PDA

View Full Version : Beau has a hairball

Felicia's Mom
05-02-2005, 05:25 PM
He has been trying to get it up all day. I can't take him to the vet because I am having surgery tomorrow and won't be home for a while.

RedHedd
05-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Give him some Petromalt (or whatever petroleum based, malt-flavored or other flavored) hairball remedy you have available. That should help him pass it. Poor baby and good luck to you on your surgery!

kittycats_delight
05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Best wishes on your sugery tomorrow you will be in our thoughts and we will be sending good vibes your way. And good luck with that hairball beau. I find the hairball remedy works wonders on my girls.

momcat
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Poor Beau! Our wonderful vet told me that if you don't have any hairball treatment handy, use vaseline. Put about a quarter teaspoon on his upper lip. As he licks it off, it will get his plumbing moving right along. I tried it on Groucho and it worked. Doctor said hairball treatments are basically flavored vaseline. She told me to put some on Groucho twice a day. So sorry to hear about your surgery, my thoughts and prayers are with you!

catmandu
05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
The Found Cats,are praying,for you surgery,to go well,and that Petro Malt,does work,well,as does the Nutro Hair Ball Cat Food,which the Found Cats ,love a lot more,than the Petro Malt!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos747.jpg

jenluckenbach
05-03-2005, 05:12 AM
If you can't get to a store for hairball remedy, give him good old vaseline (pure white petroleum jelly). If he won't lick it, stick it right up on the roof of his mouth.

Good luck with YOUR surgery.

slick
05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
give him good old vaseline (pure white petroleum jelly). If he won't lick it, stick it right up on the roof of his mouth.
That's what I do and it works like a charm.

Thinking of you today Nancy and sending postive healing thoughts your way. Please check in when you can.