PDA

View Full Version : I have a job interview!!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-28-2004, 11:16 AM
:D Alison called back this morning, and told me she would like to give me an interview tonight at 5! I'm pretty excited!!

We talked about Dick Cheney coming to that area, and how busy it would be, and we laughed together, so I'm hoping it won't be so awkward. She sounds really nice. :D

Anyway, the main point of this post is to ask you guys what kind of questions she will ask me. If you could list some you've had in past interviews it would help me a lot. But I don't want to like... have things memorized so I sound like a robot, but I want to have a slight idea of what to expect. I want this to be as easygoing and painless as possibe. :p

Any ideas/questions are greatly appreciated!

(If you're wondering why I'm making such a big deal out of this, it's cuz it's my first job, and I want to do things right! Sorry if I'm annoying, I'm just excited!! :D)

trayi52
10-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Megan, I don't know what kind of questions they will ask, but I do want to wish you lots of good luck!

Willie:)

emily_the_spoiled
10-28-2004, 11:24 AM
First of all congratulations on getting the job interview!! The first step is always to get your foot in the door.

Regarding the types of questions you might be asked, part of it depends upon the position you are applying for. I know that I had a phone interview this week that asked things like:
-Tell me about yourself
-What do I want in a job
-What kind of work do I like to do and what project have I enjoyed working on the most.

Generally people ask stuff like
-where do you see youself in XX years
-tell me about yourself
-what skills do you bring that will help the company

Spend a little time doing some research on the company because they will give you an opportunity at the end to ask questions and you always want to have a couple prepared.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things go :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks! I hope I can just be myself and get through this okay. :) It's raining... ugh... is that a sign of things to come? Lol... :p

molucass
10-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Good luck, Megan!
:D

binka_nugget
10-28-2004, 07:35 PM
I just had an interview today too! :D

Since it's already past 5, I guess there's no use in telling you questions. I hope everything went well!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Everything went really well. She said she liked a lot of my answers to the questions very much. The only thing she was concerned about was my schedule. With tutoring and all, and being in band, she said she doesn't want all the cashiers that are in band leaving the same night at the same time. My dad keeps reassuring me and telling me not to worry... *sigh* She said she'd call back in a week. I guess we'll see what happens. :(

Kiia
10-28-2004, 08:26 PM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for ya ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks. What she said about my schedule just made my stomach SINK... gosh. I'm so nervous. :(