PDA

View Full Version : Update on Cincy

Cincy'sMom
10-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Off I went to the vet this morning, with a littel cup a pee...

Cincy stilhas blood and bacteria in her urine :( The vet has put her on a stronger antibiotic for a week, and we do another recheck in 2 weeks.

I really don't know what to think may be going on with out little girl. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to him more about causes/traeatment.long term affects. Do we need to do an ultrasound and see what is going on with her organs? Do we let it go two more weeks? I just want to make sure we are doing enough.

On a positive...she lost about 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks...the new food seems to be helping!!

tatsxxx11
10-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Poor baby girl:( Did the vet mention anything about bladder stones? She would need an xray or ultrasound to determine that. Gosh, she's had this infection for some time now:( Does she seem be in any pain when she pees? If she still still having bloody urine after a week, I'd definitely give the vet a call. I hope and pray she feels lots better soon. Good girl Cincy, dropping the pounds:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-05-2004, 05:55 PM
;)

Well... SOME Gud News! :)

At least it wasn't ALL bad!

URI will hopefull pass with the change of meds.

Is she feeling / acting OK?
Other than possibly acting *STARVED*? :p

HANG IN THERE, Cincy!! :D

RobiLee
10-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Awww, Cincy, I sure do hope all this gets cleared up real soon and you are all better. On a good note you did lose a few pounds, way to go girl!

Now, you make sure you are being a good girl and doing everything the dr. and mommy tells you too. We want you all better!

Hugs...Robin :)

Cincy'sMom
10-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Got some more info from the vet's office...

The 1st time they analyzed her urine they found struvite crystals, the most common seen crystals, and can lead to bladder stones. This time they saw no crystals, however there was an increase in the number blood cells, both white and red. The white indicates a lingering infection, which is why they are trying a stronger, more brad spectrum (fights more types of infections/bacteria's) then previously. The RBC's do not mean she is loosing blood, but 1) that blood is being sent to the area to help fight infections and 2)that there is an irritation or inflammation. She is not "bleeding" as if she was cut, but it is more a presence of blood on cellular level.
They felt that from what they were seeing if a fairly common infection, treatable with the medications. They like to give it a few weeks for the meds and the diet adjustment to work before they go to more extensive, expensive measures. They feel two weeks is a long enough time to see some of this (and they have seen improvement), but not enough to delay treatment, although nothing they have seen indicates a more serious issue, then the crystals, which have been eliminated with the change in diet and the meds, or the infection now, that they new antibiotic should take care of. If, in 2 weeks there is still a problem, that is when they would think it appropriate to start looking at ultrasound/X-rays, more extensive blood test, etc. depending on what that analysis looks like.

Cincy'sMom
10-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
;)

Is she feeling / acting OK?
Other than possibly acting *STARVED*? :p

HANG IN THERE, Cincy!! :D

She acts just fine. That poor dog has been through so much, and never acts like she feels bad. Even when she was sick in April and vomitting, she still wanted to play ball. She is one tough little pup!

She does act alittle starved though...when she thinks we are't looking, she tries to steal the other dogs food...but it doesn't work!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Aw, Cincy, sweetie, glad to see you have improved but you need to get lots better or it's back to the white coats. Keep taking your medicine and eating your new food and feeling lots better.

My cats have all paws crossed for you (they hope you don't mind some feline well wishes) and I have prayers heading heavenward for you!

LorraineO
10-06-2004, 12:46 PM
thank you for keeping us posted on cincy,,, Glad to hear there was a weight gain!! Hang in there lil one!

pitc9
10-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Thank you for the update!!!

Hang in there Cincy, I hope the new meds work!!
Keep up the good work with the weight loss too!

:D

slick
10-06-2004, 04:31 PM
More prayers on the way for sweet Cincy. Sure hope these new meds work.

Cincy'sMom
10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

My cats have all paws crossed for you (they hope you don't mind some feline well wishes) and I have prayers heading heavenward for you!

Of course we don't mind the feline good wishes...or any other kind for that matter!!

Thanks everyone!!

Logan
10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
We've got those paws and claws crossed, Amy, hoping that Cincy will do better on these meds and be back to her old self soon!!!! :)

Hug her for me, please.

Logan

tatsxxx11
10-06-2004, 05:58 PM
C'mon meds, get working! Thanks for the detailed update:) Keeping all paws and claws and fingers crossed that this round does the trick! Hugs to you Cincy:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-06-2004, 08:29 PM
The girls and I are sending good thoughts and hugs to Cincy--we hope she feels better real soon!

Sudilar
10-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Hope those meds start working soon! Get well quick!

captain
10-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Oh Cincy - you will soon be a svelt sex bomb of a girl!!!
3lbs ............. Ooooooo, think I might have to try that food too :p

Hope the antibiotics work speedily darlin girl!
{{{{hugs}}}}

Rachel
10-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Oh, don't you wish they could talk so we could know what symptoms they are experiencing? Poor Cincy, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Poor Mom, this worry is probably worse for you than Cincy's medical problems are for her. :(

lovemyshiba
10-07-2004, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry about Cincy's continuing problems, poor girl. Although she probably doesn't even realize it, it's left to us to worry about them.
On the bright side, good news about the 3 pounds--the food must really be working. My vet recommended Science Diet for Riley when he was having his, um, poopy problems, and although I didn't like the ingredients, I went with her advice, and he's much better now.

Hoping those meds do their trick, and soon!!
:)

KYS
10-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Sending get well wishes to Cincy and hope the meds
work.

cloverfdx
10-07-2004, 10:14 AM
I hope the new meds start to work and Cincy is feeling much better soon. What great news about the weight loss, way to go Cincy girl. :)

shais_mom
10-09-2004, 01:39 AM
OH Cincy Girl!
what a baddddd friend I am!!! I forget about doggie health and I missed your thread!
I hope you are feeling better, sweetie!!!
YEAA for you on the weight loss!!

sabies
10-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Hope you are feeling better Cincy. I don't visit dog health too often and didn't realize you weren't feeling well. Hope the medicine works for you!

Cincy'sMom
10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
We don't take Cincy in for another urinalaysis til Tuesday, but I stopped by the vet's today and had her weighed...down another 1.5 puonds!! She gone from 82.9 to 78.3 in just under 4 weeks. We are headed in the right direction!!!

lizbud
10-16-2004, 06:44 PM
That's great about the weight loss & test results so far. I hope
with another different antibiotic & a few more weeks of time,
Cincy will be doing 100% better. Good luck Cincy.:)

RottiMommy49
10-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Sending prayers that Cincy gets better very soon.
((((((Cincy))))))

Deb