View Full Version : It all started at 2...

05-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Yep. 2 am, this Monday morning, technically. In my mind, it's still Sunday night. Well, I was sleeping peacefully in bed, and then after a bit, I woke up. Major was barking. Oh well, I thought.

Probably just someone walking by or something...

So I try to go back to sleep. The barking persists. I go downstairs, turn on the porch light and look out the door. There he sits, looking at me. I see nothing is wrong, so I go back upstairs and grab my crappy ear plugs.

I put them in, and sleep on one ear, putting my hand over the other to keep them in. It works! Woo. I fell back asleep.

That was around 2:30 ish. I guess I must've slept for around a half an hour, for at 3, I feel a tapping on my shoulder, my dad.

Great, I think. He asks me if I know why Major's barking, and I reply with my honest answer, "More than likely coyotes or dogs that are barking far away". I ask my dad if he'd like me to bring Major in the kitchen for awhile. He slightly agrees, telling me I can rest on the couch on the main floor. It's silent. He walks off to bed, saying "Maybe he quit now".

So I lie on the couch and try to fall asleep. Not working, I'm awake. Ok...I think. Then I hear a bark. And a few more. And then more.

So I get up, and bring Major inside. I give him some food, treats, water. We play with some toys (quietly as possible). I check him for ticks. (Thankfully I didn't find any. We haven't put his repellent on yet since we are going to bathe him first)

I open up something from the gift swap and give him something to chew on.

So, after 45 minutes of that, he goes back outside with food scattered around to find, and a pork ear twisty thing.

I go back on the couch. Are you thinking sleep leaves me yet again? HA! It didn't even come to me.

So I try and try to fall asleep. Nothing works. I turn on the computer, and that is where I am now. 3:52. Yay.

05-09-2005, 07:20 AM
I hate when that happens! :mad: I've been there and done that many times. Hope you are sleeping now! ;)

05-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Depends on what time you posted...I stayed up until 5:30 on the computer. :o I would have stayed longer, but I knew my parents would be getting up soon and didn't want to get in trouble lol...So I just kinda rest on the couch but had to wake up for school pretty quick. :p

05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Yeah Yeah, I been there many times too with 6 dogs lol! I Just hope you finally got to sleep lol