PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 01:20 AM
Well Dylan was over today and I was on the couch reading a book to him. He got really excited and his hand flew up and he accidently poked me in the eye. That was at about 6:30. It hurt so bad thatI had to take a nap to try and have the pain go away and I just now woke up. Well the pain is still very much there and I don't even want to open my eye. It hurts about ten times worse than the time Ewok ssent me to the ER> So my question is, do yu think he scraped it? Because it really hurts and I was wondering if I should go to the doctors, specifically the ER? It feels as if there is something stuck in my eye............:(

kt_luvs_kitties
11-22-2004, 01:26 AM
I would go get it checked out by a doc, could have scratched the cornia:eek: I hope it gets better soon. I know it sucks to get something stuck in your eye, much less having it poked hard. Please dont toucj at it though, germs can make it get infected. GOOD LUCK< HOPE IT HEALS FAST! *HUGS* Katie

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Well I'm definitely going to go to the doctors. I am going to the ER after I am done eating my cereal. I don't even want to look so I am trying to type with my eyes closed. It really hurts. :( I am pretty sure I damaged my cornea. :(

Lilith Cherry
11-22-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh that sounds very painful. Please do get it checked out as soon as you are able - eyes are so important! Let us know what the doctor says and lots of luck;)

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 06:03 AM
Well I just now got back from the ER. My nurse was so cute! :D hehe Anyways, like I suspected I have a corneal abrasion. The reason it was so blurry was because the cut is right over my pupil. He numbed my eye which helped the pain for a bit. It's coming back now but he gave me a few percocets (sp?) to help the pain. I have soome Erythromycin ointment that I have to put in my eye four times a day for four days and the doctor said it should heal up just fine.

I just knew he had cut me because when Ewok attacked me he cut my cornea too, so I knew how it felt. It's just weird having a goopy eye LOL! So all in all the doc said I should be fine, and if it doesn't get better in two days he gave me a number for an Opthamologist in town. My vision is just so blurry! :( And ya, the pain is coming back now.

sammy101
11-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Ouch!:eek: How long does that take to heal?? I hope you get better soon!;)

Samantha Puppy
11-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Ugh. My eyes started to water as I read this. I hate eye injuries. I almost died having to give Sushi ointment on his eye when he had conjunctivitis. Blah.

Glad it's nothing too serious and you'll be back to your old self soon!

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks! It should take about 4 days. It doesn't hurt as bad today but is defininitely still irritated. :rolleyes:

buckner
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Ouch! I hope you heal up fast. I couldn't imagine that pain.. makes me cringe just at the thought of it.

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 07:10 PM
LOL, ya it's not too pleasent that's for sure! :p