heart is so heavy and I can't stop crying for you. It was so painful to read this post. I don't know what to say because I know nothing will make it better. What a horrible accident that could happen to anybody :( I am so so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers every night. I can't express my sorrow and sympathy enough. I know how much you love your babies and it is heartbreaking that one was taken from you so early. Please try to stay strong and don't hesitate to email me if you need to talk. I am so sorry :(

jackiesdaisy1935
02-24-2002, 09:26 PM
Words cannot express the sadness that I feel for you losing Otis in such a tragic way. I can fully understand how you feel as we love our babies so much, if anything happened to them I would be devestated. I wish I could give you comfort in words, but there is nothing one can say at this time except to tell you I will hug Daisy and Perry and love them in Otis memory.
This has not been a good week for the Golden people for the loss of Otis and Aunt Jazz illness, I am truly sorry for all of you and you have my prayers and good wishes.
Jackie

Sudilar
02-24-2002, 10:25 PM
My heart goes out to you. I am in tears. What a tragedy. Life is so unfair. I am so so sorry.

Angels3
02-25-2002, 12:25 AM
This is beyond words. Gentlest hugs & kisses to all Otis's family from Angel, the Tibetan Spaniel.:)
Marie

Balto
02-25-2002, 02:25 AM
Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family, words cannot express, the sadness that we all feel for your sad loss. :(

Take Care... Jackie, Luke, Jesse, Strom, Oliver, Chester and Buster. xxxxxxx

Former User
02-25-2002, 02:59 AM
Our deepest sympathies for you all, what a sad thing to happen :(

((((((((((Terri and Family))))))))))))

Gio
02-25-2002, 04:33 AM
Terri,

what a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

auggie
02-25-2002, 05:50 AM
My deepest heartfelt sympathy to Terri and her family. I feel your pain and know how devastating this terrible tragedy is. A few years ago I nursed a very sick kitty back to health, only to find him hit and killed by a car nine months later.
Terri, you and your family are in my prayers.

AdoreMyDogs
02-25-2002, 06:11 AM
Oh this hurts my heart so much. I am so sorry that this happened. How horrible it is for everyone, and when I read about Amos not leaving his best friends' side, I just lost it :( I can't imagine seeing my best friend get killed right before my eyes. It is a most horrible tragity and I am so, so sorry. I hope everyone can get peace, and Amos will heal his broken heart soon. Please tell your friends that they are in my thoughts and prayers. It's just SO horrible.

The fact that Amos stayed by Otis's side brought back not-so-good memories of when I had to say goodbye to my yellow labbie, Beener. The vet came to my house to send Beener off to the RB. The vet suggested that we keep Graham out in the back yard because Graham was so driven to keep Beeners' legs away from that doctor. We had to litterlly carry Graham outside because he would not leave his dying brother's side. In the days following, he found comfort in lying on Beeners grave and mouning. He stayed with Beener for as long as he found necessary :( Dogs are so sensetive but they also learn to heal their aching heart. Amos' pain is apparent, but he will heal just as Graham healed.

I am so, so sorry. It's a horrible thing to happen.

delidog
02-25-2002, 06:21 AM
terri, you have our deepest sympathy and prayers....such a tragic story....i am at a loss for words...please try to take comfort that otis will be waiting for you at The Rainbow Bridge...happy and healthy as he is in your thoughts....hugs for you all... the deli dog

DoggiesAreTheBest
02-25-2002, 07:27 AM
My deepest symapthies to Terri and her family. Her story made my heart cry.

zippy-kat
02-25-2002, 07:30 AM
My deepest sympathy for your loss. It's soooo hard to lose someone whether furry or not. Please know that I am thinking about you!

{{hugs}}

Dixieland Dancer
02-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Terri,
I understand your grieving. I lost my very first Golden at the age of 6 months. My dad accidently ran her over when he was pulling in the drive way. She was so excited to see him that she bolted to greet him and within seconds it was over.

May you find peace and strength in friends and in the Lord who needed your baby for a very special reason. Maybe it was to be with Aunt Jazz????
Candy

shais_mom
02-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Terri, I am so sorry. I am in tears right now. Your pain brought back memories of Shaianne and Kylie, Kylie wouldn't leave Shaianne's side that morning either.
If you need anything please don't hesitate to email me. Your furkids, skinkids and you and your hubby are in my thoughts and prayers.

Albea
02-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Terri:
Like almost everybody else, I can't find words to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of baby Otis, and I know that no words would help you right now. May happy memories of him bring you some comfort.
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Golden Smiles
02-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Thank all of you for your kind words, they really do mean a lot right now. You are all such sweet people, thanks for being there. I am so sad and lost still, everything reminds me of him, and i call the other babies Otis a lot by mistake. I am trying to be strong for the fur and non furr kids and my hubby. Thnks again, Terri

aly
02-25-2002, 01:55 PM
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/4674700_20020225_145403_20020225145403.jpg

Logan
02-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Oh, Aly, a beautiful, beautiful banner. :) And a treasure to remember sweet Otis by.

tatsxxx11
02-25-2002, 04:14 PM
This is the most heartbreaking 24hrs I have ever known on Pet Talk. Aunt Jazz, Otis, Breezy, all gone in a blink of an eye. Please give Terri and her family all of our sincere love and sympthys and tell her that many, from all over the world, are grieving along with her and her family. Bless you dear Otis, you gentle, sweet soul. And bless you Amos for standing by your dear brother. Yes, God MUST have needed a very, very special dog to grace his heaven with beauty and love. Love, Sandra

slleipnir
02-25-2002, 07:14 PM
Such sad news :[ im sorry to hear that..our deepest sympathy and prayers

RachelJ
02-25-2002, 07:26 PM
This situation is every guardian's nightmare. Terri, I feel so sorry for your whole family. Please know that we are thinking about you and understand your pain.

lizbud
02-25-2002, 10:07 PM
I agree this has been the saddest time I can ever
remember on Pet Talk.. It is very hard to post anything,
I feel so sad for all who have suffered such a great loss
this past few days.. My prayers are with all who have had
to face this . There's never is a right time to lose one's dearly
loved companion & friend. There have been a number of
furkids pass to Rainbow Bridge recently, both canine & feline.

A lot of prayers are being offered for all of them & their
grieving companions left behind...

shais_mom
02-25-2002, 11:25 PM
My hope and prayer is that Otis will meet up with Shaianne, Aunt Jazz, Breezy, Jingles, Beener, Bandit, Butterscotch, Avalanche, Wolf, and ALL the other pups from PetTalk whose names escape me right now, and they can all run, play and jump around until they meet each and every one of us someday.
If I forgot names of some and I know I did I apologize, it wasn't intentional.

*LabLoverKEB*
02-26-2002, 12:00 AM
Oh, I am sooo sorry, to hear about sweet Otis.:( :( I am in tears right now. I'm sooo sorry, for the loss of your sweet Otis!:( I know exactley how you feel. I miss my baby Teal, who has also passed over the Bridge. God Bless your sweet heart, Amous. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

aly
02-26-2002, 12:28 AM
How is Amos doing now? Is he mourning? I hope he's eating okay at least :(

AmberLee
02-26-2002, 09:07 PM
{{{Terri and family}}} So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

KYS
02-26-2002, 10:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Otis.
It is never easy to loose a furry friend.
Thoughts are with you and your family.

Golden Smiles
03-02-2002, 07:59 AM
Thanks again everyone, you are all so wonderful. Aly, I just saw the banner, OMG that is so beautiful, my little angel. Thankyou. can i store that or use it with my signature, i am terrible at this stuff. I love that, so does my family.
We are starting to talk about Otis and laugh about his silly antics, like when we'd want to get in bed and he'd be sprawled out I'd say "get down Odie, after we get in you can get back up" and he'd "SLIME" his way off, firs his head and paws ever so SSLLOOWWLLYY would slide off, then his middle, then finally his back end would FLOP and hit the floor!! He got off of everything like that!! He was so funny!
I know Amos(the hero, Otis's daddy)Bailey(otis's mommy) and Stella are grieving, especailly the first week, I don't think Mocha notices, too young.
Thanks for being so supportiveguys, it means so much to us. Two of my sons have had birthadys in the lst 5 days, so we've been trying to put on happy faces. oxxo Terri and family

Pam
03-02-2002, 08:23 AM
Terri I am a little late reading your post and am very glad I don't have to go into work today as it would take a bit to compose myself. How terribly, terribly sad and such a shock for you! I have lost furkids under a planned, controlled situation (at the vet's) but also lost my beloved Whitney very suddenly at the age of 8. Though neither way is easy, I think the suddenness of a pet death shakes one to the core maybe just a bit more. I am glad to read that you are now able to sit back and reflect on happier times and the joy that Otis gave you in life. That is what keeps us going. There will of course be times when the tears will start (mine can still come and it's been years) but your memories will always be there for you to draw on. God bless you.

aly
03-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi Terri. I hope you're still holding up okay.

Here's the address of the Otis banner. You can put it in your sig with the [ img]and [ /img] (I had to add those spaces so it'd show up).

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35076/curr/4674700_20020225_145403_20020225145403.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-02-2002, 10:41 PM
Terri and family, sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.

K9karen
03-06-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm so terribly sorry I couldn't respond for a few days. I handle human tragedy much better than furkid tragedy. I am so sorry, beyond words, for everone's losses. I look at my Cody and just can't imagine. Just thinking about it makes me cry. You are all in my prayers and in my heart. I love you all....Karen

anna_66
03-06-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Logan
One of our members, Terri, who is Golden Smiles here at Pet Talk, and Sugarbear over at Golden Retriever has lost her Otis.....the Golden boy she kept out of her last litter of puppies. I am not handling this news very well, but I knew you would want to know and keep Terri and her family in your prayers. I have copied and am pasting the message from GR over to this board.

Hello everyone,

I just received an e mail from Terri aka sugarbear and the news made my soul weep.

She has been having problems posting this <MSN glitch---I think>

I am copying the email and pasteing it here.

Please say Prayers for her and her family and send strength to endure the agony until smiles and memories ease her pain. And pray for our baby OTIS who has been taken to the bridge---- he was born on this site.

Give your babies a gnuggle and hold them dear.

Lonewoodslady
Hi Debbi~
I have tried 2x to write this on the golden site, but quit mid story, it is
just too hard. On tues, the 19th, i came home from work and let Amos and Otis
out first and fed the(too much food aggression if the girls are out too)
about a half hour later I went to switch them, and two of the slats of the
6ft stockade fence were knocked loose and the boys were gone. I heard barking
and some ruckus, but that's usual especially when the little Boston terrier
up the street comes over and torments from the other side of the fence! I
immediately started lokking and calling for them, notified neighbors who went
looking also. I thought I would head to the playground or the creek up the
street and find them quickly as usual(they get loose 2-3x a year)After an
hour I was scared.i called the police, the humane society and the local
shelter etc and went out looking with hubby in 2 cars. We looked for 3 hours
until it was dark and came home and prayed for a call. The phone rang at 7;45
and said "is this the Amos residence?" They read Amos's Id and thought that
was our last name, I was so happy. they said "do you have 2 goldens?" I
screamed "they found them" and the lady then said "Im so sorry, one is dead
and the other will not leave his side, and I'm afraid he's going to get hit
also".(she was calling from her cell phone, the person who hit him did not
stop) We went right there, to the bridge next to Elk Creek where they swam a
lot in the summer, they were both soaked, and my poor baby was gone. It was
the worst thing i had ever seen. Amos was right there next to him, Otis died
instantly. He was such a spoiled baby, my husbands shadow, he was THE
sweetest we've ever had, I think because he was in our bed from week 2 on. My
husband was and is devastated, I have never seen him in 11 years sob like he
did, it was all a nightmare. I don't feel like doing anything, i feel lost,
and my family is so sad. The boys stayed home from school the next day as did
Terry and I. I miss him so much. I needed to share this, and get it off my
chest, thanks for listening and give all your babies a hug and kiss from us,
Terri and family
P.S Deb, if you wouldn't mind posting this for me, I would appreciate it. I'm so sorry for your loss, I know what it is like