PDA

View Full Version : A very special photo to me

K9soul
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Today when I got the mail, there was a large envelope there from my Mom. Puzzled, I opened it and pulled out a photo that made my heart stop. It is one I have not seen in many years. It is of my dearest RB Willie. She had been going through boxes and came across this 8x10 of Willie after he had won his first point. The lady handling him in the picture was his breeder, as we were novices at handling. Willie was a late bloomer and is 3 years old in the picture, he was just starting to fill out and get a thicker coat after being a skinny and scruffy coated youngster. When I first started taking him to conformation classes, some of the other handlers felt he'd never take anything in the ring because he was such a big, awkward pup without a very thick coat. But he surprised many when he began to fill out, grow in a beautiful coat, and his awkward, gangly puppy body smoothed out beautifully. As I've mentioned before, he was only one 3 pt major shy of championship, but with me starting college we had to give up showing as it is an expensive undertaking.

It's hard not to go on and on about him. It's hard to put into words just how it felt to open that envelope and slide that picture out - the unexpected shock of it, the mixture of joyfulness at seeing him, the sharp stab of grief again at his absence, smiling through a flood of tears. I just had to share my boy one more time. I never got to share him with others when he was still with me. It is just a picture of a picture, so the quality is not the same as the original. Here he is in all his glory, Milen's Risky Business, my Will.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Willie%20and%20Cody/williefirstpoint.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/k9soul/Willie%20and%20Cody/williefirstpointclose.jpg

You're with me strongly today, Will. I can feel you.

IRescue452
06-28-2005, 01:24 PM
He was a late bloomer with that coat, but gorgeous nonetheless. I'm sure that picture brought back the best of memories even though you had to feel the loss again. Your mom must have known how much that picture would mean to you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful boy.

dappledoxie
06-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Wow, he looks gorgeous in that picture, I bet you miss him like crazy!

dukedogsmom
06-28-2005, 01:37 PM
That even made me cry. I'm sure it kind of brings back the sadness of missing him but it's also a great memory of a happy time. He was a beautiful dog. I haven't seen many Collies with the black instead of brown. I'm sure you will forever cherish that photo.

elizabethann
06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I couldn't read the whole post because it was starting to make me cry (and I'm at work). What a beautiful photo and an equally beautiful dog.

Willie must of had a great life.

Queen of Poop
06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
What a wonderful, sad surprise the receipt of the photos must have been. He is a beautiful boy.

pipersmom
06-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Willie is a gorgeous boy. How lucky you were to have each other. *Hugs*

gemini9961
06-28-2005, 02:16 PM
What a story..he was a beautiful dog no matter how long it took him to grow into his coat.

luvofallhorses
06-28-2005, 02:17 PM
He was beautiful and had the best life he could ask for. **hugs**

ParNone
06-28-2005, 02:39 PM
hi k9soul! Willie is absolutely stunning. I always enjoy you sharing stories and photos of him and Cody. Makes'em a very special part of Pettalk. Your love of them comes shining through.

Par...

furrykidsmother
06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
What a beautiful dog. Treasure that picture always!

Daisy and Delilah
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
What a gorgeous boy your Willie was Jessica. We know he must have been the love of your life. A true champion in every way.

Terry, Daisy and Delilah

K9soul
06-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Thank you for your heartfelt comments and understanding, they truly mean a lot to me. Will got me through some very dark times in my life, I don't know how I'd have made it without him.

finn's mom
06-28-2005, 05:37 PM
That's a beautiful dog, tribute, and, photo. I'm glad you posted this.

petslover
06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
That is such a pretty boy! Willie had a wonderful life with you.

KYS
06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
What heart warming memories and beautiful pictures.
Thank you for sharing.

RobiLee
06-28-2005, 06:54 PM
{{Big Hugs for you Jess}}

Thanks for sharing that special moment with us. Such a sweet moment to share. I'm so glad your mom sent you the picture. I love when you talk about Will and Cody. I can always hear the love in your words. Even though they are not here with us now you have made them a part of Pet Talk and they are very special.

Will is so gorgeous in that picture. I'll bet you were so proud of him. I love how he surprised everyone by filling out to be such a great Collie boy;)

Hugs....Robin :)