PDA

View Full Version : Chocolatepuppy, how is Lacey getting on?

cloverfdx
11-05-2004, 08:49 AM
I was just wondering how sweet Lacey is doing after her second surgery? I hope all is well and the "Popping" sound has stopped.

{{Hugs}}

chocolatepuppy
11-05-2004, 03:38 PM
cloverfdx Thanks for asking. She just got her staples out yesterday. She's fine, getting around well, still on a leash outside for a few more months, but she is still popping. It isn't all the time, only when she turns or moves quickly. The vet says she'll be fine. We will give it a few weeks and see if the popping stops or at least improves but we don't think it should be doing that. So we will then have to take her to someone who knows what they're doing. If she has to pop some the rest of her life that's fine but we want to be sure she's ok, not in pain and that it's not deteriorating due to whatever is causing it.
I'm sorry I don't keep updating but I just feel like this is the never ending story. :)

tatsxxx11
11-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks so much for the happy update! I'm so glad to hear that Lacey is doing so well! Keep up the good work, sweet girl and Chocolatepuppy, DO keep us updated... inquring minds and hearts want to know:) Hugs to you Lacey!

chocolatepuppy
11-05-2004, 07:33 PM
http://www.headporting.net/staples.jpg
Here's the only decent picture of Lacey's leg I could get, she goes too wild when I try to get a pic of it. To the left is from her first surgery and the shiny line was her staples from her second surgery. This was taken a couple days after her surgery.

cloverfdx
11-06-2004, 01:53 AM
*Ouch* Poor Lacey. I am so glad to hear she is getting around well now though, although the popping is still there. Thankyou for the update i will continue to keep Lacey in my thoughts and prayers, for a full recovery.

{{Hugs}}

chocolatepuppy
11-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Thanks tatsxxx11 and cloverfdx, we just have to give it a little time and keep our fingers and paws crossed, along with lots of prayers! :)

cloverfdx
11-06-2004, 06:17 AM
All fingers, paws and even claws are crossed for you here. :)

LorraineO
11-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Oh,, ouch,,, that looked painful,,, Weare happy to hear its going fairly well....... Lucy and Merlin send thier love....

OH,, and NEVER apoligise for the updates!!!! We all care here you know!! Updates are GOOD THINGS!!!!

K9soul
11-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh poor Lacey :(. I'm glad to hear she's doing better, it just looks painful! Prayers, hugs and kisses go out to you sweet Lacey :)

chocolatepuppy
11-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Lacey says thanks to all of you! I'm hoping and praying that she just gets better and doesn't have to see another vet. We'll give it a little time. :)