PDA

View Full Version : Please, Please pray for my family... update on my dad.. please read

Toby's my baby
11-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, as some of you know, my dad was sick a while back, and I had PT members pray for him. I posted that my dad was getting better, I guess not...

My dad started getting better, but continued to sell out his business. Today my dad looked really sick, and I need PT prayers again.

I went to a website (2cutepups) that my twin sister is a member on, and I just wanted to see what she had posted about my dad... this is a quote of what she had posted :

Ok, its about this young girl with a sick dad, she didn't think he was very sick.

The dad calls the girl into the room and tells her to sit down on the couch where he is lying. She sits down and he tells her that she means everything to her and to remember that. He says that if anything ever happens to him to remember that. The girl says ok, and almost starts crying. Then the dad started to cry...

The really sad part about this story was the girl was me (my sister)...i don't know waht to do and i am so scared...

Please god don't let my dad die, he is still young, I can't get by without him!

- Thanks to all the Pet Talk members that have been praying/are praying for my dad. I hope he can get better. Thanks for all your prayers.

:(

guineapiggie13
11-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh, I will be praying for your did for sure. That true story is sooo sad. It must be tough going through a time like this.:( I'll be praying...

trayi52
11-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way. Sending lots of {{{{Hugs}}}} your way too.

Willie

popcornbird
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Oh...:( I have tears in my eyes after reading this. I'm not sure if I ever saw your previous post about your dad...I don't recall seeing it. I will definitely be praying for your dad and family. Hope he will get well soon, and recover completely.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Toby's my baby
11-13-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone!

My sister is really mad at me right now to, because I got injured and I cant play basketball for a while and she thinks thats all I care about is myself. She wouldn't tell me what my dad said to her, so I had to do some investigating. I thought I would find something about him getting better... :(

My mom was talking to one of her co-workers on the phone a little bit ago and she said, "Yeah, Scott (my dad) isnt any better, he is laying on the couch dieing." I almost started crying, I am not ready to loose him.

Thanks again for all your prayers

-Beth

lovemyshiba
11-13-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your father isn't doing well.
He will be in my prayers.

Toby's my baby
11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
*sigh*.... I just walked down stairs to tell my mom that my sister had called and my dad was sitting on the couch all dressed up :confused: I asked him why he had his nice clothes on and he looked down and all he said was, "I am going to the hospital."

He has no appointment to go, and he hates going to the doctor, would someone PLEASE tell me whats going on!

(sorry, venting) :o

slick
11-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Beth: Daddy's are very special and I can certainly understand your concern and fear. I'm not sure of your circumstances but can you go and see him?
Prayers on the way.

Toby's my baby
11-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm not sure of your circumstances but can you go and see him?

Sorry, I don't get what you mean? I still live at home, if thats what you mean.

carole
11-13-2004, 01:39 PM
Oh dear Beth sweetheart, my heart goes out to you, I don't know how old you are, and maybe your family are trying to protect you, but they should let you now what is going on, the turmoil you feel is so because you are fustrated not knowing what is really happening with your Dad.

Has you dad been sick a lot recently and had lots of tests done, or is this a sudden thing?

I sure hope you Dad is going to be ok and can recover soon, my thoughts are with you right now, and I wish I could give you a big HUG and tell you all will be well.

Let us know how he is doing and lean on us anytime you need help, we are all here for you. TAKE CARE..

Karen
11-13-2004, 01:40 PM
I think she means visit him at the hospital if they make him stay. What's his sickness?

Tina
11-13-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm so sorry about your dad.:( He will be in my thoughts & prayers.

ramanth
11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Prayers for you dad sent. *hugs*

tatsxxx11
11-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Beth, what's wrong with your Daddy??? I remember him not being well...his back? We all know how very special daddies are and it's breaking my heart, hearing how upset and frightenend you are:( :(:( I hope your Mom will sit you down and explain things to you and help you understand what's going on. We're here for you Beth; you're not alone. Hopefully you can go see your Dad and maybe you'll feel better. Keeping your Dad in my prayers, Beth. Sending you a big hug too. Love, Sandra

Toby's my baby
11-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks everyone, for all your prayers!

We went to town today, and I told my mom when my dad wasn't in the car that he had told me that he was going to the hospital. She looked at me weird and said that he wasn't going anywhere. On the way home, my dad said, "I dont want to go home." My mom said, "Well, where do you want to go? There is no chance in h*** that I am taking you to the hospital here. (our hospital isn't the greatest) my dad just said, well, I dont want to go home. We ended up going to the hospital here anyways because we can't go to the other hospital about 50 miles away without a referal. My mom, sister, and I waited in the ER waiting room for about 2 hours while the doctors ran the same tests on him on Wednesday, the last time he went to the ER. The doctor said there was nothing wrong with him and that it is all in his head...

So I have a question for that doctor... "him hardly being able to breath is just in his head?"

When we were walking into the hospital my dad said "I think today is THE DAY" like he was planning on dieing today?

-thanks for all your prayers

--Beth

countrycowgirl
11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
oh Beth I know what it feels like right now my father is sitting in a hospitial bed at M.D. Anderson...sick!....I totally understand what you feel like ... my thoughts and prayers will be with you ...{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}} everything will be okay

Corinna
11-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Beth I'm praying for you and your family . I think you need to talk to someone. Do you have a councilor at school or a pastor at your church. Maybe some one knows and can help you to know and understand.
We here all love you and care know we are allways here.

Toby's my baby
11-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
Beth I'm praying for you and your family . I think you need to talk to someone. Do you have a councilor at school or a pastor at your church. Maybe some one knows and can help you to know and understand.
We here all love you and care know we are allways here.

Thank you, yes we do have a councilor at our school, good idea! My friends ecpecially Emma (Dogz) and my friend Kylie are being really helpful and we can call them when ever if we need someone to talk to, I know I can always talk to someone from PT too :D.

Thanks

-Beth

KYS
11-14-2004, 11:41 AM
It breaks my heart that you and your family are
going through this.
Your dad is in my prayers.

(((hugs)))

Karen

Toby's my baby
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

All of the PetTalk prayers are slowly, but surely helping...
My dad is, VERY slowly getting better, I just hope things will keep going uphill and not fall back down *again*

Thanks everyone!

-Beth

Dogz
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your dad is doing, Beth.

It's all in his head? Ugh, what a wonderful town we live in. :(
I hate to hear that your dad is unwell; I think of you and your family every minute.

I'm praying that your dad gets well, and that the hospital will give Scott a referral.
*hugs* I am here for you no matter what.

Dogz
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
I just called your house, Beth.

How is your dad feeling? He answered the phone, and he sounded pretty good - to me anyway. :confused:

Maybe I said "Hi" a little too happily? I just wanted to talk to him for hours, I want to know everything that is wrong. I want to do whatever I can to help. PLEASE, let me know if there is absolutely anything I can do.

More good vibes.

green_chameleon_girl
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Im sending all my prayers from me and all the pets! I hope he gets better as soon as possible!!!!!!!!