PDA

View Full Version : Treats

Sir Campalot
12-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys and Girls,
I was wondering if you have any ideas of treats to use in my Science Fair Projects which is "Do Dogs Reacte Diferently to Different Types of Treats?" so i nead about 4 ideas of treats for this project so the
THE MORE THE MERRIER
and MERRY HOLIDAY

Thanks,
Sir Campalot:)

Karen
12-15-2004, 08:09 PM
Cut up pieces of hot dogs
Cheese

There are more than 4 kinds of store-bought dogs treats, just walk down the aisle at the market and choose!

Logan
12-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Pupcorn!! Just that word gets my dogs all excited!! Maybe you should pick different varieties of treats, milkbones, hotdogs, pupcorn, etc. Good luck! My dogs wish they could be your experimenters! :p

Sir Campalot
12-16-2004, 01:18 PM
AWESOME thanks if you have friends who post on this sight tell them to post on this one

thank you

Sir Campalot :D

lovemyshiba
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I would definitely include some kind of high value treat that dogs go crazy for, something they don't get often like hot dogs, cut up chicken, or cheese. Use your standard run of the mill store treat, like milk bones, and then maybe something like a jerky treat or something. Pupcorn is a great suggestion too, just for the variety. I have a lot of recipes for homemade treats too, if you're willing to go that route, let me know.

Sounds like a fun project!!:)

dragondawg
12-16-2004, 07:45 PM
The standard treat has a lot of salt in them which is the attraction for dogs. I seem to sense they like Iams treats better than the standard generic store type. But then again maybe that's my wallet that's doing the sensing.

Obviously any people food a dog may consider as a treat. Cheese is by far the one item a dog can not resist. Close behind is peanut butter. Thus both are great to hide pills. As another has mentioned popcorn is munched down, as are potato chips, and pretzels. Probably again due to the salt. Did anyone mention frosty paws or doggy ice cream? Of course ice cream proper not to mention frozen or regular yogart is quite yummy to dogs.

Sir Campalot
12-17-2004, 12:37 PM
yup lovemyshiba could you send me a Private Message or post something on this thread Treats to tell me how to make homemade dogie treats thanks for the offer.:)

Sir Campalot:)

lovemyshiba
12-17-2004, 01:10 PM
I would be happy to, but I'm getting ready to leave for work right now--I'll get to it tonight later or tomorrow!!

vinjashira
12-17-2004, 01:15 PM
pig's ears :D

Luna
12-18-2004, 03:26 PM
I've made these for my dogs several times. Pureeing the liver is a little gross, but the dogs seem to love them.

Lucky Liver Lumps
• 1 lb. pureed liver
• 2 cups corn meal
• ½ cup powdered milk
• 1 cup flour
• dash garlic salt or powder
• ¼ cup water

Add some sunflower seeds or cranberries for a little ooooomph!! Spread out on cookie sheet in a thin layer. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Cool and cut into small pieces.

vinjashira
12-31-2004, 09:22 AM
how did the science project go?

Sir Campalot
01-04-2005, 01:59 PM
It isent due till mid February but i will tell you how it goes

thanks and wish me luck:)

Sir Campalot
:D

Lexi_Lover
01-04-2005, 03:06 PM
There is a brand of treats called RollOver...Lexi goes crazy and will literally do anything for them! They are called Little Bites...I think :confused: but anyways they are like little balls pusked down so it kinda looks like a cylinder!

Milk bones work well too! Umm...I have a really good recipe that dogs I give this too LOVE them...I run out all too quickly!

misterduke
01-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Beef jercky! even my cat "mister" loves it.

misterduke

Luna
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Beef jerky! Yeah, I bet my dogs would love it too, but their going to have to fight me for it.:D :D ;)

vinjashira
01-11-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Sir Campalot
It isent due till mid February but i will tell you how it goes

thanks and wish me luck:)

Sir Campalot
:D

well then, good luck! :)