PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers for Andy's Dad

mooshoosmama
12-13-2004, 08:34 PM
I just got off the phone with Kimmy (Ramanth) and she asked me to post this.

Andy's Dad is in the hospital undergoing surgery as we speak for a hole in his intestines. He had been complaining about abdominal pain this past weekend after they went out for dinner, so they tought it might be food poisoning. After they did an emergency CT scan, they found a hole in his intestines.

Kimmy asked me to ask all the PTers for their prayers for Andy's Dad's recovery.

She'll post more tomorrow from work.

Thoughts and prayers on their way from Ecorse, Kimmy.

Corinna
12-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Prayers fom Montana going out . Poor Kimmy she's really get the run though first Andy now his dad. Keep your chin up girl.{{{HUG}}}

ComedyDevil
12-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Prayers being sent *hugs* :)

captain
12-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Prayers and hugs being sent ..........

Michelle

pitc9
12-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Prayers and hugs to you all!!!

rg_girlca
12-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Prayers on the way for Andy's dad.

slick
12-13-2004, 09:51 PM
OMG...poor Kim and Andy. If it's not one thing, it's another. Life is just so unfair sometimes.

Mega prayers on the way.

Cincy'sMom
12-13-2004, 10:09 PM
Prayers for Andy's Dad. I hopeall goes well in surgery :(

Tonya
12-13-2004, 10:51 PM
I'll be praying for him.

shais_mom
12-14-2004, 12:06 AM
wow that family can't stay outta the hospital!:(
Prayers on the way!

Corinna
12-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Any word yet?

Fett
12-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Just got back from the hospital. It sounds like it was something that was building for a long time and finally ruptured. It was about a fist-sized hole in his intestine. They got him fixed up and they didn't have to put a colostomy bag in (which was the worst-case scenerio), which he was happy about. :)

He went in for surgery at about 9:30 last night (which was actually one month from the date of my emergency second lung surgery) and at 12:30 they rolled him up to his room, which is actually on the same floor I was at once I was out of the critcal care room. I even talked to one of the nurses on staff tonight that was there during my stay on that floor 3 weeks ago. Phred knows who she is. ;)

Anyway, we're gonna head back in the morning and find out more. The surgeon only told us the basics after his part of the procedure was done (about 11:00). They stabilize the patient back to 'more normal' before they bring them out of anesthesia and place them in a room.

He does have a nose tube in that goes all the way down into his stomach, which is probably quite irritating, but hopefully he won't feel it much tonight as he's still on some good painkillers.

Man, our Miller men aren't having that good a luck at the end of 2004 are we? Hopefully 2005 will be great.

kimlovescats
12-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Oh, Andy .... (((((HUGS)))) .... I was just wondering how YOU were coming along, and now THIS!!! My prayers will certainly be with your Dad, your family and you still as well!

Hang in there!

Kim
;)

davidpizzica
12-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Kimmy, Pittsburgh prayers coming your way for Andy's father. And prayers for your family, too. Please keep us updated.

Cinder & Smoke
12-14-2004, 01:22 AM
Hi God ~

THANKx fur jumpin on this wun affore we "asked"!

Seemz like You anna White Coats got Mister M. all fixed up
wiffout our help!

PaLeeze help him to get all rested up an *feelin better* -
he'd prolly like ta be able ta eat sum Holiday Goodies iffin
You kan arrange dat.

Ask dat *NICE* Nursie Gurl ta look in on him -
she wuz reelee *NICE* to Mistur Andy anna Fambly!

An ask Andy to *loan* Dad dat Gud Luck Pup -
seemed to help get Andy feelin better.

THANKz fur Takin Care of dis wun, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Corinna
12-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Glad to hear the scary part is over but as you know recovery and healing are hard work. Laughter makes it much faster.

Cincy'sMom
12-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Glad to hear surgery went well. Hopefully his healing and recovery will be quick!

Hang in there...only 17 days left of 2004....next year has to be better for your family!!!

ramanth
12-14-2004, 08:18 AM
*fingers crossed!* :)

Thanks for the prayers gang. Ya'll are the best! *HUGS*

Logan
12-14-2004, 08:29 AM
My goodness! Kimmy, I'll bet Andy's mother is beside herself with her boys being hospitalized one right after the other!

Andy, I hope you're feeling good and that your dad will be feeling better too. I can't imagine the pain he must have been enduring.

He will certainly be in our prayers.

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Oh my! What a rough time your family is having Andy! But it sounds like the worst is over and hopefully your dad will recover quickly and all will be somewhat back to normal for the holidays.

Hugs to you, Andy and Kimmy, and yes Kim, my fingers are crossed and I'll make sure Terry and Peanut follow suit. ;)

moosmom
12-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Glad to hear he came through the surgery okay. Geez Andy, with your family and Kimmy being there so much recently, they probably think you donated the hospital a wing or sumthin!!

((((hugs)))))

Donna

lynnestankard
12-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Andy and Kim - Prayers zooming over there to help Andy's Dad recover.
Good grief this has been an awful end to 2004 for you all hasn't it? I'm keeping fingers crossed that 2005 is a much better year - although come to think of it you two did get engaged in 2004 - so maybe it wasn't an all bad year!!!
Andy - maybe Dad could do with the fUrrY sLipPurZ when he's up and about?!!:D

{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you all

Love Lynne

AmberLee
12-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Adding my thoughts and prayers for Andy's Dad and family...

tatsxxx11
12-14-2004, 04:16 PM
So relieved to hear that Andy's Dad has come through so well, Kimmy. Oh, what a scare! My thoughts and prayers are with you Kimmy and Andy and his family. Gosh, you guys have been through so much recently:( BIG hugs!:) Sandra

My Peanuts
12-14-2004, 05:24 PM
WOW, what a bad time for you guys. I'm glad Andy's dad is getting better already. Prayers are on the way. :)

cloverfdx
12-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Prayers and get well wishes on the way. {{Hugs}}

Fett
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Cinder & Smokey, the gud luck pup is with dad at the hospital. :)

I went and visited him a bit earlier this afternoon. I guess dad has pretty tough skin as it took them at least 5 tries to get the IV in before surgery last night, and mom said they switched arms today and it took them a whole bunch more tries to put another IV in. That probably wasn't fun for him. :(

Mom called a little while ago and said he was supposed to be moved to another room pretty soon. They'd taken the bladder catheter out *shivers* and unplugged his nose tube, as they'll test and see how that goes without the machine for a bit. If it goes ok, they'll take that completely out too. :)

They had him sitting up in a chair instead of his bed from about 1:00 until at least 8:30 when mom called. He said it hurt a lot when they move positions from bed to chair. Yeah, that's cause every time your body moves, your ab muscles come into play and yours are cut, I told him. :( So, I'm sure he's definately not looking forward to them moving him around again. :(

The surgeon told them today it's about 4-5 days in hospital and 6 weeks recovery time.

Fett
12-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Update:

Mom came home and said he's in his new room and they were hooking the nose tube back up to the machine. Guess they'll give it a longer time before trying to have him go without again. She said he's doing better than he was, so that's good news. I'll head over there again tomorrow. :)

ramanth
12-15-2004, 08:29 AM
:)

Cinder & Smoke
12-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Uppydate ????

Hey SpideyBoy -

How's "Dad" doin today????

ramanth
12-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Andy is at his workplace Holiday Party. His mom is at the hospital I imagine. Andy will probably give an update tonight. :)

Fett
12-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I went and saw him and he said he's feeling better than he did yesterday. :)

I saw part of his scar with the staples like I got. I found out a couple things....his surgeon today didn't know about them leaving him sitting in the chair for 8 hrs straight yesterday. Mom said that nobody on staff came in and made him move back to the bed. :eek: Also, I found out *shudders deeply* that later last night after they moved him to his new room they put the bladder catheter back in !!! :mad: I told mom and dad I don't know why they just didn't leave it in, since he'd only been out of surgery for 24 hrs and still couldn't get himself out of bed to go potty. I told him how bad I felt for him for them doing that to him. I know for a fact my brother or I couldn't handle that, but dad must be a tougher cookie than us....even though he said it burned and stung a lot when they did it. They'd have to knock my brother or I out if they wanted to try that.

I guess he had a lot of people come visit today, which I think is good, but the nurses told him they thought he had too many people coming in. They didn't bother me about that so overall it appears my care there was better than he's been getting. They've rushed him into doing things too fast when his body isn't ready for it, then they've bugged him he's got people that want to come visit him when he's sick. :mad:

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Glad to hear your dad is feeling better...wish he was being treated better!! We are still thinking of him and hope he continues to feel better!

I sure got lucky with my surgery...in and out in under 12 hours, no staples, no catheter (that I know of ;) ) and back to work in a week!

Karen
12-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Your dad will remian in our prayers! Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch! Methinks he needs his own goofy slippers!

Fett
12-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Glad yours was fast and relatively painless, Cincy's mom. :)

Karen, he's already got a pair of big slippers shaped like footballs. He's had them for a while and wears them around the house sometimes. We'll get him back in them soon. ;)

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Hope your dad is still doing well today, Andy.

Fett
12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Yep. I didn't go over there today, but mom said the nurse commented how much better today he is doing than yesterday. They had him walking around a few times today, which is good. :)
He had some more visitors too, she said. He's had more friends come visit him in the hospital than I did. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
12-16-2004, 10:32 PM

Glad to hear "Dad's" on the Road to Recovery!!

Is he playin FootsBall in the halls with his :cool: Slippers?

Originally posted by Fett

... He's had more friends come visit him in the hospital
than I did. ;)

Maybe - but YOU dint get *Hollered at* for having a
buncha :eek: ROUWDIEZ in your room, either! :p

And if you count all your Internet "Visits & Wishes" ~
you had a LOTTA Cyber Visits!

Tell "Dad" we're all Hoping for a Speedie Recovery for him!! ;)

slick
12-17-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm so glad he's doing OK. Me thinks we need a picture of him in his football slipperzzzz....
More prayers on the way for a quick recovery.

jazzcat
12-17-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

gini
12-17-2004, 11:12 AM
Ouch is right!

Let me offer you a prayer for his speedy recovery!

lynnestankard
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
**Argh - thats gota sting**

Keeping Dad in my thoughts and Prayers Andy - fingers still crossed.

Lynne

Fett
12-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Dad came home today and seems to be doing ok. :) He's been up and down around the house, relaxing. I myself am trying to fight off a cold, which is likely bad to have since my lung is healing.

slick
12-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Good news about Dad, Andy....not-so-good news about you. I guess by now you've heard all the remedies and do's and dont's. Myself, I've never found anything that helped. Prayers on the way.

Cinder & Smoke
12-19-2004, 11:16 PM

Welcome back HOME, "Dad"!! ;)

And now Andy has a COLD!?? :(

Gud Grief! :p

Sandie Pawz already HAS a Red-Nozed Reindeer -
He duzint need a Red-Nozed SpideyBoy to lead the sleigh!

BOTH of you guys *Lissin Up* -
Get Better Quick!!

Cincy'sMom
12-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Glad to hear your dad is home Andy!

Good luck with your cold...'tis the season :(