PDA

View Full Version : Trying to turn door knob!

yumyum6970
02-04-2002, 09:13 AM
I must get a picture of Yum Yum doing this to show yall-Yall will not believe me!!!

Yum Yum is part siamese and is 9 months old and weighs 7 lbs. She will stretch herself to the front door knob or to our bedroom door knob and will try to grab hold of it to turn it so she can go outside or in our bedroom. It is sooo cute. I can't believe how smart she is.
Does any of yalls cats do this??

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Former User
02-04-2002, 10:02 AM
Casper has got the hang of how to open a door... he does need some help to get it completely open, but the other day he opened the bathroom door by himself, accidentaly I think, but anyhow, he looked proud after doing it :D Have to start locking doors here now :rolleyes:

yumyum6970
02-04-2002, 10:25 AM
That is cute casper_kitty. :) Oh, and I like your website. You have some cute cats. : )

Former User
02-04-2002, 10:27 AM
Awww, thanx! Casper & Kitty are very cute yes ;)
Thanx for visitng the website, I've been to your website earlier today :) Looks very nice!

yumyum6970
02-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Oh thanks, casper_kitty. I hope you were able to see the kitties photos because some people tell me they can't see them, but here at work we can. It is sooo strange! :(

Former User
02-04-2002, 11:34 AM
yup, saw the pics :)

wayne0214
02-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Snow Tiger hasn't figured out a way to turn doorknobs, but he just today, figured out how to open the refrigerator door. It was very quiet in here this early morning. I stepped into the kitchen and saw Snow Tiger and Snow Cat both chewing on some bacon by tearing open the plactic seal. Now I'll have to compensate for this some way.:rolleyes:

..........wayne

yumyum6970
02-05-2002, 10:44 AM
That is too funny wayne!! :)

gini
02-05-2002, 12:31 PM
Rascal has been grounded ( I am working on him being an indoor cat).

My back screen door has a handle that you "push" to open the door. I have caught Rascal several times trying to push the latch open. He just can't stretch quite that far. But if he learned to jump and push - he would be out the door.

yorkster
02-05-2002, 06:44 PM
My cat Wylie (1 yr. old M. Coon) has done this a couple times now.
The cats have their 'own room' where we keep their food, cat box, etc. Sometimes we shut the door to keep the dog out, or when there is a lot of going in & out, and they are indoor kitties who door-dash.
It sounds like Wylie is fiddling at the door, and sometimes like he is throwing himslf at it. The next thing you know is.....here he comes out the door. ;)

The first time it happened I thought my husband left the door ajar, but then it happened a short time later when he was gone.

lynnestankard
02-06-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by wayne0214
Snow Tiger hasn't figured out a way to turn doorknobs, but he just today, figured out how to open the refrigerator door. It was very quiet in here this early morning. I stepped into the kitchen and saw Snow Tiger and Snow Cat both chewing on some bacon by tearing open the plactic seal. Now I'll have to compensate for this some way.:rolleyes:

..........wayne

So pleased Snow Tiger has fully recovered Wayne - looks like he's really back to normal - good kitty.:D :D
Lynne

wayne0214
02-06-2002, 09:36 AM
Yes, and he is becoming more clever about getting at my stored food. It is now necessary to hide some things in microwave oven to keep him away from them.

Also, I have another kitty who usually stayed in the background, now coming forward with more antics and a closer relationship , Orphan. Yesterday, he was taking flying leaps on their hanging blanket. Now he is beginning to paw at the moving icons on the monitor screen, and sleeps with me and the others on my bed. When ever I am on this keyboard, he is next to me sleeping if not "helping". 'Love 'em! :)

...........wayne

lynnestankard
02-07-2002, 05:41 AM
Aww so cute :D :D

We take it Orphan has well and truly settled in!!!

Lynne