PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever pamper yourself?

CalliesMom
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Well the hubby is away tonight working on a project, so I decided to pamper myself. Got out the facial mask, foot scrub, body scrub, great smelling shampoo and went to town. It was wonderful and I really needed it with the stress from finishing up school, moving, looking for a new house...

Do you ever spoil yourself?

Kfamr
04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Rarely to never.
I always buy stuff for my dogs or other people, I don't like spending money on myself.

Suki Wingy
04-26-2005, 09:08 PM
NEVER, ok, I bought myself a saddle a few months ago, but I usually spend all my money on NiƱo and Oslo, too.;) As far as scub, facial mask, EW, never.
edit: oh! my saddle is a black and grey all purpose english, used off ebay with a free girth, leathers and irons for $100! I love ebay!

catnapper
04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
LOL.. Right now I consider it spoiling myself to get out a new razor and shave my legs! :D

CalliesMom
04-26-2005, 09:12 PM
LOL CatNapper! That's about as far as the spoiling goes for me too usually. I think I've had the same razor for months. :eek:

carole
04-26-2005, 09:16 PM
No I don't pamper myself very much, I have never had a spa treatment in my life, my nails done, rarely my hair,or a facial, but I do like to buy make-up for myself and consider that a treat in a way.

Occasionally I go for a spa,(hot tub) to help my aching muscles, and that is a definite spoil, one I could do with on a more regular basis.:)

IRescue452
04-26-2005, 09:40 PM
If you count that candy bar I just ate, sure I do, but I'd rather spoil my furkids.

Laura's Babies
04-26-2005, 09:43 PM
I took a LONG HOT soak in some good smelling stuff in that garden tub I have... Now, THAT is pampering!!

Catnapper, but I used my old razor to shave my legs..... I don't like new ones, they're to sharp for me!

Sirrahsim
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Hubby is sending off to get a manicure/pedicure on Friday :):):):) Other than that I usually get in a hot (well, warm while pregnant) bath at least once or twice a week.

It sure will be nice when I can reach to shave my legs again:D :D

Logan
04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
Hubby is sending off to get a manicure/pedicure on Friday :):):):) Other than that I usually get in a hot (well, warm while pregnant) bath at least once or twice a week.

It sure will be nice when I can reach to shave my legs again:D :D

But time will be at a premium when the baby comes, Missy, and you'll be hacking away, quickly, while the baby cries for you! LOL!!!!! It's all worth it, I promise!!!! :)

As for the pampering. I don't do it like I should. What you did, CalliesMom, was special, and it didn't cost you anything extra, did it? Good for you! Maybe you've inspired me to do something like that myself sometime soon. I have all the "stuff", but I don't take the time to do it.

slick
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Never, ever!! I do have my reasons, but don't ask why.

slleipnir
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't usually buy stuff for myself either, unless I need it.

buckner
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I love to pamper myself. However, I consider shopping for goodies for that stuff pampering within itself! I love to get a hot bubble bath, get out the hand/foot scrub, facial goodies, etc. It's so nice. But I wish I had a bigger and cleaner bath tub. No matter what I do, it never seems "clean" enough. But to relax, it's worth it. I LOVE to take my goodies with me on vacations so I can use their big whirlpool bath tubs to soak in, mmm.

CalliesMom
04-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Logan
As for the pampering. I don't do it like I should. What you did, CalliesMom, was special, and it didn't cost you anything extra, did it? Good for you! Maybe you've inspired me to do something like that myself sometime soon. I have all the "stuff", but I don't take the time to do it.

The only thing I went and bought today was the facial mask. All the other stuff I always having lying around from Christmas/birthday presents. It was just something I rarely do but it felt so great. I think I'll start doing it more often! :D

sirrahbed
04-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Great ideas CalliesMom!! I think everyone needs some "self" time now and then and pampering is different for everyone. My BIG pamper is a real massage!! I get them maybe twice a year with birthday or Christmas money from my dad. OMEGOSH - an entire hour of having my muscles massaged with lavender/peppermint oil!! One time I went in with a migraine and came out pain free!!

But, I also like to have home sessions now and then. I put on a Norah Jones CD, light candles, maybe have a hot shower and put on my Bath & Body goodies, and read a book, sipping some hot tea. AHHH!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2005, 07:26 AM
I love flowers, so sometimes, I cannot resist the flower bouquets in our Aldi :o :D . They are my almost weekly treat ;) ;)

sirrahbed
04-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
I love flowers, so sometimes, I cannot resist the flower bouquets in our Aldi :o :D . They are my almost weekly treat ;) ;)

oh YES!!! Sometimes I can't resist one of the small bouguets at the grocery!! Something is so special about having fresh flowers on the table!!

Soon, I will be able to go outside and bring in my own. I DO have some fresh lilacs in the kitchen - a gift from my Misha!:D

finn's mom
04-27-2005, 09:23 AM
I always look after #1, so, I pamper myself as much as I need. :) I'm not going to be a bit of good to anyone in my life if I don't take care of myself. A cranky Kari is not a good one. Sometimes a hot bath is all I need. Or light some candles, sit outside on a nice night, with a glass of wine....that's being spoiled. I'm not high maintenance, I don't need my nails done or anything like that. I can't remember the last time I did that, probably a wedding I was in a few years ago. I was getting my hair done a lot when I was working at the salon in Dallas, but, that was just a perk of the job! :) I think this is a great thread, maybe it will remind everyone to do for themselves once in awhile. And, it will give others ideas, too! :)

PJ's Mom
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I feel guilty if I pamper myself. I have a hubby, 4 kids and a houseful of pets. I only pamper them. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
I feel guilty if I pamper myself. I have a hubby, 4 kids and a houseful of pets. I only pamper them. :p

Well, since you are such a great mom, you DO reserve some pampering too !!

moosmom
04-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Not really. :( I either don't have the time or the money. Hopefully once I go full-time I'll be able to slow down a little.

GraciesMommy
04-27-2005, 01:25 PM
I pretty much have put Brad and myself first since we got married almost 6 years ago..it was all about the kids up until then and they are grown and on their own. So now it is the Pamela and Bradley Show and we do what we want/when we want. And I don't even consider it pampering really..it is just a way of life any more. I feel like Finn's mom....take care of #1 or you are no good to no one else. And the better I feel about me, the happier I am and then Brad is even happier..lol

finn's mom
04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
And the better I feel about me, the happier I am and then Brad is even happier..lol

bingo! i know growing up i was much happier when my mother was happy. and, i hope when i have kids that i don't forget to take care of me. i just think that's important. even if it's just watching a favorite movie and eating popcorn. heck, even just watching oprah can be pampering sometimes! :)

wolfsoul
04-27-2005, 02:19 PM
I barely even shave my legs LOL. I HATE spending money. I only buy nessecities. I think it's because I know that I'm getting my pup next year, and after that I'll have no money because I won't stop buying him things. :rolleyes: Therefore I will save my money while it lasts!

Personally I don't feel I need to pamper myself. There are two times in my life that call for that -- my grad, and my wedding! That's about it! And my grad is coming up... ;)

shais_mom
04-28-2005, 12:28 AM
I am with Carole and I like to buy makeup or good smellies and consider that pampering. **RETAIL THERAPY**
BUT I also like to take a hot bath with bubbles and a candle on occasion.
I love to smooth on yummy smelling lotions.
Just Monday I had a coupon for an aqua massage. It isn't as great as one by someone but it will do for 20 minutes.
And have been regularly treating myself to pedicures since about November, and my feet thank me. I am getting on next Friday and am past due.
:)

binka_nugget
04-28-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm way too lazy to go through the trouble of face masks, foot scrubs and that kind of stuff. I consider pampering sleeping in until noon. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-28-2005, 05:03 AM
I am a pamper queen!! Sunday nights are mine! Can't start my week without it! I lock myself in our HUGE bathroom and give myself a pedicure and manicure, facial, exfoliate and mud mask for my body, hair mask, and do my eyebrows! And once a month, my girlfriends and I go to a spa in town for massages, sauna, and facials!

RobiLee
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
No, I rarely pamper myself. I really need to though.

RobiLee
04-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
And have been regularly treating myself to pedicures since about November, and my feet thank me. I am getting on next Friday and am past due.

Oh, I would love to have regular pedicures! I have terrible looking feet and they need some major help :o

NoahsMommy
04-28-2005, 05:43 PM
They don't call me "princess" for nothing!! ;)

*Regular pedicures and manicures every other week
*Hair appointments about every two months
*Tanning
*Makeup/clothing purchases monthly
*Bubble baths at least three times a week
*Face mask is twice a week
*Spa days at least once a year

Vio&Juni
05-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Of course I pamper myself - I deserve it. I believe my health and well being depends a lot of me taking care of myself.

I take regularly baths with salts - it can be just as long as a shower. I buy flowers often (I live just by the flower market). Sometimes, if I don't have the money, then I just admire them :)
I use homemade masks (if I have an egg, a spoon of honey and a lemon), if I don't have one from the shop. I like to buy beautiful things. I regularly buy a home decorations magazine. I do so many small things that make me happy. And this actually inspires to make them for my loved ones too.

I do not feel guilty to anyone if I pamper myself, I am only nicer to them if I feel good. And sometimes, it doesn't take that much money and effort.

shais_mom
05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Oh, I would love to have regular pedicures! I have terrible looking feet and they need some major help :o

Do you have any USA nail salons or Vietnemese owned nail salons near you? Or your hair salon?
It is worth calling around, I am a BELIEVER noe!!!I get mine done regularly at USA nail salons for about $26. And I had it done at the place where I get my hair done for $25. The drive to Findlay and the extra buck is worth going to USA nails tho. They have pedi chairs that are massaging with a spa that your feet soak in. They massage all the way up to my knees. I liked the one that I got at my hair salon of course but the one at the USA nails is much better.

joycenalex
05-02-2005, 09:19 PM
i have turned into the consignment shop queen. i love clothing, and if i can get something at a great price, all the better. i have some 'regular' weekly stops, just to check and restock my closet. and next week is the first pedicure of the summer season...hmmm....:D :cool:

Oggyflute
05-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I pamper myself.
I grab 1/2 a kilo of prawns, some fish oil, 1/2 a loaf of bread, a few fishing rods, and head for the Hawkesbury River to spend the day fishing:D

That's how I pamper myself, nothing's better.:D

CathyBogart
05-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Mmmm, I love to pamper myself every few weeks...a long bath with some baking soda and a few drops of essential oil or a scented candle...

I get my hair cut at a salon that is more expensive than most, but it's worth it! I get a scalp massage while they're shampooing my hairm and tons of good advice, it's always wonderful.

I'm also pretty good at "Home spa" stuff...I know some great recipes for masks, steams, scrubs, etc.

My favorite way to pamper myself though....is with food! I have a very weak spot for soft cheeses. Brie especially. *Drool*