PDA

View Full Version : :( sad day

Farruska
10-07-2001, 01:57 PM
Hi all 2 friends...

just wanted to express my feelings over this day...
when will violence stop ???
:confused:

Stop the war!
peace,..

crow_noir
10-07-2001, 03:07 PM
Thank you for your condolences.

i really hope the hatered is over soon.

Daisy's Mom
10-07-2001, 03:24 PM
I do too :(

Logan
10-07-2001, 05:24 PM
It is frightening, isn't it? But, our government and the British government are doing what they believe is correct. As a citizen of the US, I am fully supporting our President, but still hope that only the ones they are targeted are affected by this. Wishful thinking, huh?

Everyone hang on and say a prayer for our military personnel, our President and the people who support him, plus the leaders of the other countries who are working with us on this.

carrie
10-07-2001, 06:37 PM
I'm with you, Charles.
It is a difficult time, it will get worse and we should prepare ourselves to see casualties.
All means of negotiating with terrorists are pointless because you then send them the message, along with all "would be's", that killing innocents will get you what you want.
It is a terrible thing we have to face, but there is no other way. We are blessed with leaders that have taken time to think, to understand the feelings of the rest of the World and to send in special forces to make sure targets are properly marked.
The British have learned the price of negotiating with terrorists and the awful price of unilateral resistance to them.
It is certain that more people will die, that more will be scarred for ever, that we will have our own tragedies to deal with.
It is a sickening thought that we have to accept these things, but, we do.
There is no other way to deal with people prepared to kill nearly seven thousand innocent people - seven thousand people!
I am not prepared to let my children live in a world that allows that.
I am not prepared to let my children inherit a world that allows women to be beaten in the streets because they show their faces accidently.
A world where a great and essentially tolerant religion is used, wrongly and horribly, as a cover for evil that has nothing to do with the teachings of that religion.
A world where women are not allowed any education at all.
A world where the majority view is not seen as the law of the land.
A world that allows public execution for minor crimes is not a world that my children are going to inherit.
That is Afghanistan. We have closed our eyes, turned our backs and allowed these things to happen.
The people that sanction and order these rules have no place in the planet that my children will inherit.
My children do not deserve to become adults in a world that fears attacks that kill seven thousand people at a time.
This is a frightening time, it is a delicate time, it is an horrifying time and it is a fragile world. We need to do this because it may the last chance we have to allow decent people of all religions to exist on the same planet in peace.
We have to do this, not because we want to or relish the challenge - many on this board will tell you how much they fear for their sons, brothers, daughters, sisters, husbands and wives - but because there is no alternative.
From the first moment Britain saw this, not as an American problem, but as a worldwide problem because that is exactly what it is. We have dealt with our own problems concerning terrorism in many ways, none have eliminated the threat. None have eliminated the reality which is continued on a daily basis.

To all of you, please take care over the next few days, look at everything, take note of everything - see who is around you and what they are doing. More than anything feel proud that, as bad as the world seems to be sometimes, we still have the will and the strength to change. That is not something to be overlooked or forgotten or underestimated.

delidog
10-07-2001, 08:40 PM
spencer the lion............ you are always so accurate...such a great diplomat in hiding,....behind a fur coat....you have the best info, and follow up....we thank you for this!!! i just had to give the kitty a pet before necessary....meow!!!!! ;) :) ;) :D :D

cr7clark
10-09-2001, 07:00 AM
Way to go, Carrie and Spencer!!
Both of you expressed my sentiments and the sentiments of a lot of other people as well, I am sure.
Thank you both.

purrley
10-09-2001, 07:27 AM
Now we have this Anthrax problem to deal with. Now this is really, really, scarey. :(

ramanth
10-09-2001, 09:06 AM
Wowee Spencer and Carrie. I could not of said it better myself.

Originally posted by purrley:
<STRONG>Now we have this Anthrax problem to deal with. Now this is really, really, scarey. :(</STRONG>

I found out yesterday that I live a mere 10 miles from the Nations largest manufactuer of Anthrax. :( Just peachy... :rolleyes:

~Kimmy

Corinna
10-09-2001, 10:23 AM
I agree with Carrie and spencer, but thee best way to stop some of the terrior is when we do get a hold of bin laden is to make him beg for his life . That will cause doubt of his "religious" beleifs , and distrust for his fallowers for the dying for their God. We have to blast a video tape of that all over the world and just bomb barde it over every air waves.
All of our technilogy does make this world one small plaace, but it does draw us closer to being one family.

purrley
10-09-2001, 10:30 AM
Kim - that's not very comforting. Hope they got it locked down tight.

AdoreMyDogs
10-09-2001, 11:00 AM
They have a huge amount of added security to the anthrax plant near Lansing, MI. I live less then 2 hours away from it. I do know that the security on and around the anthrax plant is extremely hightened...unfortunately that gives me little comfort. I may have to be moving soon because I don't want to be in the state that holds the largest anthrax plant :( As if I didn't have enough to worry about as it is!

The first Mon. night football game was held here in MI, in fact, it was in the Pontiac Silverdome which is about 2 miles away from me. They said on the news that they have a no-fly zone above the Silverdome but when I took Graham out for his night time walkies, I heard a few planes flying above...but what scares me the most is that they were NOT military planes! They were those little puddle jumpers :( There was also constant sirins coming from police cars, and firetrucks coming from the direction of the Pontiac Silverdome. Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night, and woke a few times with anthrax nightmares.

Dixieland Dancer
10-09-2001, 12:26 PM
An email I got had a good solution for Bin Laden. Capture him in quiet and take him to a undisclosed hospital and perform a sex change operation on him. Then send him back to the Taliban to deal with as a women!! :D

As for the Anthrax plant in Lansing MI.... I was unaware that we were manufacturing Anthrax in the United States. I thought they were just working on a serum as an antidote to the disease???? :confused:

Farruska
10-09-2001, 01:04 PM
LOL :D

I wonder who :)

ramanth
10-09-2001, 02:47 PM
An email I got had a good solution for Bin Laden. Capture him in quiet and take him to a undisclosed hospital and perform a sex change operation on him. Then send him back to the Taliban to deal with as a women!!

*cackles* I got that email too and I whole heartedly agree.

As for the Anthrax plant in Lansing MI.... I was unaware that we were manufacturing Anthrax in the United States. I thought they were just working on a serum as an antidote to the disease????

It's in East Lansing. Near MSU. It was my boyfriend who goes to school there that told me. We currently live in Okemos but a bunker out in the middle of Arizona is sounding mighty comforting about now.

I hope they have it locked down tight and my only concern is that it makes us a target. :(

They make it as well as the antidote.

AdoreMyDogs...I hope you are able to rest better soon. It is scary thinking about this being made in our state....

~Kimmy

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Kim S. ]

ramanth
10-09-2001, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs:
<STRONG>
The first Mon. night football game was held here in MI, in fact, it was in the Pontiac Silverdome which is about 2 miles away from me. They said on the news that they have a no-fly zone above the Silverdome but when I took Graham out for his night time walkies, I heard a few planes flying above...but what scares me the most is that they were NOT military planes! They were those little puddle jumpers :( There was also constant sirins coming from police cars, and firetrucks coming from the direction of the Pontiac Silverdome. Needless to say, I did not sleep well last night, and woke a few times with anthrax nightmares.</STRONG>

Security was decent at the MSU vs UofM hockey game that was held in Spartan Stadium this past Saturday. The only thing I caught was a cold. Should of bundled up more. :(

~Kimmy

cr7clark
10-09-2001, 03:39 PM
Folks, can I say a few words about anthrax and weapons of mass destruction.....
I work at a military installation that does anti chemical warfare research. I'm privileged to have access to good reference materials and information regarding chemical and biological weapons. I work with some of this stuff on a regular basis, and I can tell you that driving a car on I-95 is more dangerous than being in a laboratory full of anthrax or VX or anything else. I fully believe that anyone who lives next to an anthrax plant, or a chemical weapons arsenal is in no more imminent danger than someone working in the Pentagon or New York would be. I know, because those persons who work with and around these agents are trained, careful and knowledgeable.
For those persons wishing to obtain more information regarding chemical and biological weapons, a real good place to start should be http://www.nbc-med.org/BioAgents.html. The first bioagent you'll find on this page is anthrax, please note that without treatment the death rate is 20%, and with treatment fatalities are rare.
I don't wish to minimize the terrorist threat to this country, for it is real. However, we can't and shouldn't be afraid of legitimate labs and businesses that work with chemical and biological agents.
I hope this makes you all feel better. I'll be glad to answer anyone's questions about weapons of mass destruction.

AmberLee
10-09-2001, 04:05 PM
Dear Bo's Mom,

Thank you for the info. I appreciate your taking the time to post this.

ramanth
10-09-2001, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BosMom:
<STRONG>I hope this makes you all feel better. I'll be glad to answer anyone's questions about weapons of mass destruction.</STRONG>

Thanks for the info BosMom! Made me feel better. I'm not downright scared because I agree with you. Those people wouldn't be working at the plant if they felt they would risk getting infected. I am always wary though...

Thanks again.

(They currently have an article about Anthrax and what it is at MSN.com. I can see why we have a plant here in East Lansing. Being that MSU is an Agricultural college of sorts and the disease stemming from farm animals.)

~Kimmy

cr7clark
10-10-2001, 06:13 AM
Kim S and Amberlee,
You all are quite welcome. What's mentionable is usually manageable. :)

AdoreMyDogs
10-10-2001, 06:18 AM
Thank you, Bosmom! Yes that does help me. I have been having an unusually hard time with handeling my fear and all the good info I can get makes me more and more OK with the whole situation. From this point on, I have decided not to watch the news if it scares me. I decided to do something about my fear, instead of let it poison my body, when Graham started to have diahreah and there's absolutely nothing wrong with him according to the vet :( I knew that dogs absorb human emotions, that's why dogs always seem to be so similar to their owners in a way, but my fear and anxiety was making Graham sick and depressed. I went to my herbologist and bought a bunch of herbs to counteract the negetaive emotions...and with that and positive afformations, Graham and me both should be feeling better. I also bought an essential oil that can be used on me and Graham for calming of the nerves.

I am going to see if I can take him to a holistic vet today or later this week to help him with all the negative crap that he's absorbing into his body from my extreme fear and anxiety. It is so obvious to myself, my husband, my mom and my vet that Graham is only having diahreah and acting depressed because of my unhealthy emotions :( Poor dog.

karen israel
10-10-2001, 09:29 AM
Like the photos of 4 yr old kids with wooden or real guns at rallies. Scary stuff. Their philosophy is to be born to die for the cause. They don't know any difference. I love the way binLaden is calling US terrorists!!! I pray al the time these brave, American heroes come back safely!

AdoreMyDogs
10-10-2001, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion:
<STRONG>[i]from CNN: Wolf Blitzer Reports

...he thinks he's God :rolleyes:</STRONG>

If bin laden was God, I would hate to meet the devil!!! :eek: :eek:

Dixieland Dancer
10-11-2001, 10:23 AM
Really Scarey Stuff! This guy really hates Americans! :mad:

karen israel
10-11-2001, 12:37 PM
Yikes! :eek: DLD..I was going to say the EXACT same thing! Fanatical too! :mad:

NoahsMommy
10-12-2001, 03:27 PM
I just wanted to comment on our President's actions... I really am impressed by who he is and what he is doing...

I was listening to the radio at lunch and they said we are ceasing fire today because it is a big day of prayer for Muslims. Last night they said/he said, that he wanted all children to send $1.00 to the children of Afghanistan. It is so heartwarming that in spite of the sick/evil/immoral behavior we have been subjected to doesn't effect who we really all are.

I am so very proud to live in this country, and so proud to have a God that is loving, yet vengeful. Despite what we humans do to this misguided, evil person, God has plans for him as well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: NoahsMommy ]

jackiesdaisy1935
10-13-2001, 05:25 PM
Noah's mommy, I agree with you, I believe he is doing a good job, with compassion. He has gathered allies from around the world to help keep this world free from these monsters. It is a heavy burden that he carries.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
10-13-2001, 07:21 PM
I agree too. Although I don't always agree with everything he does, I do beleive he is doing the right thing now, and I think that it is beautiful that we are dropping food for the people of Afghanistan. I saw on the news people scrambling around to gather up the little yellow packages, and kids devouring handfuls of peanut butter. But I also heard that the Taliban are burning our food packages and saying that we can't buy them over. How sick is that?

Eudora
10-13-2001, 11:22 PM
the Taliban are being childish and selfish in that respect. The people are hungry, aren't they? And anyway, who died and made him the boss? And i got that e-mail about turning bin Laden into a woman!! *evil cackle* I fully agree!! Let him live the life of his people and see how he likes it....