PDA

View Full Version : It Wasn't Punkin In The Trap!

K & L
04-14-2005, 10:00 PM
In our continuing efforts to trap Punkin, look what we got in the process. This was one NASTY dude! He was in such a mess. We had him neutered, tested, shots, and shaved (he was full of mats)! He had battle wounds all over him, and one big nasty bite on his front paw. He was hissing, lunging and swating and us and the vets! Good thing is he tested negative, but since we've released him we haven't seen him again. We're calling him Cosmo and sure hope he returns for food and water.

Before

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/pfbde26572f16db0f4ad034c8c853d809/f4772b25.jpg

After (if you look real close you can see the bite on his paw)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid164/p186552a3d3b26aa4618d8967227fede3/f4772651.jpg

kimlovescats
04-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Nasty maybe, but GORGEOUS!!!! So glad he has been all "fixed up" now!!!:D

catcrazylady
04-14-2005, 10:35 PM
He is a handsome fellow but in that second picture you can tell he would like to take you apart! :eek:
Poor fellow! I'm sure once he calms down from this adventure he will come back for food and water.
You guys are so wonderful!!! Do you have any idea how many kitties you have helped over the years?

Laura's Babies
04-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Awww! He is so HANDSOME!! BUT, all the other kitties are going to laugh at his trim job!:(

(Can't you hear that conversation?)
"Hay Cosmo Dude, What the Heck happened to ya dude?"

Cosmo, "Grrrrr, get away and QUIT laughing!

other stray "AW MAN! Your "nuggets" are gone too... DUDE! WHAT HAPPENED??????"

Calls out to his buddies "HAY GUYS, COME CHECK THIS OUT! Cosmo got shaved and they cut so close they cut out his nuggets too!!!" as he rolls on the ground with laughter.....

Cosmo strolls away embarrassed mumbeling "Just wait, they will get you too one day!"

He is far better off and I am sure he will apperciate it all ..... one day, just not today...

Catsnclay
04-15-2005, 01:05 AM
Ha, ha, so how many more eat in your backyard that you are unaware of?? :rolleyes: :p

Are you sure there isn't a sign somewhere on your property that says: Free food, and good homes for all cats interested!!

Keep up the good work, you both are doing a great job!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-15-2005, 02:19 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gif Ha ha ha, Laura, I cannot stop laughing!! http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gif

Poor Cosmo, don't worry!!
Thanks for "clipping his nuggets" too, he won't be able to "create" more kitties now!

jenluckenbach
04-15-2005, 05:19 AM
Poor scared baby. :(

I am glad he is all fixed up now.

catnapper
04-15-2005, 07:42 AM
I feel for him. He is such a handsome cat, but life has been rough for him, and now he's all hiss and swat. :( You are such a great soul for doing this for them.

Good luck trying to get Punkin!

NKBurlington
04-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Poor little guy!

Randi
04-15-2005, 08:38 AM
No wonder he was in a mood, with wounds and all. Hopefully, he'll calm down and appreciate what you've done for him - I bet he will!

I admire you both for doing such a great job, keep it up! :)

K & L
04-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Cosmo showed up this morning! Still looking - not very happy with us - but improved! We're positive he didn't belong to anyone as feral as he was, and in the condition he was. Hopefully with all mats removed, antibiotic shot, fixed, tested, and other shots, he will continue to improve. He's welcome in our yard at all times! He's older so I don't see a lot of hope in taming him, especially as "nasty" as he acted, but we'll care for him nonetheless!

moosmom
04-15-2005, 09:29 AM
K&L,

Thanks for taking care of him. At least he's now safe in that he's vaccinated and neutered. Did you notice that he's polydactyl?? Look at those toes!!

Great job, as usual!! Have a happy life, Cosmo!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
He is a handsome fellow but in that second picture you can tell he would like to take you apart! :eek:

Exactly what I was thinking!!!:eek: :eek:

I'm so glad he showed up again. At least he still trusts you enough to keep coming around for food, and now that those nuggets and all those nasty hormones that go along with them are gone.....maybe he'll mellow a bit....who knows......;)

Now, COME ON PUNKIN!!!!

K & L
04-15-2005, 10:32 AM
He tried taking us out and the vets office! He's probably been one of the most feral cats we've dealt with (as far as very aggressive). I didn't notice he was polydactl so thanks for pointing that out. We'll take care of him as long as he lets us!:)

catmandu
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
AT LEAST,NOW,A CHINK,IN THE CAHIN,OF UNWANTED KITTENS,HAS BEEN BROKEN,AND COSMO,IS INNOCULATED,AGAINST THE DISEASE,THAT AS A STRAY,THAT HE IS SO VULNERABLE TO.AND THAT IS FEAR,THAT IS AMKING,THAT POOR CAT,STRIKE OUT,AS COSMO,HAS NO REASON,TO LIKE PEOPLE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1116.jpg