PDA

View Full Version : converting files

Katiesmom
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I think there was a thread like this before but I'm not sure anyways my digital camera can make like movies on it but it will only open in quick time... it has the file extension .mov on it and I was wondering if there was any way to convert it over to use in Windows Movie maker, it says that WMM couldn't recognize that file extension...any advice/help or be greatly appreciated:D

shutterbug0303
01-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I did a search and found this....I don't know if it wil help, but maybe it's worth a shot...

Hey there....I found a solution to our problem that doesn't cost a penny! You have to download RadTools(Bink-Smacker). It works great and its totally free. Here's the website for you...good luck!
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Once you download the program, select a file and chose 'Convert a File' in the lower left corner. Then choose the output type (for windows media player you need AVI). Make sure to check the bottom box to 'Convert Audio', otherwise the video will not have the sound. Then click 'convert file'.

Katiesmom
01-13-2005, 10:25 AM
thanks shutterbug I will give it a try:D

Katiesmom
01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
It worked thanks a bunch shutterbug:D

shutterbug0303
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
:D :D You're welcome!! :D :D

manda_moo87
01-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I have the same problem.

But unfortunately RadTools(Bink-Smacker) doesn't work for me. :(

Katiesmom
01-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by manda_moo87
I have the same problem.

But unfortunately RadTools(Bink-Smacker) doesn't work for me. :(

what are you trying to convert? You know at first it didn't work for me either....what does it say when you try to do it?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Video Tutorial (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49594&highlight=video+tutorial)

manda_moo87
01-13-2005, 12:18 PM
I am trying to convert a MOV file, just like you.

It says:

Bink Converter
QuickTime was not able to decompress the audio track (error 1)!

This means either the full version of QuickTime isn't installed,
or your input file uses an obscure or broken audio codec.

In either case, this means you can't export the audio in your movies.

Please try redownloading and reinstalling QuickTime and choose
the Full installation (sometimes uninstalling first helps).

So... I try to reinstall QuickTime and it doesn't work. No clue what to do. :confused:

Katiesmom
01-13-2005, 12:24 PM
My problem was that the movie I chose didn't work any more so I found another one on my hard drive and tried it and it worked so make sure the movie you choose works first then...what I did was chose the file name then under file type I chose All files then hit convert file and then on the Output I made sure the AVI was selected and then hit convert:)

manda_moo87
01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Errgg.... it still won't work! The same message keeps popping up.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-030.gif