PDA

View Full Version : Looky what I found!!!

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:05 PM
We were hiking at night at Hendrick's park, like we usually do and stumbled across this cutie. :) He's not neutered, and had a wonderful time trying to mount my bf's leg. Other than that he is very well behaved and knows basic commands. He even hopped right into the car. He's a bit stinky, but it's obvious he's had a home. He has a collar and tags with rabies and license information but no owner contact information. He's a doll and absolutely loves me, and well, it's obvious I adore him too. :o :D

I believe he is a Shnauzer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Isn't he cute! :D

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Here's me scratching his bum, LOL. :p

Karen
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Goodness, hope you find his owner. Most cities can find contact info from the license #. He may be Schnauzer, but it's hard to tell without seeing his face!

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Sooooooooo cute! I've checked the lost and found ads but didn't see anything, so in a bit I'll be calling the clinic his rabies tag is from and see if I can get any information on his owners. :)

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Goodness, hope you find his owner. Most cities can find contact info from the license #. He may be Schnauzer, but it's hard to tell without seeing his face!

Check the last pic, LOL. :D

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
You can kind of see his face in this one. He needs a haircut too!

GraciesMommy
03-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Definately a schnauzer...and a pretty one at that!
They should be able to find owners thru the rabies tag..should be on computer file

jennifert9
03-09-2005, 04:12 PM
My goodness, he is cute!! Sounds like someone owns him since he had all his contact info on....I'm glad you found him and brought him home to keep him safe for now! I love the pics. he reminds me of my childhood dog, Bandit. What a cute face! Looks like some kind of terrier...

Pit Chick
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Looks like a Schnauzer to me. Maybe whoever you call to get info on the owners, you could see if they would call the owners and get the story on why the dog is missing. If they say something like, "he's a backyard dog and he's always getting out" or "we let him run loose all the time" then I wouldn't bother returning the dog cause he'll just keep getting out and maybe end up getting seriously hurt or killed. Maybe find out why he isn't neutered and strongly encourage the owners to have that done so he doesn't have the urge to roam and end up getting another dog or two or three, pregnant.

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
OK, I will call the clinic right away and come back for an update then. :)

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
Looks like a Schnauzer to me. Maybe whoever you call to get info on the owners, you could see if they would call the owners and get the story on why the dog is missing. If they say something like, "he's a backyard dog and he's always getting out" or "we let him run loose all the time" then I wouldn't bother returning the dog cause he'll just keep getting out and maybe end up getting seriously hurt or killed. Maybe find out why he isn't neutered and strongly encourage the owners to have that done so he doesn't have the urge to roam and end up getting another dog or two or three, pregnant.

I thought the same thing when I found him. In fact, I'm pretty partial to him already...

:D

sammy101
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
adorable!!:D How does he get along with Freckles??

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by sammy101
adorable!!:D How does he get along with Freckles??

Freckles is on "vacation" right now at the farm. ;) It's like her mini vacations LOL. She gets to run on the farm and have her play time with her sis and brother. :)

Samantha Puppy
03-09-2005, 05:58 PM
He has a face very similar to the dog my family had when I was a little girl. He looks like a very sweet boy, like my Rags. What will you do if no information can be found on the owners?

luckies4me
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
He has a face very similar to the dog my family had when I was a little girl. He looks like a very sweet boy, like my Rags. What will you do if no information can be found on the owners?

Keep him of course! :D

Oggyflute
03-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Defo a schnauzer, he needs a bit of a groom, but he sure is a handsome fella. So we might have another schnauzer parent on PT? :D (hope your boyfriends leg is OK):D

bckrazy
03-10-2005, 01:59 AM
what a cutie! :) how nice of you guys to keep him safe until (or, IF) he finds his parents. I agree, definitely tell them that they need to neuter their dog!.. it *will* drastically reduce his urges to roam.

On the way to school this morning, I was going up this back-road a few miles from my house, with some farms along the way, and there were two australian shepherds standing RIGHT in the middle of the road :eek:.. they were some pretty dumb ranch doggies. Cars were going 60 mph down this road, and a lot of people use it instead of the freeway. Of course I had to pull over and run into the road and pull them into the car :p, they were sooo cute and wiggly. One was a bi black boy and the other was a red tri boy. I called animal control, and they said that the owners had just called them, so they got happily re-united ;). I would've taken them home in a second, but oh well...