PDA

View Full Version : Those of you parents of little ones ( skin kids)...elementary age...

Christiansmommy
02-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I am in the early stages of finding out about pre-school and kindergarten for Christian. I will be putting him in pre-school this year, in the fall. I also called the public schools in the area to get an idea of when to know when to put him in there, cut off dates, and such...and they told me that kindergarten for the next school year, will now be full day 9-3:30, everyday!! I think that is a bit much for a little kindergartener!! Whatever happened to morning and afternoon classes?!! I think that is too long for a little kid ( and a mommy too ;))...

What schedules do the kindergartens in your area follow? Half or full days?

Even most of the private schools do full day now too.

chrissycat21
02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
All the kindergartens that are in my area are half days, they have a morning class and an afternoon class.

9:00 to 3:30, thats a long day! Thats almost as long as my day at school!

joanofark
02-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Hmmmm. Weird.:rolleyes: When I was in Kindergarten I went 9:00 - lunch time.:) I'm not sure what it is now though... I'm Home schooled:)

Tollers-n-Dobes
02-04-2005, 04:55 PM
Around my area the kindergarten classes are half days but it's changing next year to all day sjut like your area...

PJ's Mom
02-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Full day kindergarten is great! They give the kids lots of play time, lunch, snacks and naps! My twins loved it. :)

GraciesMommy
02-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Full day here..when my kids went to Kindergarten they went all day and that was years ago. My son is 24 and daughter is 19...and that was in Arkansas..but they go full day here in my part of TX too
Looks like that would be better on the mom's who work...less daycare expense..right? was for me

MariaM
02-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Here it is full day, but it's only every other day. I like it like that, and miss the old days! :(

chrangharris
02-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Here it depends on the school system. Some do the full day but there is a nap. Others do the half day!