PDA

View Full Version : Not just on my chair, but on my toilet!

fairlady68
02-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi, I was amused by today's poll because Julie has developed an interesting habit this winter. Most of the time when I go into the washroom and sit down on the toilet, she jumps up on my lap and purrs. She thinks this is the greatest time to cuddle with me! We have a sweet little love-in on the potty, especially when I have to get up and go in the middle of the night ... And sometimes she will go in the bathroom and sit on the closed toilet, because she knows that I will be going in there. And I have to move her off because, silly girl, dontcha know I can't use it if you are sitting on the closed lid??

zippy-kat
02-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Same here! lol

The rabbit will even follow me into the bathroom! lol

NoahsMommy
02-05-2002, 12:04 AM
Sophie! You're so cute!!! Just like a kitty!! (hee hee)

Fairlady, that is what Noah does too!! So cute!

aly
02-05-2002, 12:50 AM
Hehe, Shiloh will usually go in there and play with the drawstrings on my pajama pants!!

Shiloh's worst habit is crawling onto my chest in the morning purring real loud and being very affectionate THIRTY SECONDS BEFORE THE ALARM GOES OFF!!!!!!!!! Why can't she do this on days I have off that I can lay in bed all morning loving on her?? She only does this when I HAVE to get up!!

C.C.'s Mom
02-05-2002, 01:48 AM
Rudie also thinks it's the best time of the night to come in the bathroom when I'm there for cuddles. I guess because he's awake all night and wanders through the house till I let him out.

Former User
02-05-2002, 02:02 AM
Casper and Kitty spend their whole night in the bathroom, so when we go there, they both are asleep.Casper starts purring because he thinks we came to see them in the middle of the night :rolleyes: Then they both sit on top of the washing machine, and watch while...um... you know.
During the day time, they also like to follow us when we go to the toilet, and if we don't let them in, they start meowing like it's the end of the world :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
02-05-2002, 12:16 PM
Niina,

That's exactly what Noah and Noel do too!! They cry and cry and stick their paws under the door until they are let in....this is exactly why I take showers with the door open! :o

Former User
02-05-2002, 12:38 PM
LOL Kelly, I have to let the cats in before taking a shower. Don't feel like listening all that meowing while taking a shower. Then when I'm taking a shower, they both are staring at me :eek:

yumyum6970
02-05-2002, 01:30 PM
My two cats love sleeping on the rugs in the bathroom at night and sometimes will sleep at our bedroom door out in the hallway. I have to watch them when i get up at night to use the bathroom so i will not trip over them. It is so funny.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

wolflady
02-05-2002, 01:52 PM
LOL LOL This is just too too too too funny! What is it with cats and potties, and well...bathrooms in general??!!:eek: I just cracks me up when Marius feels the need to jump on my lap when I'm in the bathroom. Gotta be careful of those nails on bare legs...especially when they slip or miss and try to grab on! OUCH!:eek:
Most of you know that Marius has a total foot fetish and he absolutely cannot STAND IT if the bathroom door is closed while one of us is using the bathroom or taking a shower, so we're in with all ya'll in that we just have to leave the door open, otherwise there would be paws digging at the carpet under the door (a BIG no no) or just banging on the door in general.
I've also noticed that recently, Marius has been lying in the upstairs bathroom sink. It's so funny when I go in there and find him laying in the sink (or even on the toilet) all by himself in the dark:rolleyes: But, I think it has something to do with the fact that I swear that's the hottest room in the whole house! There is a vent directly above the upstairs bathroom sink...so it's always nice and warm in there! LOL Cats are so funny sometimes!:)

wayne0214
02-05-2002, 07:25 PM
Dittos, on furkids and toilets. Whenever I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, the furkids on the bed sleeping with me, and those scattered throughout the house, all come to me while I'm on the commode. The other night, I counted 9 furkids all wanting attention or recognition. There is usually one who will settle in my drawn down pants! There is some storage shelves next to the toilet, and there are at least 2 furkids in that. And when I go back to bed, they decide to play for a while, until they get tired and go back to bed themselves.:D

C.C.'s Mom
02-06-2002, 04:31 AM
I bought a new shower curtain, a see thru one. Why? Because there are 3 very curious furry babies sitting nicely next to each other on the shower rug. And since they couldn't see me, they usually started to ask the dog to 'plees-plees' put the head around the corner for a quick lick on my ankles to see if I'm surviving the rain. I now have an audience that sees me and I can keep a close look on the dog too (she likes to get my clean clothes and drag them all over the place and lay down on it).

lynnestankard
02-06-2002, 05:37 AM
These are all so funny :D :D

I posted a bit ago - that daft Ketchum HAS to be in the bathroom with me - if I dare to close the door he scratches the carpet and thumps his head on the door!!!!:eek:
So it's easier to let him in and so he can sit on my knee and encourage Mummy!!!!! Then of course Dan has to come barging in and DEMAND I turn the tap on for his drink!!
Whatever happened to nice 'peaceful time' in the bathroom?:D
Lynne

tuxluvr
02-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Casper_Kitty
LOL Kelly, I have to let the cats in before taking a shower. Don't feel like listening all that meowing while taking a shower. Then when I'm taking a shower, they both are staring at me :eek:

too funny---Ritz does this too, I wonder sometimes what she is thinking... 'MAN, what WIERD looking cats!"

zippy-kat
02-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
These are all so funny :D :D

I posted a bit ago - that daft Ketchum HAS to be in the bathroom with me - if I dare to close the door he scratches the carpet and thumps his head on the door!!!!:eek:
So it's easier to let him in and so he can sit on my knee and encourage Mummy!!!!! Then of course Dan has to come barging in and DEMAND I turn the tap on for his drink!!
Whatever happened to nice 'peaceful time' in the bathroom?:D
Lynne

LOL LOL LOL
Lynne you are too funny! I'm sure glad you joined us here at PetTalk!

NoahsMommy
02-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Too funny!!

A cats facination with the bathroom is so funny! I'll find Noah in the bathroom sink in the wee hours of the morning.

lynnestankard
02-09-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Too funny!!

A cats facination with the bathroom is so funny! I'll find Noah in the bathroom sink in the wee hours of the morning.

LOL LOL Kelly - did you really mean - wee hours??!!!

:D :D :D :D

Lynne

libracats
02-09-2002, 11:09 PM
Bandit is the ultimate (should I say) Toilet Kitty. Everytime I go to the toilet, he jumps on my lap, lays down an purrrrrs while I rub him(you have to, he demands it:) )I dont know what I'd do without him. He makes the whole experience worth it:D

Pam
02-10-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

LOL LOL Kelly - did you really mean - wee hours??!!!

:D :D :D :D

Lynne

Oh Lynne you are too funny!!!! :D :D

lynnestankard
02-11-2002, 04:38 AM
Tonya and Pam - aw thank you. :o :)

Lynne

Sia1
02-11-2002, 11:18 AM
I've come home often to find my little boy, Whisper, actually drinking from the toilet. I tell my boyfriend to remember to put the seat down but he always seems to forget. I think in a past life Whisper must have been a dog. :rolleyes:

Former User
02-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Sia1
I've come home often to find my little boy, Whisper, actually drinking from the toilet. I tell my boyfriend to remember to put the seat down but he always seems to forget. I think in a past life Whisper must have been a dog. :rolleyes:

LOL Sia!!! :D :D