PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers please for Kim/Kimlovescats

rg_girlca
03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I contacted Kim yesterday, as I was concerned since I hadn't seen her on PT lately.
I found out tonight, that she had been to her doctor's today and she has bronchitis.
Unfortunately, because of her weakened lungs and asthma, when she has any type of Upper Respiratory illness, she has to stay away from her furbabies.

So please let the power of PT prayers work once again that she gets well soon, so she can once again, enjoy the company of her kitties.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you my friend that you get yourself well real soon.

((((((HUGS))))))

Soapets
03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Prayers from Nebraska..... I am fighting bronchitis, too, but thankfully don't have to stay away from my pets. I really feel for Kim. Thanks for checking up on her and letting us know!

Craftlady
03-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Keeping good thoughts for a speedy recovery :)

Karen
03-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh, ick. As someone who has twice been hospitalised for a cold that sunk to my chest aggravating my asthma, I know how awful that feels. My sister used to get bronchitis every year.

Prayers for Kim, and for her furfamily and skin family.

shais_mom
03-09-2005, 11:38 PM
prayers on the way

MULTICATMOM
03-09-2005, 11:51 PM
:( ;) I THINK WE ALL NOTICED YOUR ABSENCE LADY...
LOVE & HEADBUMPS FROM YOUR FOSTER KIDS NOSEY, DOM, JAS & FUZZY!!:D AND MY SUNNY GIRL & DAIRY DAISY:D :D THEY'RE SAYING "GET WELL SOON & COME SEE US PLEASE"
MROW, MROW...

krazyaboutkatz
03-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you're sick and have to stay away from your furkids.:( Please get well soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Barbara
03-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Kim I missed you and I send you all the best human and kitty healing thoughts to make you feel better:)

jenluckenbach
03-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

QueenScoopalot
03-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Ohh Kim...I'm so sorry to hear you're so sick right now that you can't even be near your furfamily. :( I also get socked with bronchitis from time to time, and it's awful to knock out. Sending prayers that you'll feel 100% in no time. ;)

Grace
03-10-2005, 06:19 AM
Prayers heading south from Michigan. Get well soon, Kim.

catlover4ever
03-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Kim, (((hugs))) to you. Hoping you feel better really soon.

catcrazylady
03-10-2005, 07:19 AM
I was just thinking yesterday that Kim han't been on for awhile and was going to send her an email. I knew something must be wrong.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are so sick Kim. Please know you have lots of prayers coming your way. Get well soon so you can rejoin the kitty crew. That always makes you feel a little better.
BIG {{{HUGS}}} friend! Take care of yourself and check in when you can.

catfamily
03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Prayers on your way Kim.I hope you feel better soon:(

catmandu
03-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Kim,has all kinds of prayers coming,from the Found Cat Hotel,and it must be terrible,not only being ill,but not,to be able,to be near her Furry Friends,must be torture,for all concerned.Kim,is a special person,to me,and The Found Cats,and I have spoken,to her often.A Huge Found Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW WWWWWW And Prayers,are going,out,to Kim,and we hope,that you are well,and reunited,with your Cats,soon.

kimlovescats
03-10-2005, 09:43 AM
and everyone, for your get well wishes! I guess I should explain my "weakened lungs".... lol! I'm not sure if I was a member at PT or not when this happened, but a couple of years ago I got really sick with double pneumonia. I spent 8 days in the hospital, was home for 4 then went back into the hospital for another 5 days. During my short 4 days back at home, I had been sleeping with my kitties! DUH! :rolleyes: Well, because of the condition of my lungs, and my allergies and asthma .... that caused me to have a bad asthma attack and go back into the hospital for the next 5 days. Then when I came home, I was on oxygen, and could only move around my house as far as my tubing would reach!:rolleyes: I had to stay completely away from all of my cats, and I cried and cried when I watched Animal Planet in my hospital room. :( At that time, all of my doctors (a team of them were working with me because my pneumonia was resistant to meds) advised / warned me to get rid of all of my cats!!! :eek: When I got home from the hospital, and after I was off of the oxygen tank, I had to wear a mask whenever I visited my kitties. Finally, I was "well enough" to take off the masks and just live on my inhalers, etc.

With each new infection and trip to my allergist, I get the same lectures and warnings ..... and now since that hospital stay, I have had my diabetes diagnosis. So ... now we know that my immunities are even more weakened. When all of this happened (the double pneumonia , etc.) is when my hubby built my garage enclosure for the cats. However, I have gradually let them stay in the house more and more .... big mistake. :( I am now back to either they have to stay in the garage, or they can't stay. :( :( :(

So, now you get "the rest of the story" as to WHY I had to give up my fosters and my rescue work. Now, I just pray that I can stay healthy enough to maintain my kitty family as it stands right now.

Thanks for the prayers,
Kim

slick
03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh Kim, how heartbreaking for you. I just can't imagine having to live without kitty contact. However, YOU are important and your health should be first and foremost on your list. More prayers on the way.....please be healthy, Kim.

hugs
slick xo

catfamily
03-10-2005, 01:28 PM
Your health comes first.If it works out in the garage than you should stick with that.Are you going to be able to keep your adoption work?I hope you feel better soon and I know it's hard to stay away from your babies but maybe when your better you can do a little a day and no sleeping with them.This is not good news for a catlover like you.Geez...I don't know what I'd do either.Probably risk my health.LOL
Of course I'm kidding.:confused:

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Kim, I am praying that you continue to recover and get stronger each day. At least if they are in the garage you will still have them with you, and you need to look after YOU and stay healthy, for yourself, your family, the furkids and US!!!

(((HUGS)))

Julie

prechrswife
03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
((((((Hugs)))))) Feel better soon, and take care of yourself!

DogLover9501
03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
I was just thinking yesterday that Kim han't been on for awhile

I was thinking the same thing :(

I hope you feel better soon, Kim! You'll be in my thoughts.

Vermontcat
03-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Awwww Kim, hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon.:)
I too have asthma and allergies and I too had a Dr tell me that it would be best to get rid of my cat.
(I got rid of the Dr instead;))
Samantha hasn't slept in my bedroom since she was two years old but I still have her after all of these years.
Please take care of yourself and get well soon. :)

rg_girlca
03-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh Kim, I didn't realize the seriousness of your illness.
I was also told a few times from my doctor to get rid of my animals due to my chronic sinusitis, but mine isn't life threatening like yours could be.

Maybe you could put them in the garage on just a temporary basis until you get your health under control. I know it is easier said than done, but like others have said, your health does come first.

Prayers still on the way for you friend, that your health improves and all will be well again.

You definitely made the right decision on not to foster anymore.

Take care of yourself. ((((((HUGS))))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Oh Kim, that must be so hard on you, being such a loving catmommy!! I will pray for you every day!! Please get better soon :) http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20973%20Huge_hug.gif

catcrazylady
03-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear that you are so ill. Prayers are on the way that you are feeling great real soon!

Keep the kitties out of the bedroom! Once you feel better you can probably let them back in safely. You have lived with them all this time and have done pretty well. I think the majority of us have been told by doctors to get rid of the fur but the doctor went bye bye instead!;) I think in your situation it is important that you do not let them in the bedroom. You need a hair free zone. If there is such a thing!!:)

Good luck and feel better soon! Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

{{{HUGS}}}

Cosmicat
03-11-2005, 07:11 AM
My prayers have been sent to you Kim. Get well soon!

CalliesMom
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm just reading this thread now! I'm so sorry and completely understand about asthma and being allergic to the kitties. I'm fairly allergic to "new" animals and even mine cause me to have to use my inhaler. It hasn't gotten so bad that I need to go stay in a hospital; I get bouts of bronchitis every year and try to keep up with my allergy medicine.

I hope you figure everything out and your health improves. You're such a sweet lady.

chrangharris
03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Hope you get to feeling better soon! We are praying for you!

K & L
03-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Take care Kim and get well soon!

Vio&Juni
03-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Take care, Kim and get better.

smokey the elder
03-11-2005, 03:01 PM
I hope you feel better soon.

IF some doctor told me to get rid of my cats, he'd be fired. But I can see how you have to be careful because of your asthma. I could kick them out of the bedroom if I had too.

ChrisH
03-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Oh, Kim, I'm sorry to hear you are sick and I hope you are better very soon.
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Chris

catmandu
03-11-2005, 07:17 PM
i dont know what I would do,if they told me,to get rid,of the Found Cats,as they are my life.Thats why I no longer say,how many Found Cats,are here,as I am so far,over the limit,and if someone told,the SPCA,I could,have,to hide,all but 2,of them.We are praying Kim,that you dont,have to lose your friends,and that you,can work out a comprimise.But those poor Strays,will have,to go elsewhere,and someone,will have,to pick,up the slack.

jenluckenbach
03-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Oh Kim, I do have a vague memory of the reason you had the garage kitty enclosure, but with time it was forgotten. Having them in their own personal space is so much better than not having them at all. Good luck getting better and back to normal again.