PDA

View Full Version : Oh Emma, I love you too!

gini
04-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I must be in a story telling mood this morning.........because I wanted to share the giant strides I have made with Emma.

For those of you who don't know my family - Rascal is a large orange tabby and the main man in my life:D

About a year and a half ago my neighbor more or less dumped two stray kittens in my lap. They were going into heat, so I took them in and the rest is history.

Annie and Emma are also orange tabbys. Annie has always been very outgoing and hasn't stopped purring from day one. She is very independent - but loving and full of the devil.

Emma on the other hand has been afraid of everything - me - doors - people's feet..........heaven only knows what happened to her in her early months.

However about a month ago, something wonderful happened.

Emma was on the bed when I went to sleep. Rascal and Annie were in the living room. Emma usually would stay up near the headboard not even within arms reach for me.

However, after I had turned off the light.........I felt this kitty.........move around me..........and then plunk herself at my stomach just as tight as she could get. I was afraid to move - Emma???? Is that you? I gently reached out and petted her.

This has been my nightly ritual ever since. She will only do this if Rascal and Annie are in the other room. If they are on the bed too - she immediately goes back to her regular spot.

Dear little Emma - it has been a long way from "there" to "here"
and I do love you too!

catmandu
04-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Emma,is getting braver,as she is more secure,in your company.Princess,is like,that too,she only gets close,to me,when the Other Cats,are not around.And,in the Found Cat Hotel,that takes a bit,of planning!Good Luck,with Emma!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos901.jpg

elminster20
04-05-2005, 11:09 AM
It's great when they finally trust isn't it?! Congrats, and enjoy!

Barbara
04-05-2005, 11:13 AM
What a sweet sweet story:) Nothing better than a kitty showing you her love:) :) :)

Killearn Kitties
04-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh how wonderful! :) I'll bet you don't move even if you are really uncomfortable.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Awww...that's soooo sweet! Congratulations, Emma! :D

I'm waiting for the same thing to happen with CJ.

sirrahbed
04-05-2005, 12:34 PM
That is a sweet story Gini - I also felt that delight when you tell that it was Emma next to you!!

I am hoping to have this one day with my LIzzie or Dylan - both shy when other kitties are there.

catnapper
04-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Awww... that gave me th warm and fuzzies. What a sweet story. I'm so glad she is coming to trust you (finally!)

Logan
04-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Oh Gini, what a heartwarming event!!! I have been through it with Butter, so I completely understand!!!!! :) :) It is a wonderful feeling!

Logan

AmberLee
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Aaaaawwwwww!

shais_mom
04-06-2005, 12:08 AM
aawww how great!
it is so wonderful when they trust you and make such strides

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Gini, what a heartwarming story. I'm also waiting for this to happen with Cirrus and Sky.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-06-2005, 04:45 AM
What a wonderful and sweet story, Gini!!

jenluckenbach
04-06-2005, 05:19 AM
That kind of story does a body good. :) Isn't it just wonderful when you finally break the barrier of fear? OOO, I can't stop smiling.

dukedogsmom
04-06-2005, 07:06 AM
That's so great! Nothing like a kitty plastered to you to make you smile. It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.