PDA

View Full Version : Fawnie will be going to her furrrever home on Wednesday...

moosmom
11-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Fawnie's picture was posted on the Maine Coone Alliance Rescue Network. I got a call from a woman in Michigan whose elderly friend just lost her female maine coon. The male coon she has, Sherman, is very lonely and walks around the house meowing and looking for her.

We decided that Fawnie would make a great companion!!! So, Wednesday they are coming over to pick her up. Fawnie will be living in Ann Arbor with her new boyfriend Sherman and her hooman.

I'm so happy for her!! I'll be able to keep tabs on her.

Speaking of new homes...Shortie will be living with my friend Kathy in Wyandotte, so I'll get to visit anytime I want. Kathy's daughter is going to try and place Carly the American Curl. She says she'll place easily since she's a purebred.

Doogie, as you know, will be heading to Florida on Thursday with Duke and Dukedogsmom.

Which means my fur family will be reduced to Mollie Rose, Maya Linn, MooShoo (of course!!!) and LilEli.

Please, don't be angry. It was very necessary, even though I'm going to stay in Michigan for the time being. It's a long story of which I'd rather not go into right now. But I promise you, it's for the best, and I would do it if I didn't have to. :(

prechrswife
11-08-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm glad you have been able to find good homes for your kitties. It is a sad thing, but sometimes we have to do what is necessary. It sounds like you have found the perfect spot for Fawnie.

Karen
11-08-2004, 05:29 PM
It is nice to know all the kitties who are leaving you are going to what sound like (and in Doogie's case what we KNOW will be) great homes where they will be loved and needed.

rg_girlca
11-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh Donna, please know that no one is angry at you. You have been going through a tough time and you are doing your best to make things better. Until someone has walked in your shoes, no one is going to judge you on the decisions that you have to make.
We know that you want nothing but the best for your furbabies and if this is how it has to be, so be it.

It sounds like Fawnie and Shortie are being placed in some loving homes and i'm glad that you are going to be able to keep tabs on them. I'm sure Carly will find a loving home also.

Of course we know that Doogie will be spoiled rotten by KAK.:D

Take care of yourself and I hope and pray that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for you very shortly.

Laura's Babies
11-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Good luck to you and your babies.

Corinna
11-08-2004, 11:21 PM
I know its hard but you are doing the best for all the sweeties. If i lived closer and had 1 less kitty I would take one . I hope things start looking up for you soon we are all praying for you to start having such. {{{hug}}}}

NoahsMommy
11-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Donna,

My heart aches for you. :( But its also happy that you've found the best homes and you'll be able to keep tabs on them.

Don't feel bad and don't let anyone else make you feel bad for what you've had to do. You can only do what you can and if there are too many fuzzies to support...well, it just doesn't work.

Take care, sweetie. Give those furkids lots of kisses from me. :)

shais_mom
11-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Please, don't be angry. It was very necessary, :(

you said it right there. YOU know you're situation and YOU know you're cats best. I just wish I could have helped you. I just think that you need to put a stipulation in that if the people have a computer - they need to Join PT!!!
:D
My heart hurts for you Donna, it can't be easy. I know you love you're babies so much.

If I didn't have Kloe (and Keegan) I would have offered to take Carly or Shorty, but I would have worried about them to having to live with a huge dog at this time of their lives, so I might not have been a good canidate anyway.

You will be in my prayers Donna, you are so brave!

Lilith Cherry
11-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Moos-mom, why would anyone be angry? You are a very loving cat-mom doing what you think is best for your loved cats! Right now you are in unfortunate circumstances and had to make some difficult choices. I think you made them admirably! Hugs from Lilith

moosmom
11-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone! That's why I love this site. You guys are always so supportive.

I have to say one thing though. At times I've been very critical of people to have gotten rid of their pets. Although I stand by my anger at people who say "they don't want them anymore", I can understand the situation like mine. If I have offended anyone by my outspokenness, I truly apologize. I guess you DO have to walk in one's shoes to get the true understanding of why they do what they do.

If I had known then what I know now, I never would've taken in so many cats. But I'm glad I had the chance to love them. At least I know they are ALL going to good homes. That alone is peace of mind.

You guys are the GREATEST!!! I love you all.

((((hugs))))

catnapper
11-09-2004, 07:21 AM
This is great news! I can't imagine being mad at you... you were doing everything in heart for the cats - who can fault that?

I know its breaking your heart to see them go, but hard times call for this. Whenever you get back on your feet and are in a great place with a great job and security, you can have as many cats as you want, but for now, love your lot of 4 and thank God you have that many blessings.

catlover4ever
11-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Donna, what wonderful news. We understand that sometimes very hard decisions have to be made....no one should judge a person until they have been in that person's shoes. At least you know in your heart that you have done everything possible and that they are going to wonderful homes.

catmandu
11-09-2004, 08:33 AM
That is wonderful news,and we are sure ,taht Sherman,and Fawnie,are going,to be the Best,of Cat Friends!

catland
11-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Don't be hard on yourself. It sounds like you've put in alot of effort to finding good homes. You didn't just dump them off at a shelter (or worse :eek: )

I'm sure it will seem a bit lonely without some of your sweeties.

Take care of yourself now.

Samantha Puppy
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Good for Fawnie! I hope she is very happy in her furrever home with Sherman and her hooman. :)

On a coincidental note, my parents are also owned by a Maine Coon named Sherman.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d728b3127cce8e73de8a15760000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3db07b3127cce88c4ec9359580000001610

And my favorite picture of him...
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce31b3127cce8f83a9123b7a0000001610

:)

Barbara
11-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Donna I think it is very courageous to let your cat kids go!
I am sure you know your situation best and it will make a better start for you and the others. Give scritchies to all of them :)

Vio&Juni
11-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Donna, it's good that you could find good homes for the kitties. Only you can decide what's best for them.

kuhio98
11-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Donna: You are a great meowme for finding Fawnie a good home. Please encourage her new parents to join Pet Talk so we can follow Fawnie's adventures. Hugs to you!

carole
11-09-2004, 01:49 PM
I am pleased to hear that you will beable to see your fur-babies from time to time, as I know this must be extremely hard for you to do, and that will help you some.

Yes sometimes we have to walk in ones shoes, to really know what it is all about, it learns us to be more compassionate to others in the long run.

Good luck with everything.:)

kimlovescats
11-09-2004, 04:08 PM
(((HUGS))) Donna .. I know this has to be very hard for you and I don't think any of us would dare stand in judgment of you. We all hit hard times and are forced to make changes .... thank you for finding loving homes for your babies.

Kim;)