PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Cat Toy!!

yumyum6970
02-15-2002, 06:44 AM
Hi guys,

I have found the perfect cat toy at the store last night. It is kind of pricey like $4.99, but it hooks to the top of the door and hangs on a string and a mouse is attached to the bottom. My little Yum Yum loves it!! She will pull and play at it and then it bounces back. It is something you can entertain them with without you having to hold a pole or something. :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Pam
02-15-2002, 07:11 AM
I had something very similar for Trevor when he was a kitten. He loved it. In fact, somewhere I have a picture of him playing with it. Unfortunately, as with lots of his toys, they eventually bit the dust. :(

C.C.'s Mom
02-15-2002, 07:42 AM
When I had kittens many years ago, I made something similar myself with a toy mouse. Many hours or fun for them, until they 'outgrew' their love for this toy.

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-28-2002, 11:07 PM
I just bougt my Tinky one of those toys, it was a get well present for her when she was spayed. We only could bring it out a few days ago though, I wanted to have her stitches out first. SHE LOVES THIS TOY!!!!!!! I found it at walmart and would recommend it for anybody! Actually I brought it to work yesterday to show my coworker and he is going to buy one for his two cats.:D :p

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-20-2002, 04:42 AM
Well I am just tryin to see if I can post a pic from this new netsnapshots place....if it works, this is a pic of Tinky playin with the toy i was talkin about in the thread above.....

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/th_PJhgyMCoBQIAAEyT7Fs_7030_4.jpg

oh goody i think it worked, i have more of her playin with this toy and they are FUNNY :p :D but i gotta go to bed now I will try and post them tomorrow.

wolflady
03-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Ohhhh I may have to get one of those for my Marius. He seems to like just about anything with 'dangly-dos', as I call them:D LOL

I picked up a really cheap toy at a pet show I attended in Jan, and he just loves it! It would be very simple to make. It's just a wooden dowel rod with tinfoil (icicles like you put on a tree at Christmas) strips glued on the end! Here is a picture of him pawing at it.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Oh Marius is such a pretty cat. LOL are his toenails painted LOL

Former User
03-21-2002, 03:11 AM
Kitty says Marius is sucj a handsome fellow, but she won't go after him since he's taken ;)

purrley
03-21-2002, 07:22 AM
C & K - tell Kitty not to let that stop her, you know how men are:D :D oops I didn't say that;) and by the way I think Marius has those soft paws on - I really need to get some for Panda, she's tearing up all my new furniture:( :(

yumyum6970
03-21-2002, 11:37 AM
Hey Purrley,

Try getting another cat that is older than your cat. We did that when Yum Yum was little and she learned from her sister that it was a no no to scratch on the furniture. Or either a cat tree..they love scratching on that. :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

or

http://community.webshots.com/user/ppeirce

purrley
03-21-2002, 11:43 AM
I got a cat tree, got a cat condo, got all kinds of cat scratching items. I think Panda must like the smell of the new furniture or something - can't say I haven't thought about de-clawing, but I won't - I think the soft paws would work really well:)

wolflady
03-21-2002, 03:55 PM
:o
Kitty, I'm flattered!!! You're such a sweet doll! I'm sending lots of purrs your way. Psst...didja know there is a mighty fine looking cat named Andy seeking a precious doll like you??!! He looks a lot like me. In fact...we may be long lost brothers! :eek: I could drop him a little hint, hint for you....;) BTW, your pics are very very nice. Especially those arty black and white ones. Has a model scout seen them yet???! Check this out too!
http://catkittenactingmodeling.tv/
purrs
Marius

purrley, I think the soft paws caps could be an option for you. How well does Panda take to you handling her paws?? That would be the only issue. If she doesn't mind her paws being handled...definitely give them a try! I love 'em! They really work great! Good luck!
If you need any tips, let me know!
**hugs**
Karen

Edwina's Secretary
03-21-2002, 04:55 PM
GASP!!!!!!!!

Oh Kitty :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Oh Marius :confused: :confused: !

I can see I'll need to keep an eye on you two......

A cosmopolitan kitty from Cali and a Belgium beauty with sexy whiskers.

How can I compete???:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-21-2002, 05:01 PM
Not to worry, Edwina. You have a solid Midwestern upbringing and your bonnet, your bonnet is the clincher. Don't I remember Marius crooning about how lovely you are in your bonnet? ;)

wolflady
03-21-2002, 07:45 PM
Oh yes, my dearest catnip Blossom!!! Never fear! I was thinking I could help my long lost brother (Andy) out with Kitty if she approves. He's confided in me his desire to find a sweet kitty like you, so I thought I could help him out in getting Kitty's attention. I think Kitty would be a good choice for him, don't you??!!:D Now, maybe you and I could get them two together and the 4 of us could rendevous.......purrrrrrrssssss
=^..^=
P.S. Tubby's mom is right....I Ooh la la over that adorable Spring bonnet:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Here are some more pics of Tinky and (the door possom)......

http://netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/PJhiIcCoBQIAAEyJmjs_7030_6.jpg

http://netsnapshot.com/users/7030/images/PJhioMCoBQIAAEx-VhA_7030_7.jpg

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-21-2002, 07:56 PM
OH MY GOODNESS...........
LOL LOL LOL

I have no idea how those pics got so BIG . I just put my pictures on netsnapshot.com and I think I need to study them a little bit more. Well If any of you ever wanted a close up of Tinky............. there it is. :p :D :rolleyes:

Former User
03-22-2002, 02:44 AM
Kitty here... Mommy sayz I'm too young to date yet :mad: Whaz up with that woman? I'm 10 months exactly today and I'm old enough to date! She shoulnd't be worried, since they had me fixed ;) so whatz the prob wiht that woman?

Yeah, I kind of like Andy too ;) but the man of my dreams is that fluffy gorgeous day dream of mine (I hope), Noah!! :) Do ya think he cares for me? Mommy sayz Noah is too big for me, since I'm so tiny and fragile, but I don't care.

LoudLou
03-22-2002, 02:53 AM
HAPPY 10 Month BIRTHDAY KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Former User
03-22-2002, 03:04 AM
MEOW! (=thanx) :D and of course it's Casper b-day too!! Mommy sayz we will celebrate then when we turn 1 year young...she sayz we will get prezentz!! I hope she getz uz some mice to play with and lotz of yummie food!!

purrley
03-22-2002, 06:55 AM
:D :D C & K - delightful:) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2002, 09:54 AM
OMG!!!! Tinky climbs walls!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Great pictures Sara! How did you manage to be in the right place at just the right time for that second picture? That one is definitely a keeper. :D

wolflady
03-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Tinky, LOL LOL how funny. I love the "air-Tinky" shot!

Kitty, never fear. I have been over protective with my Marius, but finally at 5 years of age, I had to let him find the kitty of his dreams and he found Edwina. I couldn't be happier for him:)

Your mommy and daddy are doing what's best for you. There will be plenty of time for meeting boyz when you're a little older. Noah is a very handsome cat, and very nice too:D Dearest little Kitty, do let us know what develops between you and Noah when the time is right!:D All of us inquiring minds will want to know!!!
LOL

Happy 10 month B-day to you and your bro!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-22-2002, 12:17 PM
HAPPY 10 mo. BIRTHDAY C&K!!! :D

Great pictures Sara! How did you manage to be in the right place at just the right time for that second picture? That one is definitely a keeper.

Sometimes we call Tinky..... Tinky Terror. When she gets in play mode she gets all crazy. You could just take a picture at random (which is what I did here) and you would get something like that. I was gonna try and post some more but I am still working with this netsnapshots.com thing........ does anyone out there have thier pics on netsnapshots?

Edwina's Secretary
03-22-2002, 12:46 PM
Sara --

(Feels odd to type that as greeting instead of closing.)

I fought with netsnapshots this morning. Looks like the same tussle you are having -- either giant picture or tiny picture. If you figure it out -- let me know and I'll do the same!

Sara

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Sara, I've got a couple photos on netsnapshot.com. It is definitely different than most of the other photo sites out there, and kind of difficult to use until you get the hang of it. Got a specific question? Let me know and I'll see if I can help.

I LOVE that picture of Tinky, and "air-Tinky" is so appropriate. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-22-2002, 12:55 PM
O.K. Sara (LOL) If I figure anything out I'll let ya know. T&P's mom one question I do have is, is there any way you can size the pic before you post it. Like Sara said I can only post them huge or small.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2002, 01:18 PM
I'll look into it too, but it may be that they re-size everything to those two sizes to maximize their room. I think somebody mentioned this somewhere before, but these pictures take up room on somebody's hard drive somewhere, and that may be their way of dealing with it.

I'll let you know if I find anything.

maxx's mom
04-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Please be careful with that toy...I had one for Maxx and she got tangled up in it really badly one day. She was so terrified she chewed off the toy at the end and ran around the house crying like a banshee! My husband and I had to put a blanket over her and cut the toy off her leg. Luckily it was 3 am and we were at home. I would have felt even more horrible had we not been around:(
Make sure you take the toy down when you are not home, I would hate for the same thing to happen to your kitty!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-18-2002, 09:47 PM
Yes, and didn't tough cookie just post that this same thing happened to Emma was it? Who would ever think, but as they always say, better to be safe than sorry. Especially with that precious Tinky and Jupiter. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-18-2002, 10:18 PM
T&P's mom your so sweet :o ..
Yeah I have to take the little opossom down while we are gone .... Jupiter likes to take it in his mouth and pull it in the living room (it is on the spare bedroom door in the hall now and he pulls it in walking backwards) then when it stretched as far as it will go he will let it go and lunge for it down the hall :D :D (My smart kitty) But the other day he had pulled it so hard it came off the frame and he came walking in and it was wrapped around his torso and I had to get it off. So now I take it down when we can't supervise him....... Tinky on the other hand doesn't get crazy with the opossom she just gets so excited she trys to climb the door frame :eek: silly kitties :eek:

Mocha
04-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi Sara.. I really really wanted to see the pictures but I waited for 10mins and all i could see were your floor tiles!! lol.. anyway999999999999999999999999 (hahah everyone - that was pippo trying to type for me) :D yes as i was saying, before i was rudely interrupted by someone waiting to be petted here.. I wish i could see them but my connection is way too slow. could you email me the pcs or maybe post a smaller set?? thanks :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Mocha
Hi Sara.. I really really wanted to see the pictures but I waited for 10mins and all i could see were your floor tiles!! lol.. anyway999999999999999999999999 (hahah everyone - that was pippo trying to type for me) :D yes as i was saying, before i was rudely interrupted by someone waiting to be petted here.. I wish i could see them but my connection is way too slow. could you email me the pcs or maybe post a smaller set?? thanks :)

I've taken the liberty of cropping Sara's pictures and resizing them so more of you can see them. I think the one of Tinky climbing the walls just has to be seen by everybody! So, Sara, hope you don't mind, but heeeeeerrrrrrrrreeesssssss Tinky!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-23-2002, 11:04 AM
And here's the other one. Even with my new, fast DSL it took over 5 minutes to get the two pictures downloaded. But here's the other one. Go Tinky!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-23-2002, 10:40 PM
MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU DEBBIE, i don't mind at all.!!!
How did you resize those pics???? Someone told me to get photoshop or photosuite..... If there is a CHEAPER way I would love to know.......:D :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-24-2002, 12:25 PM
Sara, I use Microsoft's "Picture It!" I got a sample of it when we bought our scanner, and then when I bought my digital camera, I bit the bullet and bought the entire program. I think it was only $29.99 or something like that, but it's the 2000 version.

I just checked online at Picture It! 2002 (http://photos.msn.com/editorial/EditorialStart.aspx?article=CDProductHome&section=CD_PRODUCT) and I guess the new version is $34.95.

I don't know what programs you've been looking at, but you really don't need any professional type program, or the premium one the Picture It! offers. Just a basic one that will resize, correct coloring, etc. Picture It! has many different templates and projects and such that I never use. I guess they are nice to have in case I ever do need them, but.... Also, this entire program takes up a lot of space but there are ways to only load the parts of it that you need and leave the templates off so you'd have to install the CD if you ever wanted to use them.

Hope this helps!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-24-2002, 07:02 PM
Thanks Debbie,
I will check it out this weekend!!

Mocha
05-02-2002, 03:23 AM
Hi I've just (FINALLY) seen the pics and they were worth the wait!! How did you get that pic of Tinky climbing the wall??? It was amazing...I gotta get my camera fixed so i can show you guys what my fat kitty cat looks like :) Thanks for resizing the pictures debbie!!!! Will post a pic of Pippo soon :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Mocha
Thanks for resizing the pictures debbie!!!! Will post a pic of Pippo soon :)

You're welcome. :)

And Sara, you might want to try Image Station (http://www.imagestation.com) instead of netsnapshot.com. The pictures I've posted to imagestation were all different sizes, but when I posted them here they all came out the same size, so I think they do a better job at what we are looking for than netsnapshot.com Once again it's a little confusing figuring out their software, but once you figure it out it's all pretty easy.

Check it out because we need more pictures of Tinky and Jupiter! :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-02-2002, 07:54 PM
Check it out because we need more pictures of Tinky and Jupiter! ]

WILL DO....won't pass up any chance to show off my babies!!!!!
Can't get on line AT ALL at home right now,,,, there is some tech guy gonna come out and look at our DSL modom tomorrow.....I THINK THE HUBBY BURNT IT UP :rolleyes: !!! So untill then I am restricted to dodging the supers at work to get my daily dose of pet talk :(

cutie_chica
05-29-2002, 11:51 PM
My Kitty Princess' Favorite toy is, this little plastic frog I got at the Cleveland Rainforest and Zoo a few years back she will pounce and jump on it for hours and its so adorable!!!:) :p :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-29-2002, 11:57 PM
I ordered a catalog of cat toys and there is a toy I wanna get for T & J sooo bad....... there is a variety of ones to choose from... like a frog or duck or lizard.... any way each one has an appendage that you pull ( like the lizard his tongue and the duck his tail etc. etc.) and while the tongue or whatever pulls back in the toy will vibrate and move around........... I BET MY BABIES WOULD JUST LOVE IT!!!!

Hayley
06-09-2002, 12:38 AM
My cats favorite toy is a bear, that she plays fetch with. Its all chewed up now from years of being mauled.:rolleyes:

06-24-2002, 06:17 AM
Sarah , your Tinky is sooooo funny !!! Enroll that kitty for the next olympics ; it is quite a "jumper" !!!!!!!!!!

SANDY FROST
07-17-2002, 02:18 PM
:) :) :) :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:
THE PERFECT TOY FOR MY CAT BAXTER IS CHEAP AND HE EITHERS PLAYS BY HIMSELF FOR HOURS OR WE PLAY FETCH THE PIPECLEANER FOR HOURS TOO,
LONG COLORFUL PIPECLEANERS CAN BE FOUND AT MOST CRAFT STORES.
I GOT MY AT MICHAELS. TAKE THE PIPECLEANER AROUND YOUR FINGER AND TWIST IT MAKING A COIL AND LET ME NTELL YOU BAXTER GOES CRAZY
OVER THEM. I 'VE GIVEN PIPECLEANERS TO OTHER CAT FRIENDS AND THE RESULT IS THE SAME. CATS LOVE THEM.
SANDY FROST AND BAXTER FROST

SANDY FROST
07-17-2002, 08:45 PM
:) A FRIEND GAVE ME SOME LONG PIPECLEANERS OF WHICH CAN BE FOUND AT ANY CRAFT STORE. TAKE THE PIPECLEANER AND WRAP IT AROUND YOUR FINGER AND IT WILL BE A SPRINGY. THROW IT ONTO THE FLOOR AND WATCH
YOUR CAT GO CRAZY. BAXTER MY CAT LIKES TO PLAY FETCH THE PIPECLEANER TILL THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING.
HAVE FUN,
SANDY FROST

SANDY FROST
07-17-2002, 10:56 PM
:) C ATS LOVE PIPECLEANERS THAT ARE LONG. THE KIND THAT CAN BE FOUND IN ANY CRAFT STORE. WRAP THE PIPECLEANER AROUND YOUR FINGER
AND THEN TAKE IT OFF AND THROW IT TO THE CAT AND THE FUN BEGINS.
BAXTER WILL PLAY FETCH AND THROW THE PIPECLEANER INTO THE WEE
HOURS OF THE MORNING IF HE HAD HIS WAY.
SANDY FROST