PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's sick :(

catnapper
11-29-2004, 06:37 PM
And I don't know who! I woke this morning to Gag, cough cough, puke sound. I jump out of bed, and of course all 4 are standing on the steps looking at the fresh puke. So ok, nobody is going to fess up. I grab towels and clean it up... and in the middle of cleaning, I hear more sounds coming from the office. I get to the office, and 4 cats are staring at a new pile there. OK, grab new towels and clean that. Only to go upstairs and find another pile - this time no kitties sitting and staring at it. More new towels, more scrubbing carpet.

I left early this morning and came home to 3 more piles of puke. NO idea who it is, because all 4 ate like starved creatures when I fed them. Nobody has puked since. Someone is nseezing, but once again, I don't know who. :(

prechrswife
11-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Not fun. I hope you can find out who it is soon. At our house, it's usually easy because Saphirah is our puker. She's usually the culprit.

Craftlady
11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Thumper is my puker at our house. Usually hair ball, ate to fast, Skinny torments her after eating. Gotta love a brother :D

kimlovescats
11-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh No Kim ... hopefully it's just hairballs! I hope you can figure out who is doing it ... and the sneezing sounds very familiar too!:rolleyes: We now how the URI going around the kittens as well!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jazzcat
11-29-2004, 07:03 PM
:( :( Hope it's nothing serious but that sounds like a lot of barf. Hope it's not multiple kitties.

jenluckenbach
11-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the joys of multiple cats rolleyes:

I would bet that if they ALL ate that it is a hairball problem (one that isn't coming up, but preventing the food from staying down.) If you still have that tube of hairball remedy, offer some to all the kitties and hope it does the trick.

and buy more towels :D

RICHARD
11-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Put them one at a time on the back of your television set......then you'll know!!!!

Just kidding!!!:eek:

rg_girlca
11-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Oh Kim, I hope you find out who it is and that it isn't anything serious.

Please keep us posted.

christa
11-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Don't you love it?!?!

I've been giving Brodie vitamins, it's a dark brown liquid . . . well, he decided to throw it up last night and by the time I found it, it was soaked into the carpet. That stain won't be coming up! My poor landlord . . . LOL. Guess that's what the non-refundable "pet deposit" is for!

Hope the kitty in question gets to feeling better!

catcrazylady
11-30-2004, 05:38 AM
This is when it is bad to have more than one or two cats. It can take a while to figure out who is sick and then again you may never know! Hopefully it was a hairball problem and its all over with now.
Hugs and kissies to the Fab Four and I hope everyone is feeling good today!:D

mina'smomma
11-30-2004, 08:41 AM
Oh gracious Kim, Maybe you should separate them until you find out which one is sick. Either that or take them all the to vets. Did you check their teeth and breath? That is how my friend finds out which one of her cats is sick.

catnapper
11-30-2004, 08:46 AM
Nobody is sneezing now. It seems the kittens sneez a lot for some reason. Anyhow, there was only one pukey spot this morning and nothing else. I know Pouncer is my puke boy - bad hairballs - so maybe its him that has the problem right now. He hasn't had anyhariballs for a while, so perhaps this is at it is. Lets cross our fingers!

I have to give him the hairball remedy. I was giving it to him reguarly for a while, then his hairballs got better... so I lapsed and have stopped giving it to him. I have to hunt him down and give him his medicine, which he loves, so no harm there! :D

kimlovescats
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm glad things have settled down .... hehe... and it doesn't look like a serious problem. My compulsive puker is Dexter!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
11-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Glad things are calmer, tummy wise. That's the hard part of having more than one kitty...the mysterious piles. ;)

Kisses to your crew!

Maybe the kittens are sneezing due to the decreased temperatures? My cats are sneezing a bit right now, so we're keeping the heater on more often.

catmandu
11-30-2004, 12:41 PM
I find those little piles of Cat Love,all the time,as the Siamese bolt thier food,and then lose it,and because,they are always grooming each,other,there are Hairballs everywhere! I just hope,taht none of your Clowder,is ill!

catnapper
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
UPDATE:

I caught Harry doing the puking this afternoon! There was a nice little clump of hair in it. So much puke for one little kitty! He looked so sad, and just sat there for a minute after he did it. :( I gave him some nice hairball remedy - so now I have TWO kitties to give hariball remedy to every day. What we don;t do for our cats!

Thanks everyone!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Glad you found the culprit. :) The only good news about giving them hairball medicine is that they actually like it. Tubby used to just lick it right out of the tube. Peanut, however, never really like the stuff so one time I tried putting it on her paw so she'd have to lick it off. Weeeeelllll.....not a good idea since the very first thing she did was flip her paw and I then had nice brown, sticky hairball stuff all over my white walls. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Corinna
12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I have to keep after 2 of ours all the time or I step in to yuck. They love to do it but the side of my bed on the wood floor. They do love the salmon flavor one though not hard to get them to take it.