PDA

View Full Version : New Kittens

Bigfoot
06-18-2005, 12:53 AM
My cat had 4 kittens on Wednesday afternoon. To night when we came home one(which appeared to be health this morning) was dead. Does anyone know if the mother is prone to squishing the babaies. The mother does seems scared everytime there is a loud noice upstairs. What can I do to make her more comfotable?

aly
06-18-2005, 01:34 AM
I'd try to keep a close eye on them if possible. It does sometimes happen that the mother will suffocate the baby on accident, especially if you have too much bedding with them. It also could be possible that it was just a weak baby and nature took its course :( A call to the vet for some advice wouldn't hurt.

I have lots of experience fostering bottle babies, but I never have the mother dog/cat with the babies. I do know I've seen the mothers at the shelter accidently lay on and kill their babies before though (I mean, I didn't actually see it, but later found out that is what happened).

catmandu
06-18-2005, 08:53 AM
ALL I CAN DO,IS PRAY,FOR YOUR KITTENS.
KEEP AN EYE,ON THE RUNT,OF THE LITTER,AS THE MOMMA,CAT W,ILL SACRIFICE,A WEAK ONE,TO CONCENTRATE,ON THE OTHERS.

AND KEEP ANYOME AWAY,AS TOO MANY VISITORS ,WILL MAKE HER NERVOUS,ESPECIALLY,IF THIS,IS HER FIRST LITTER.
SHE MAY MOVE,THEM,TO A PLACE,THAT IS NOT,AS SAFE,AS THE ONE,THAT SHE IS IN NOW.

ALL THE BEST,FROM,THE FEEDER,AND HIS FOUND CATS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg