PDA

View Full Version : If you were my TV remote....

DogLover9501
11-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Where would you be?? :p

Has anyone ever lost a TV remote? I've looked ALL over my bedroom for it! In the pillows, blankets, hamper..etc!

Where was a weird place that you left/put your remote? :eek:

Thanks!

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
Where would you be?? :p

Has anyone ever lost a TV remote? I've looked ALL over my bedroom for it! In the pillows, blankets, hamper..etc!

Where was a weird place that you left/put your remote? :eek:

Thanks!

I found mine in Tango's kennel once:rolleyes::p have you looked under the furniture or in between the cushions?

flamepony12
11-20-2004, 11:44 PM
-rests head on chin- um, on top of the tv? :p usually what happens to my is i look ALLL over the place and then it ends up in the most obvious one. :p

buckner
11-20-2004, 11:44 PM
I was once going through the boxes in my closet, and that same night I, for the life of me, could not find my remote. I looked and looked for hours, and finally I went to my dad complaining "Daaaaad, I can't find my remote." He said "How much will you give me if I go in there for 5 minutes and find it?" And I said "How much do you want?" He said "20 bucks." He marched right in my room, to my closet, pulled out the first box and said "Here you go."

Goodness, that was the biggest waste of 20 bucks.

I don't really have any advice on where to look... I'm not so good with that stuff. For now, just change the channel by getting up off the couch and press the buttons on the tv. When you least expect it, you'll find it. I always do... I've had that motto since I lost that 20 bucks.

flamepony12
11-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by buckner

Goodness, that was the biggest waste of 20 bucks.

that gave me a good laugh. :p :D

GoldenRetrLuver
11-20-2004, 11:56 PM
The remote for the T.V. in my room has been missing for the past week lol. I'm too lazy to get up and look for it. :p

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 01:27 AM
The craziest place.. The refrigerator:rolleyes: *might wanna check freezer too* LOL

BitsyNaceyDog
11-21-2004, 07:39 AM
The craziest place I ever left my remote was in the bathtub. I have a garden tub and was taking a bubble bath one day. I had opened the double doors to my bedroom so that I could relax in the tub and watch a movie on the tv. Well, I guess I got too relaxed because I had the remote in my hand as I let my hand go into the water. It took me a few minutes to realize what I had done. After the remote had dried out it did work, but not too well. :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
11-21-2004, 07:53 AM
I dunno, but just last night, I caught Malone in the very act of carrying off the remote to some odd corner to chew on. :eek: I'm glad I caught him, 'cause who knows WHERE it would have ended up. :rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
11-21-2004, 07:54 AM
Don't know about your remote, but at our house we'd be looking for Lacey! :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Oops, I am the master imisplacing objects :rolleyes: . We found the remote once in the laundry basket, and on another time; it was in the refridgerator, behind the margarine box :eek: :p

lovemyshiba
11-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties
The craziest place.. The refrigerator:rolleyes: *might wanna check freezer too* LOL

That was my suggestion as well!!!:p

Check your yard too--we got a new cable box 2 weeks ago, and the very next day I found Jada out in the yard with the new remote....grrrrrr:mad:

GraciesMommy
11-21-2004, 11:00 AM
I was walking out to go to work and turning everything off and picked up my purse and put the remote in there..noticed it when I got to work..

slleipnir
11-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Good question, I lost mine months ago...maybe ever a year by now T-T I miss you controller! I used to tie a string to it so I wouldn't lose it. WHY did I take it off? WHY?!

rizzy
11-21-2004, 12:47 PM
LOL! Great stories on finding your remotes! Wouldnt it be awesome if someone invented a remote finder? It would really come in handy sometimes. I cant think of any really wierd places I've found the remote, probably in the kitchen or bathroom:rolleyes: :p :D

Uabassoon
11-21-2004, 12:52 PM
I remember once when I was still living with my parents we all went nuts searching for the remote, my dad kept accusing me of losing it but I know I hadn't lost it. Finally we found it it my moms purse! She thought it was her calculator :)

Corinna
11-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Try the fridge I fixed a snack once had it in my hand . Well I will never be allowed to live that one down.

Freckles
11-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by rizzy
Wouldnt it be awesome if someone invented a remote finder?
Like THIS? (http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productdetails.jhtml?sku=SI676FUN&pcatid=20&catid=2008#tabs)

Randi
11-21-2004, 02:08 PM
First step: You need to think! What could have happened when you were standing there with it. :confused: Perhaps the telephone rang and you put it down somewhere close to where that was. Or the doorbell rang, and you had to put it down on the way out there. Perhaps, you even had dinner on and had to go save it from burning. :eek: You could have put it on a shelf on the way to ANY place in the house, or it could be buried under some couch or even sitting in the bathroom!! ..... I hope it's not in the freezer!

cookieluver7
11-21-2004, 03:23 PM
lol that is too funny, but i can definatly relate to it. check under the cushions of your couch and or chair. ive lost my remote before, but that was where it ended up. good luck finding it!

Equus217
11-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Haha....I found mine in the car once. I guess I turned off the TV leaving the house and just walked right out with it!:rolleyes:

DogLover9501
11-21-2004, 11:18 PM
LOL Those were some funny stories ;)

I still can't find that remote anywhere :rolleyes:

Shelteez2
11-22-2004, 01:23 AM
LOL Those were some funny stories ;)

I still can't find that remote anywhere :rolleyes:

When you do find it you should teach Jasper to find and retrieve it on command.... ;)

DogLover9501
11-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
When you do find it you should teach Jasper to find and retrieve it on command.... ;)

LOL He would probably try to eat it :p :o :rolleyes:

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 10:27 AM
I once found my remote at work in my top desk drawer. I have no clue why it was there, but it was funnier than heck and then one time Lee threw it away.:rolleyes:

sammy101
11-22-2004, 10:31 AM
i found mine under a pillow once,in my bed:eek: dunno what i was doing,Also i found it in the bathroom a few times:p

Shelteez2
11-22-2004, 11:43 AM
LOL He would probably try to eat it :p :o :rolleyes:

Hmmm maybe he did and you might "find" it in the backyard?! :eek:

LOL

RICHARD
11-22-2004, 11:58 AM
The remote in the fridge isn't as strange as it seems.

My brother lost his keys.....He had to go to the dealership to get the remote/car alarm chip changed, he also had to purchase two new clickers.

He found the keys when he went to the fridge to get the corn he placed there.......

You know, the bag of corn that was left on the keys he had in his hand....

I do have the most awesome remote control finder....:D

DogLover9501
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
Hmmm maybe he did and you might "find" it in the backyard?! :eek:

LOL

:eek: LOL :D