PDA

View Full Version : Panosteitis

help!
10-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Was hoping someone may have info on this disease (panosteititis). We just found out our 7 month old german shepherd (hercules) has. All i really know is that is is not life threatening and very painful, but we need to wait it out.the vet put him on scripts ( antiinflamitories) but what can we do for the pain is is going through...... today he could barely hold himself up right without his legs giving in on him.

RottiMommy49
10-19-2004, 05:39 AM
http://www.bigleegs.com/ourgsd_l/pano.htm

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your baby is in so much pain. I will be praying it is short lived and he doesn't suffer too long. There is an article on Pano that I found. Hope it tells you something different than the vet told you. Good luck

Deb:)

pitc9
10-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I have never heard of that. (I'll have to do some reading to find out what it is)

I hope you find something that helps him!!!

I would LOVE to see more pictures of your little one!!!

Logan
10-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Our Honey had it when she was growing. She limped and it scared me to death! They do grow out of it, I promise. I hope your baby will get over this quickly. I wonder if some massage, and perhaps a buffered aspirin would help? Definitely talk with your vet, first, before you do that, but it might help with the pain. I hope so!!

Logan

help!
10-19-2004, 03:41 PM
i guess we are just waiting it out and apparently hoping the antiinflamitories help a lot 9vet said not to give him anything else). He must be feeling a bit better today as he decided to chase the cat under the bed and wait for him to come out again to chase him back under once again. we are giving him couch privilages at the moment as i think it would feel a bit better on his bones. I just hope this is shorter rather than longer for him.

KYS
10-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Sending lots of hugs that hercules will be ok
soon.

Logan
10-20-2004, 09:06 AM
He is so handsome!! I love the picture of him on the couch, next to the baby!!! :)

Sudilar
10-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Hercules is adorable (and so is the baby)!!!! Hope the Pano subsides quickly!

pipersmom
10-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Herc is so regal and handsome. I pray he feels better soon.