PDA

View Full Version : Case DISMISSED!!!

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
We all pulled together...including my PT family...and Kevin's case was DISMISSED!!!

He used my mom's lawyer and he worked real hard and got Kevin off. I'm so glad...yay!!

The lawyer isn't charging Kevin!! So, my brother is getting him a gift certificate from a really nice restuarant in Westlake Village, I'm going to help him with some web design stuff and mom's baking him something yummy.

I'm so glad! Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Hugs,
♥ Kelly ♥

finn's mom
06-29-2005, 10:07 PM
YAY! :) How's Krista (that's his girlfriend's name, right?)? Kevin sounds like he's doing all right, that's why I'm asking about her, now. :)

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
OK, I guess I never actually updated...sorry, guys!

Last Thursday, Kevin was driving at the end of Petrero Canyon and his drivers side tire blew. A blown tire in a front-wheel drive car makes the driver lose control of the vehicle.

He hit a horse fence at the side of the road and hopped out of the car as soon as it stopped. The very first car to come along was a police office.

Kevin said he was really nice...but the next cop that came by said someone "saw him throw a beer bottle out of the drivers window RIGHT AFTER the accident". Kevin knew this wasn't true because the first car after the accident was the cop! (and...he didn't throw a bottle out...)

They searched in the bushes where he supposedly threw a bottle and surprise, didn't find one! :rolleyes: They searched his car and that's when they found the lone vicodin.

Took him in for questioning and tests and turns out he WAS telling them the truth, he had ONE BEER an hour or so prior to getting in the car. His level was 0.02....when 0.08 is the legal limit.

He was released.

This is why the case was dismissed:
-Car lost control after it blew a tire...this is typical
-Car is registered and belongs to Krista's mom
-Krista's mom drives the car when Kevin isn't using it
-Krista's mom has a rx for vicodin...she has some health issues that require her to take this

YAY for Kevin!! :) The case was idiotic...but you know, God works in mysterious ways. He wasn't going to work all week...something that was WRONG and he got caught. Him and Krista will need to figure things out. I hope and pray he'll fix this with her....she's SO GREAT and she's such a wonderful thing for him.

Anyway, thanks again, guys. :)

NoahsMommy
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
YAY! :) How's Krista (that's his girlfriend's name, right?)? Kevin sounds like he's doing all right, that's why I'm asking about her, now. :)
She was pretty down on Friday night when I saw her.

I called her today and left her a message saying I was there if she wanted to talk...or not. That I was thinking about her and would do anything I could to help.

I hope she's OK. I REALLY, REALLY like her a lot...I'd love if they could work things out.

shais_mom
06-30-2005, 12:06 AM
yeea!

gini
06-30-2005, 12:28 AM
Kelly, what great news. Give them some time............let things settle down.......and hopefully they can talk it through.

Oggyflute
06-30-2005, 02:11 AM
That's good news Kelly, I hope your brother is now on a good road.:)

ramanth
06-30-2005, 08:47 AM
That's great news Kelly. :) I hope Kevin can work things out with Krista.

King Spartacus
06-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh that's just super!!! I'm so glad things worked out, and that your brother is on the right track!

slick
06-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Great news Kelly! :)

luvofallhorses
06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Yeah, that's awesome news! :D

moosmom
07-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Kelly,

That is GREAT news!!!