PDA

View Full Version : We're starting agility tomorrow!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Tomorrow Daisy and I start our beginner agility classes. I'm very excited, but a little nervous at the same time.

Kind of a pointless post, but I just thought I'd share. Here is the agility site in case anyone is interested -- www.jumpcityagility.com

I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow! :)

Shelteez2
05-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Fun!!!! Good luck!! :D

gkristian
05-16-2005, 12:21 AM
i was nervous the first time aswell and i didn't know what to expect. i hope you have a great time and i'm sure you'll love it

LuvGold00
05-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Good Luck!
I'm sure Daisy will LOVE it!

sandragonfly
05-16-2005, 04:00 AM
you both, goldens...good luck and have fun!!

can't wait to hear more...I've been thinking about getting my little guy into games for fun but how do you tell he's good for it? loves it? having fun and will understand the game(s)? I'm gonna try someday and look forward to hear your happy notes! I hope. :)

ps; thanks for the link.

Ginger's Mom
05-16-2005, 05:45 AM
I think you are both going to have a great time. Definitely update us and let her know how it goes.

flamepony12
05-16-2005, 09:35 AM
We used to take Muffin there! :) They have nice agility equipment and facilities, too. We're thinking of taking Zeus now. In a different area, of course, but it's really fun! Good luck! ^_^

GoldenRetrLuver
05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys! We're leaving in just a little bit.

Gina's Ark, as far as I know just about any dog can enter in agility classes. Daisy and I won't be competing in trials, we're just in it for fun, for now at least. :p

I'll update about it later tonight!

wolfsoul
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Cool! See if you can sneak some pictures in! I bet you and Daisy will be doing some trials in no time. ;)

bckrazy
05-16-2005, 07:39 PM
That looks like a really nice place!!! :) I'm sure you and Daisy will have tonnes of fun! $65 a month is a LOT though! Ours is only $50 for 7 weeks!

here's our place that we're going to this summer. . . http://www.performancedogsinaction.com

wolfsoul
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
$65 a month is a LOT though! Ours is only $50 for 7 weeks!

That's what I thought too! Their drop-in rate is $18! :eek: Over here it's only $2 lol.

Crikit
05-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
you both, goldens...good luck and have fun!!

can't wait to hear more...I've been thinking about getting my little guy into games for fun but how do you tell he's good for it? loves it? having fun and will understand the game(s)? I'm gonna try someday and look forward to hear your happy notes! I hope. :)

ps; thanks for the link.

Almost any dog can do agility, of course it is better if the dog is in good health and such, and not to young. You want to wait until the dog is 18 months old befoer they jump full height and obastacles like the weave poles should not be done at an early age either. As for loving it well you'll be able to judge that by yourself, they make that quite evident.

Hope Daisy had fun in class...though I must warn you it's a VERY addictive sport. Once you get hooked it's hard to stop.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
We just got back from class!

In Daisy's class there's a Greyhound, a Brittney Spaniel, a German Shepherd, an Australian Shepherd, a Standard Poodle, a Rough Collie, and a black Lab mix.

I may be a little biased, but she did such a GREAT job and made me proud. :D Just about everyone came up and complimented us on how good of a job we did. They introduced us to the tunnel, jumps, and the weave poles.

I can't wait until the next class! :) We had an awesome time.

Edit: Sorry, no pictures this time.. I had planned to bring the camera, but I guess I forgot. :o Next week!

EssTer
05-17-2005, 07:49 AM
That´s awesome you had great time there :) Hope you will bring your camera next time...it would be fun to see some pics of stunning Daisy doing agilty :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Congrats!! That's so awesome you're starting agility!! I wish we could start Blaze!:(

primabella
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Nuts to you Julie, I wanted pictures.

It sounds like so much fun.. good luck to you guys. :D

cloverfdx
05-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Way to go Julie and Daisy girl :D, i knew you would both do just fine.

I cannot wait to start Agility with Elvis and will be doing Tunnelers and Touch and Go with Clover (No jumping). We should be starting in a few weeks.

I cannot wait to see photos.