PDA

View Full Version : I have been slobbered

gini
05-30-2005, 07:11 PM
No, not clobbered - slobbered.

You see, I have cats.......three of them..........and well, they do drool occasionally, but slobber - not really.

I am taking care of Rusty and Ginger, my neighbor's goldens this week end. Rusty is huge............those who attended the BBQ last year got to meet them both.

I went to their home to feed them and Rusty just reached right out and slobbered me. You know, the really gooey kind that clings to your face:D :D

You just have to love dogs to put up with this! Thank goodness I am washable.

slick
05-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by gini
You know, the really gooey kind that clings to your face:D :D
EEEEWWWWWWW!!!! :D :eek: Actually, I've been there, done that. My mechanic has a huge St. Bernard named Bernie and everytime I get my car fixed, Bernie meets me in the office. Well, I always bring him some of my homemade treats. He drools so bad that when I feed him his treats, the owner puts a bucket on the floor. :D :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rusty and Ginger in July.

Lady's Human
05-30-2005, 10:41 PM
After two St Bernards in the family, I know the feeling. I wish I had the pic of Jen and I with our laps dog in digits. Brunie (My parent's saint) was convinced that Jen and I were her couch.:D

K9karen
05-30-2005, 11:00 PM
John and I ate lunch at an outdoor cafe yesterday and an awesome, beautiful family of parents, 3 kids, 1 baby Maltese and a one year old Newfie sat beside us! The Newfie had just emerged from a nearby creek so not only did I get soaked (I had to give hugs) but slobbered on too! Then I ate lunch!!! :D :D :D
The father ordered a bowl of meatballs for the Newfie, whose head rested right on the table with ease! The parents were great with the kids and Maltese but the dad kept kissing the Newfie, a sight I hadn't seen in a long time. I thought it more a girl thing, but this guy was loving on this dog. No other patrons complained, in fact the Newfie was a topic of conversation and everyone was walking over to it. It was so much fun. I was in dog heaven! I love Newfies!

Oggyflute
05-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't feel right without my daily dose of slobber.:D

anna_66
05-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Isn't it just grand:p We get plenty of it here so we know just how you feel!

lbaker
05-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Do you realize some ladies spend a ka-zillion $$ for skin lotions to keep them young looking? Did Rusty & Ginger charge you for your FREE skin care treatment or was your loving attention a "good trade "?? ;) :p