PDA

View Full Version : My friends dog had puppies

jesse_3
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
My friend, Brittany, has a dog who just had puppies! They are 3/4 rat terrier and 1/4 Chihuahua! I got to hold them and they are absolutely adorable! I'm sorry, but I don't have a camera so I can't show pics!
Welcome to the world Ginger and Chloe!

Oggyflute
05-27-2005, 12:50 AM
aww, no pics? now I feel teased.:D

jesse_3
05-27-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry Trev! lol! Maybe I can bring a camera and Rachel (rizzy) can take a picture of the picture! lol! I'll do my best!

bckrazy
05-27-2005, 02:01 AM
:( another tally on the BYB list.

I hope all of the pups are healthy and happy and lurved, anyway! ^_^

LKPike
05-27-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by bckrazy

well not yet, unless I missed a post??? :confused: ((or its an overpriced mutt thing like the cockapoo and all that. "purebred mommy, purebred daddy, different breeds, hey! lets mix 'em and charge $200 more than average price for the breed of mom and dad!" :rolleyes: its a mutt. not a new breed. a mutt.))

but there've been accident litters on PT before, hopefully thats the case and the babies are loved, in either case. :)

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 08:43 AM
:(

Lets just hope they fall into the right homes and will be well cared for.

beeniesmom
05-27-2005, 08:46 AM
After all that was written about me wanting to possibly breed Beenie (purebread boston terrier) with another purebred boston terrier, I have to say that I am very surprised that noone has grilled you (your friend) yet about mixing breeds.
???:confused:

petslover
05-27-2005, 08:46 AM
aww. I can't wait to see pictures. I know how it is with puppies. When Buster and CoCo were born it was so exciting.

flamepony12
05-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
After all that was written about me wanting to possibly breed Beenie (purebread boston terrier) with another purebred boston terrier, I have to say that I am very surprised that noone has grilled you (your friend) yet about mixing breeds.
???:confused:

because it was not the poster, it was her friend. And it's not like we can warn her from doing it, since it's already been done.

I just hope they'll all go to great homes, and that she won't do it again. Unless, of course, she's an experienced breeder like SunKissedGoldens is, which I'm assuming she's not, since they're mixed breeds. On the other hand, I'm sure they're very cute, and the pics will be adorable. :)

beeniesmom
05-27-2005, 08:58 AM
yeah ... ok... i guess you are right.... besides..... i don't care what anyone says.... ALL PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE! I'm sure they will have a loving home.

cloverfdx
05-27-2005, 08:58 AM

I would but it usualy goes in one ear and out the other and i spend alot of time trying to educate people, you just lose hope after a while.

:(

lute
05-27-2005, 04:58 PM

i don't think this counts as a BYB unless they are breeding them on purpose and/or selling the pups to whomever comes along and just don't care.

i've had an accidental litter before, but i don't think that makes me a BYB.

welcome to the world puppies! i hope your parents are neuterd and spayed soon.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-27-2005, 07:28 PM

I hope all of the pups are healthy and happy and lurved, anyway! ^_^

Yep!:(:(

gemini9961
05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm sure they will find loving homes :) I bet they are adorable.

bckrazy
05-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by lute
i don't think this counts as a BYB unless they are breeding them on purpose and/or selling the pups to whomever comes along and just don't care.

bah. I dunno. I didn't mean to offend anyone, thats just how I feel about it. To me. . if you have an unaltered female, and you know or kindof know she's *possibly* coming into heat, and you allow her to be with an unaltered boy. . that's a BYB situation. They basically "bred in the backyard" and 99.9% of the time it is allowed to happen, even if they do call it a "mistake". I'm really guessing they did this on purpose, since the pups ARE "1/4 chihuahua, 3/4 rat terrier". They probably thought that combo would be cute (they're probably SUPER cute!), and almost a full Rat Terrier, and that everyone would want a pup. I do hope they find awesome homes and the sire and dam are altered...

cocker_luva
05-28-2005, 12:24 AM
they sound adorable

Giselle
05-28-2005, 02:10 AM
I have a feeling this litter was planned. I mean, why would you intentionally leave an in heat b*tch in contact with an intact dog? Fact of it is, a responsible breeder tries everything in his/her power to prevent mixed litters. If you read the Code of Ethics of a few breed clubs, you'll find that many of them state "members shall guard against unplanned pregnancies" or something of the life. I'm just going to guess here, but chances are the dogs are not used for showing. So, why are they being left intact? Because they're too young to be speutered? Well, then aren't they too young to breed?

I agree with Bckrazy that this IS a BYB. Perhaps not in the respects of a full fledged puppy mill, like Wizard of Claws, but certainly not a responsible breeder.

OTOH, accidental litters are just that. Plenty of reputable breeders have experienced accidental litters, but, like Bckrazy mentioned, the "percentages" of their breeds have been kept recorded. This is usually a BYB tactic. As well, Beeniesmom, we do try to educate people like in your case. It's just that, like another poster mentioned, the majority of the people we try to educate turn the other cheek and don't listen. It does get frustrating and that's why I'll stop typing...now.

dukedogsmom
05-28-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by beeniesmom
yeah ... ok... i guess you are right.... besides..... i don't care what anyone says.... ALL PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE! I'm sure they will have a loving home.
Unfortunately, that is NOT the case :( Puppies are put to death just like adult dogs. That is a very bad misconception. That kind of thinking is what makes it easier for people to convince themselves that it's ok to breed any dog to another. I wish people would educate themselves!

ChrisH
05-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Okay, people, I have just got to say something here. None of you who are attacking jesse_3's friend know the what happened except that two puppies have been born. I am so surprised and upset that you could say things you are without knowing all the facts!

I think this is the first time I have ever written this way but I feel so bad for jesse_3. All the poor girl has done is to come on here to tell you what she feels is happy news and she gets this! :(

Chris

petslover
05-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I agree with ChrisH.

Toby's my baby
05-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Okay, people, I have just got to say something here. None of you who are attacking jesse_3's friend know the what happened except that two puppies have been born. I am so surprised and upset that you could say things you are without knowing all the facts!

I think this is the first time I have ever written this way but I feel so bad for jesse_3. All the poor girl has done is to come on here to tell you what she feels is happy news and she gets this! :(

Chris

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad you said something!! :)

Congrats the your friend, and her new puppies. I hope you can post pictures soon!! Good luck to her in finding homes for them! :)

tikeyas_mom
05-28-2005, 02:29 PM
this does sound like a BYB situation.
But i still wish your friend all the luck with the little babies.
Maybe try talking her into spaying her dog now??

luvofallhorses
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH

Chris

I agree with you 100%! I cannot wait to see pictures of the puppies. :)

sammy101
05-28-2005, 10:19 PM
aggree'd with Chris!

jesse_3
05-31-2005, 03:29 PM
I have missed a couple of days here, this is what happened...Brittany's dad adopted this dog (Sadie) and she all ready had puppies. The owners were going to kill her and the pups, so her dad save them! There is only two, and she is keeping one while her sister is adopting another one. I'm sorry..I didn't mean for this to end up in an argument. Thank you Chris for sticking up for me though!

Stephanie

crsvstang
05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm glad your friend's dad saved the mom and the pups.:)

Hope we get see some pics of the cuties!

tikeyas_mom
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
Well congrats on the new additions lol.
They must be so cute.
I am sickened that her old owners were going to kill the pups.
how could anyone kill an innocent puppy :(.. thats horrible :(:(.

sammy101
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh,i'm happy her dad rescued them!:) and i'm glad they already have homes.
i dont know how people could kill innocent puppies:mad: :(

jesse_3
05-31-2005, 11:30 PM
They are 3/4 rat terrier and 1/4 Chihuahua

In case if any of you were wondering, I got that combonation because, the owners were going to kill her because they weren't purebred (who knows what that means anyways?) They couldn't get money off of them because they were "mutts". Once again, I'm sorry for the confusion, I should have thought before I wrote.

(Thank you everyone else too for sticking up for me, I didn't have time to type that before!)

Everyone else that was angry, I understand, and I hope I wasn't sounding like a snot thanking them, I'm not trying to call you mean or anything!