PDA

View Full Version : Have you moved the large appliances lately??

jenluckenbach
03-20-2005, 08:12 PM
One of the collection places for toys around here, is under the oven. But there is a removable drawer under the oven, so all we do is take the drawer out to reach under it. BUT, it is a difficult drawer to replace, so I don't do it often.

Well, tonight was the night.

I found a small lid, a milk cat, a coughdrop wrapper and 18 (yes 18) cat toys under the oven :eek:

I fear what is under the fridge. :rolleyes:

catnapper
03-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Ok, I'll ask: just how many cat toys do you have that you can have 18 go missing, and yet you don't miss them? :eek:

And no, we don't pull our large appliances out very often. I am afraid of what I might find under there.

jenluckenbach
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Ok, I'll ask: just how many cat toys do you have that you can have 18 go missing, and yet you don't miss them? :eek:

Do NOT.....I repeat.....DO NOT ASK

But, if you can find room on my floor to walk and NOT step on a toy, it would be a major accomplishment. :p

rg_girlca
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
LOL, your so funny Jen.

I mostly find the toys under the couch.

And you need a lot of toys with the crew you have.:)

I'm like you, I remove the bottom drawer of the stove, but I am able to see under my fridge as we have it up on rollers. Much easier to move when it comes time to clean behind it.

QueenScoopalot
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Don't you know that's what yardsticks are for? :confused: :D ;) Great for pulling out a few dogs...lots of cats accumulated fur that is and always mice, and misc. other long lost toys! Oh yeah...pens, and straws too! :rolleyes: :p

Grace
03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
We do under the frig every 6 months. All we ever find is lots of cat fur and the occasional piece of cat food. We do the same as Jen with the stove - take out the drawer.

The toys in this house end up in the cellar. Reese loves bouncing them down the stairs, running down to grab them, bring them up and start over again.

slick
03-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Hmmmm.....trouble with appliances. Well, maybe you should invest in a newer appliance...one with drawer attachments that are easier to slide in and out. Some friends of mine bought one that is on a wheel-type base and is easy to pull out and clean behind. Don't know where they got it from though.

As for moving my large appliances, well, I'm ashamed to say no and I'm afraid to see what's growing beneath them.

gini
03-21-2005, 12:33 AM
OMG, you are supposed to move those things and actually CLEAN underneath them??:D :D

I don't want to know - that is just too much information..........ugh!
Even if it is stuff that belongs to me and my cats.

(just kidding!)

kaoK'okung
03-21-2005, 01:04 AM
lol...now you have me afraid...i though my cats were eating their toys...lol...(just kidding)...Shy's favorite toy(plastic ring off milk container), fit very well under the appliances and she is always asking me to get them...:) :)

catcrazylady
03-21-2005, 06:37 AM
ROFLOL!!! :D :D :D Jen the minute I saw the title of this thread I knew what was up!
I haven't looked under the fridge in a long long time, kind of scared too actually. I used to pull the stove drawer out at least once a month so I could find most of their toys but I haven't done it in awhile. Every time I do it I have to drag five cats out from under there while I try to put the drawer back in!:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by gini
OMG, you are supposed to move those things and actually CLEAN underneath them??:D :D

I don't want to know - that is just too much information..........ugh!
Even if it is stuff that belongs to me and my cats.

(just kidding!)

:eek: http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20964%20eek_take_off.gif

It is our couch, it's all under our couch :eek: :rolleyes:

catmandu
03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
I will have,to do that ,in the spare bedroom,as Scrappy 2,has lost hervfvaorite Toy,the squeeking mouse.And I will look,behind the fridge,as there are probably,as many Toys,as Jen found,when she moved hers.

catnapper
03-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
[B]. Every time I do it I have to drag five cats out from under there while I try to put the drawer back in!:D
ROTFL... I can just imagine the assmebly line... remove one cat while another jumps in, remove that cat, another jumps in.

RedHedd
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
:eek: http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20964%20eek_take_off.gif

It is our couch, it's all under our couch :eek: :rolleyes: :D Same here! We received three new mice from Hartz on Satuday. Two of them are already "missing." I think the cats do it on purpose as it's another game in our house. I use the long back-scratcher to sweep the mice out from under the couch. It's one of their favorite games!

cubby31682
03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
I wont move any large appliances! I go buy new mice. Every time I get cat or dog food I get them a new pack of mice! I also fish out the mice from under the couch at least once a month. It's not very fun to do when you have a cat on each side of you hitting them back under the couch when you are trying to get them out. Or Cubby runs to the side of the couch and pushes against the broom to so I can't get them out. I give up after about 30 minutes of non stop fighting over where the mice belong!

I went on a search this weekend for them. I have only found 6 so far. Those were under the bed and or under the couch. So I guess they might be under the stove or the fridge.

Freckles
03-21-2005, 12:44 PM
The fridge was moved to replace flooring. Kind of tacky looking, but mostly milk jug rings which my cat loved!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/p68650597f8fb1d6554e0e3fe40201e37/f4c1a05d.jpg :)

smokey the elder
03-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Have a few milk rings! :D

RedHedd
03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
Have a few milk rings! :D Got Milk? :D

catnapper
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm dying here! What a sight! You are very brave to post that! thank you... now I wonder how many other PTers will be brave enough to peek under/behind their appliances!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid161/p68650597f8fb1d6554e0e3fe40201e37/f4c1a05d.jpg :)

NoahsMommy
03-21-2005, 02:45 PM
ha ha....too funny!

Yea, when we look under the oven, fridge, book cases, closets and couches, we always find a horde of toys. They love playing like that...sillies!! ;)

prechrswife
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Two moves ago, when we moved the couch, I think we counted 29 milk rings.:eek: (That was when we only had two cats.)

Our cats also have two "Thing 1" (from the Cat in the Hat) toys that came out of cereal boxes. Hubby decided to clean under the treadmill the other day, and guess what he found... :p

slick
04-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Today I'm shampooing my living room an dining room rugs.....I move both couches and what do I find???

8 little furry micies!!
Now, ask me how long it's been since I've seen them play with mice, and that will tell you how long it's been since I moved the couches...:eek:

Laura's Babies
04-02-2005, 08:27 PM
OH NO! :eek: My poor deprived babies have been missing out on a great toy??? :eek: I don't drink milk so they have never had a milk ring to play with... my Poooooooor deprived babies... Reckon I could buy a gallon and throw the milk away and keep the ring? Would that be considered going TO far?

I do the drawyer of the stove thing once a month... well, the way I work it is once every other month, I do that every time I am home.. The fridge it to big for me to pull out by myself... maybe I should get someone to help me and see what I find.... could be interesting!

Jayna78
04-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Our cats love putting toys and other objects like milk jug rings & straws under doors, under the stove, & under the fridge! They also love putting things under any large piece of furniture, such as the couch or chair-and-a-half. Anything we have to use a flashlight & a long thin object to get at is fair game for them! I wonder what we might find under our fridge when we get ready to move out of this rental house in a few weeks?! The fridge stays with the house, but I am definitely going to find some cat toys under there before we leave...I'd hate to leave them here. Little furry mice, milk jug rings, cat crazies from PetSmart/PetCo, & various other small toys end up hidden for a while sometimes. I regularly check under the easiily moveable furniture, but I'm always surprised if I find something that has been missing for quite some time.

I swear, there are some toys that I cannot find at this point, even after much searching, that I swear they have eaten!

Bailey is the chief kitty missing toys investigator, by the way - it is with his perserverance & efforts that I notice something must be just out of reach under the fridge - he works on things under there little by little, and when I discover his "Go-Go-Gadget-Arm" jammed under there, I try to come to the rescue with the arm of the flyswatter and get whatever it is out. There are some things wedged under there, though, that won't be coming out unless we move the fridge, which, much to my husband's annoyance, we will definitely be doing! :)