PDA

View Full Version : Naming an American Bulldog

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Ok, so I've got this American Bulldog that a kid brought into Petsmart Saturday and dumped. He said he found it running around a nearby neighborhood. I need help with names.

I don't have a pic of him but he is fawn and white and huge. He looks like the dogs on this website:

http://www.barbersbulldogs.com/

Jadapit
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
I voted for Kong that's a cool name for an American Bulldog.;)
Wow! Is he really as huge as the one in the picture. Bless you pit chick for being there for these dogs. You are da bomb!!:D

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 03:59 PM
He's about 95lbs and all muscle. My bf likes Kong too. :)

Karen
05-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Or, as he's an AMERICAN bulldog, you could go with a "founding fathers" sort of name like Jefferson, Quincy, Adams, etc! ;)

IRescue452
05-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I like them all, too hard to choose. Are you going to keep him if an owner doesn't show up (that is assuming he actually didn't belong to this kid)?

beeniesmom
05-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I'd suggest MASTO that mean "the big boss" in neopolitan dialect.

Suki Wingy
05-20-2005, 04:17 PM
I voted Tonka but I also like Kiddo

Pit Chick
05-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
Are you going to keep him if an owner doesn't show up (that is assuming he actually didn't belong to this kid)?

He's going to be put up for adoption as soon as possible. He was heartworm negative and otherwise in good shape. He had a jump rope tied to his collar that he was dragging when the kid found him. Since he was found so close to the store, we'll probably have to do a "found" ad in the paper for legal purposes in case the owner walks in one day and tries to claim him.

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I like Dozer. :)
Other than that, I think it was Adam Sandler who has a Bulldog named Meatloaf. ;O

LoudLou
05-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I like Dozer. :)
Other than that, I think it was Adam Sandler who has a Bulldog named Meatloaf. ;O

Adam's were English Bulldogs... Meatball (RB) he was the bulldog in Little Nicky... and then there is Adam's other one... Matzoball

His website has A Lot of great movies and pictures with the two.
http://www.adamsandler.com/index.php?section=matzomeat

Bigyummydog
05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
maybe you give him a more distinguished name like Karen said......QUINCY, sounds good, but i think JEFFERSON is very distinguished. you know, demands respect. and i kinda like MASTO too.

...and no offense guys, but, MEATBALL :confused:

Kfamr
05-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I knew it was someetthingg close.

I think Meatball is a CUTE name. ;(

bckrazy
05-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I LOVE the name Kong! My best friends black GSD is named Kong :p suuper cute, we call him King Kong. It'd fit an American Bulldog too ^_~

Youre so awesome to take that boy in and find him a great home! I know tons of people love AB's, especially Johnson Bully's!! :D there's the sweetest AB named Bruno that Gonzo plays with at the dog park. They're adoorable dogs, Im sure people will be lining up for him! I can't wait to see pics of the handsome man ;)

Bigyummydog
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

I think Meatball is a CUTE name. ;(

ok...it's cute :)

*LabLoverKEB*
05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I like the name Dozer! It a cute name, and also a tough-dog name! Pics, please!:D

gemini9961
05-20-2005, 07:58 PM
I like Quincy or Jefferson myself.

Suki Wingy
05-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Quincy is a VERY common dog name;)
bckrazy- The owner of the horse I shareboarded has a JRT mix named King Kong, although I don't think they have called him that since he was a puppy (he's around 13 now) His name is Kong.
I still like Kiddo!:D It sounds:cool: fer an am. bulldog

Vette
05-20-2005, 09:36 PM
The only name i liked that you listed was Dozer. :D
but for some reason ive always liked the name Duke for a big dog. :)

aly
05-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I LOVE the name Dozer! We used to have this sweet, LARGE Pit at the shelter named Dozer.

NoahsMommy
05-21-2005, 02:42 AM
I voted for Dozer...but then saw Karen's suggestions...I LOVE Quincy! What a cute name for such a cute, manly looking pup!!

:)

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I like Dozer as well!!:)

LorraineO
05-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Roscoe.... :D

Chica
05-21-2005, 10:34 PM
IF NO ONE CLAIMS HIM, ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP HIM? I BET HE LOVES BEING WITH YOU!!!;) IF YOU KEEP HIM, WHY DON'T YOU NAME HIM ELVIS. THAT IS A UNUSUAL NAME FOR A DOG. I LIKE IT.:D ;) IT SOUNDS PERFECT. ;)

Suki Wingy
05-22-2005, 12:04 AM
She said he is going up for adoption.;)
I like the name Elvis, my friends when I was in first grade had a sweet old doberman named Elvis. Elvis is also a top winning Rottie in the US.

Pit Chick
05-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, I have to report that we found the owner. They posted a sign at the kennel the group boards dogs that don't have foster homes. The dog is apparently 9 years old, is mostly inside but the neighbors were redoing their fence and he must have got out or dug out there. I took him to the Pit Bull rescue to do a evaluation on him she called the owner to get a description to make sure it was their dog. It was, so I left him with her so she could explain the importance of neutering.

LoudLou
05-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
Well, I have to report that we found the owner. ....

Glad you found the owner! What was the dog's name?

Pit Chick
05-23-2005, 12:45 PM
I didn't talk to the guy so I don't know. The wife was considerate enough to ask what costs were incurred for the entire week he was being fostered. I'll have to find out what his real name was later, but thanks for all of the great suggestions everyone, I'll hold on to them in case I ever find a mammoth dog again.

LKPike
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I like english bulldogs better :p but anyway, we always gave our bullies italian/girlie names - Bella, Mia, Rosie, Sophie, etc :)