PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki or Kia??

Tina
11-12-2004, 12:18 PM
My husband and I will hopefully be buying a new vehicle in January. Well not a brand new one but new to us. :)

My in-laws have a 98' Suzuki Sidekick that they are willing to sell us for $4000. It has 73,000 miles on it, 5- speed, 4 door, 4X4.

We also have been looking at Kia Sportage and Jeep Cherokee.

For some reason Rob is wanting to buy his parents Sidekick really bad. Though he says it will be mine.:rolleyes: He has already told his parents we want it.:mad:

I told him I'd rather look around some before we go and buy their car.

I know there is probably nothing better then that but geesh I wanted to look around before getting the first thing that looks good.

Don't get me wrong they take great care of their vehicles but I want to look before buying the first thing comes along.:(

Tina
11-12-2004, 12:31 PM
I found me a truck
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/10/20/167/102/1072288028.167102258.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

sammy101
11-12-2004, 03:35 PM
I would prefer a Kia! And Jeep Cherokees are GREAT cars.We had one for almost 11 years and we never had a problem with it.;) We now have a Jeep Liberty and its a great car,we also have a Mercedes C-320,but that might be out of your pricing

I would recommend a Jeep Cherokee,and its good for doggies to ride in too;) :p

slleipnir
11-12-2004, 03:38 PM
I've heard Kia's are crappy cars...lol o_o

Tina
11-12-2004, 03:40 PM
I like the Kia's better also but guess I'll have to listen to my hubby some.

I looked at some Ford Explorers too and found some nice one's in our price range.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Suzuki's really. My parents have had two already. A Sidekick and now the have a Suzuki XL-7.

I don't think a Mercedes C-320, would be in our price range.:(

Tina
11-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I've heard Kia's are crappy cars...lol o_o

Yeah I heard that also. Hubby said that would be the last thing we buy.

catnapper
11-12-2004, 03:53 PM
My SIL has a Suzuki and said it was the best car she ever had. I'd rather buy it from them, because you KNOW the car's history, and how well they maintained it. With another car, you never know what the story is. I traded my 2000 Pontiac in when it was only 2 years old because there was a wiring problem, heating problem, antannae problem, alternator problem... oh the list goes on. Of course I never told the dealer who I traded the car in for that those issues were with me since the day I bought the car. Litterally, I had 77 miles on it when I broke down on the side of the road and had to have AAA tow me. :rolleyes:

sammy101
11-12-2004, 03:58 PM
We bought our Mercedes as a used,but the only difference was that it was a Demo.So only the people at the dealer drove it.
Is there a carmax where you live? thats a great place to look for used cars:)

www.carmax.com

moosmom
11-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I bought a 2001 Kia Sephia. So far, the fuel pump has been replaced and the engine block, which was cracked, was also replaced. I spoke to the service manager after the cracked engine block was repaired and he said, and I quote, "That's why they have such a great warranty, 10 years, 100,000 miles, because they're lousy cars."

Take it for what it's worth. I love my car. Would I buy another one, nope.

My suggestion, after speaking with friends who own a Subaru Outback, is to check them out. They swear by their car!!

Good luck. I HATE looking for a new car.