PDA

View Full Version : info on meeting for southerners

lute
03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
petslover and i have have a plan! let me know if you can make it to this meeting!

we will be meeting at a dog park(Maggie's Bark Park)in Franklin,TN.(right outside of Nashville) some weekend in May.

the park address is:
138 Claude Yates Drive
Franklin,TN

here are some dog friendly hotels:
Baymont Inn -
4207 Franklin Commons Court
615-791-7700

Comfort Inn
2407 Brick Church Pike
877-424-6423

Comfort Inn
1501 Demonbreun Street
877-424-6423

La Quinta Inn Nashville South
4311 Sidco Drive
615-834-6900

Red Roof Inn
4271 Sidco Drive
615-832-0093

you can find all the pet friendly hotels in franklin or nashville at petswelcome.com (http://www.petswelcome.com/)

PLEASE let me know if you can come and what weekend would be best for you.

thanks!
Lexie

shutterbug0303
03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
;) Thanks for the heads up!

I already have a week off from work the 13-20th so both of those weekends are out. I have friends down celebrating graduation so I will be out of town the first weekend picking them up and in town sending them off on their flights the next.

So that leaves the first weekend in May or the last weekend in May for me. (the last being Memorial day weekend of course)

As long as it is a WEEKEND thing, I should be able to scoot over there?!?!? That way I don't miss any more work :D

I'll do more travel figuring (lol...I don't think thats a word) and see what I can manage :D Keep me posted...and lets generate more interest!! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
03-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Oh, I'd love to be there, but I can't. I have too much going on around that time~ 2 out of state weddings, and my husband is in both of them.

dukedogsmom
03-29-2005, 07:32 AM
You tell me the dates and I'll see what I can do. With my schedule, I have every other weekend off. So instead of trying to go through the months to pick a weekend, everyone else pick a couple of weekends and I'll see what I can do. I'll probably still need to apply for a few days off and I'm changing shifts the third week in April so I'd need my different supervisor to approve those days off. Might be better to give more time to get it arranged but I'll see what I can do.

shutterbug0303
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
:eek: :eek: I just checked the milage to the Nashville area from MB...616 miles!!! one way!!! wow!! that is quite a trip

I didn't realize that Nashville was in the middle of TN...I was thinking of Knoxville...duh!!! Anywho...that is going to put a lot of miles on my car in one month...:o

Please keep me updated on which weekend it will be. That is also going to make a heck of a weekend trip!! But I should be able to pull it off ;)

Lexie - I def. would bring the baby! ;) :D

delidog
03-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Please Let Me know what weekends you choose....
Tenn. is Do-able!!

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I'll keep watching too...Nashville is about 7 hours from us, but only abut 4 from my brother in Cincinnati...might be able to work something out!

delidog
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah,Amy!!!
This is Hopeful!!:) :D

Cincy'sMom
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Mapquest puts Franklin 5 hours from Cincy...a little further then I remember, but not neccesarily out of the question.

Now, to start convincing my brother the dogs need to come visit him....

lute
04-01-2005, 08:25 AM
it will either be the first or the last weekend. i think the last weekend is laborday weekend. which weekend would be best for everyone?

Kfamr
04-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by delidog

Tenn. is Do-able!!

But Florida isn't? :confused:

lute
04-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
But Florida isn't? :confused:
FL is too far for a lot of us. TN is more of the center of the south.

Kfamr
04-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by lute
FL is too far for a lot of us. TN is more of the center of the south.

I wasn't talking about the rest of you. I was talking about specifically deli-dog. She's never bothered to come to one of my meetings 3 hours away, but something 12 hours away is "do-able". It's just sort of confusing and upsetting I guess.

*edit* I just wanted to add that I'm sorry but it's just sort of like a slap in the face after trying to meet up with her many times yet not getting much reply or help meeting up in return.

I have many people who have come and took time out of their day to meet up with myself, and Valerie, whom often comes over my house. But, it just seems like she never wants to meet up with us when we're less than 3 hours away.
Maybe I shouldn'y have said anything but it's been upsetting me for a while.

lute
04-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I wasn't talking about the rest of you. I was talking about specifically deli-dog. She's never bothered to come to one of my meetings 3 hours away, but something 12 hours away is "do-able". It's just sort of confusing and upsetting I guess.

*edit* I just wanted to add that I'm sorry but it's just sort of like a slap in the face after trying to meet up with her many times yet not getting much reply or help meeting up in return.

I have many people who have come and took time out of their day to meet up with myself, and Valerie, whom often comes over my house. But, it just seems like she never wants to meet up with us when we're less than 3 hours away.
Maybe I shouldn'y have said anything but it's been upsetting me for a while.

maybe you shouldn't have said anything. i'm sure deli-dog has a reason why she could never go to those meetings. i'm sure it's nothing personal.

could you make it to the TN meeting Kfmar? we'd love for you to come.

Kfamr
04-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lute
maybe you shouldn't have said anything. i'm sure deli-dog has a reason why she could never go to those meetings. i'm sure it's nothing personal.

could you make it to the TN meeting Kfmar? we'd love for you to come.

I said someting because it's upset me many times, and then I come in here and see that some place 12 hours away from where she live is "do-able".

It may be nothing personal but it has upset me, especially considering i've offered to give her the role in organizing a meeting over her way, so it wasn't far for her to drive but far for everyone else. She maybe talked aobut ti for a few days then nothing happened.

It's upsetting to see someone say they're going to do something and then not follow through with it, over and over again.

As far as making it to the TN meeting, I highly doubt my parents want to make another long trip so close to our Ohio trip. Maybe somewhere closer like GA, but certainly not TN.

lute
04-05-2005, 04:39 PM
ok...maybe next time.

lute
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
bump!

so far only 2 people can come.:( i NEED to know if you're comming. PLEASE let me know.

finn's mom
04-15-2005, 12:33 PM
I'd love to go, but, it's a seven hour drive. I just drove sixteen hours from Texas and am unemployed right now. I am hoping to have a job by then, and, I just don't think it'd be smart for me to spend money on another road trip. :(

lute
04-16-2005, 08:33 AM
the meeting is called off because no-one can make the trip.:(

finn's mom
04-16-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that no one's able to make it! :(

delidog
04-17-2005, 07:57 AM
For those of you who Don't know...

I am an Adult...With Adult Responsibilities....

I Feel Absolutely No Need to Justify My Actions/Decisions to a Child

Kfamr
04-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Nicole, I'm sending you a PM...

lute
04-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by delidog
For those of you who Don't know...

I am an Adult...With Adult Responsibilities....

I Feel Absolutely No Need to Justify My Actions/Decisions to a Child
what the hell was that for?