PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for Killian again

Sudilar
10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Again, we need your special PT prayers for Killian. He is having an episode of Hepatic Encephalopathy. He won't eat, his eyes are glassy, he is unsteady on his feet, he is vomiting and can't hold down his meds. In the past your prayers have pulled him through some pretty scary stuff, so again I ask for help. I know that soon he will be called to RB, but I'm not ready yet and neither is Shiloh. She spent the night by his side, watching over him.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Logan
10-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Oh, Sue, I have hesitated to ask about the precious boy, Killian, in hopes that everything has been going ok, and I assume it has been up until now. Thank you for letting us know that our Pet Talk prayers are needed in earnest for your sweet boy and for his best buddy, Shiloh, and of course, his mom. We'll have to step those prayers up a notch to help pull our favorite GSD boy through this mess.

Please know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers, and if you need ANYTHING, I'm a PM or an email away.

We love you, Killian, Sue and Shiloh. A LOT!!!!!! :)

Logan

Sudilar
10-01-2004, 03:26 PM
Thank you, Logan. Just the other day I was looking at Killian and thinking...wow, he's 10.5 now and he is doing well....then this happens. Well, I do believe in the miracle of PT prayers, so I am asking. Thanks, Friends!!!

robinh
10-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I was also wondering the other day how he was, but I was afraid to ask. He's been doing so well.

Heartfelt prayers for Killian, Shiloh and for you. Having a pup with on-going health problems is hard on all of you.

Cinder & Smoke
10-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Hi God ~

It's about our GUD Buddie ~ Killian ~

He's havin a set-back - an reelee NEEDZ summa Your Speshul Help, God.

Kuld You ask GranMom fur sum *ideas* for sumpin he'd *like* to eat?
Maybe You kuld have Sister Shiloh *whispur* sum encouragment to him?

An check inna BigBook, too, God ~
Possibly there's sumpin Killi's White Coatz missed?

We know dat You're alluz lookin fur a Few Gud Angles to
add to da Staff at da Bridge ~
but his Mom an Shiloh sure need him down here onna Big Durt Ball...
Kan Ya jest gib him a *raincheck* till anudder tyme?

We ask that You Wrap Your *GodsPawz* round Killi, Shiloh,
and especially their MOM - Please gib em ALL summa
Your Godly Comfort
in their Time of Need.

We'll go home an *shine up* da Prayer Kandilz tonite,
an send anudder Prayer affore we jump onna BigBed.

THANKS fur Lissnin, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

------------- ----------- -------------

Hey Killi ~

We're ALL pullin fur ya ~~
Hope ya shake dis off an feel a lot Better - SOON!!

{{{HUGz}}} to Allua yur Fambly - and YOU!

/s/ Yur Buddies...

ChrisH
10-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh, Sue. :( {{ Hugs}}

Killi and Shiloh always included in my daily prayers and be sure that there will be extra ones said for sweet Killi boy from now.

Love
Chris

momoffuzzyfaces
Prayers on the way for Killian and Shiloh and you!
(((HUGS)))

Cincy'sMom
Poor Killian..he is such a fighter!! We will pray that he agains pulls through.

tatsxxx11
10-01-2004, 04:48 PM
I can hardly type for the tears:(:(:( Killian, you have to rally for your Mom, for sister Shiloh and for all of us. C'mon Killi Man...fight, fight, fight. We're all going to do our part, sending you all our love and praying for your recovery. Me and Cody and Star love you so much Killi. I can't bear to think of you not eating, unable to walk. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you, Killi. Remember your cheer, sweet boy??? "Killi, Killi he's our man. He can do it, we know he can!!!" Try your best sweet boy. I know, you've battled so valiantly and so long. I'm hoping you can yet again, pull out another miracle. We love you so much. Sue, I'm keeping you, Killi and Shiloh in my heart and in my prayers. We need a mriacle here and that's what I'm hoping for. Please don't leave us Killi. We love you. Aunt Sandra, Star***Shiine and Cutie Cody.

slick
10-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Prayers on the way for Killian. They have worked in the past and I just know that all these PT prayers will work another miracle.

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
I will keep him in mind and of course pray for him. I'm sorry this happened. Good luck and hope you get better! Keep us posted.:(

KYS
10-01-2004, 05:22 PM
(((((Hugs Killian))))

Many good thoughts.

Karen
10-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Prayers on the way for Killian.

lizbud
10-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Sue,

This is disturbing news about Killian,:( I will pray with all my
might for a turn around for your sweet, brave boy. Maybe there
is something else the Vet could try to get him eating again. I
pray this happens. Please keep us updated.

Corinna
10-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Its been a long while of fair health for our adorable Killi . We here at the Brubaker crew send our prayers along too.

chocolatepuppy
10-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Prayers headed your way Killian.

shais_mom
10-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I was just wondering how Killian was today. :(
Killian and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

tatsxxx11
10-02-2004, 06:30 AM
I woke up so many times last night, thinking of Killian. How is he today? Hoping for a little good news. We love you Killi.

Pam
10-02-2004, 07:25 AM
Sue I'm so sorry to read this. (((Hugs))) to you and Killian as well.

Rachel
10-02-2004, 07:28 AM
I've lost track how many times Killian has persevered and came through another crisis for the Love of his mom and sister. I think there must be some kitties running around with less than nine lives because they've lent several to Killian. Killian, I know if there is any way you can pull through another time, you will.

In the meantime, I think the Prayer Pups have articulated what is in my heart (those are some smartee pups, aren't they?) I can't do any better than repeat their plea, so I shall do just that, with all my love and sincerity.

Hannah and Tucker said for their buddy, Killian, to get better real quick. They can't stand to think of him being so sick.

LorraineO
10-02-2004, 07:44 AM
you can count on prayers from our house... please keep us posted.....

HUGS!!!

pitc9
10-02-2004, 08:24 AM
Sierra, Buddy and I have all three of you in our prayers, in our thoughts and in our hearts.

Sudilar
10-02-2004, 08:55 AM
I want to send everyone my heartfelt thanks for your prayers. I know they work because I have seen it here so many times!

Saturday update:
Things are looking up! Killi ate a tad bit of braunschweiger (in which I hid his prednisone.....which should reactivate his appetite very soon)! I upped his lactulose dosage too. His eyes look a little less glassy and he only stumbled once this morning. His urine is back to a lighter yellow (it was dark dark yellow the last few days....afraid it would be turning orange)!

Thank you so much for your prayers!!! I know they have pulled Killian through so very much. As the vet says.....Killian would have been gone a long time ago. I believe it is PT prayers that keep him here! Hugs to all!!!!!

I will update later to let you know if the pred kicks in and he eats a little more!

Thank you, thank you!!!!!

LorraineO
10-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Fantastic news indeed!!!!

ChrisH
10-02-2004, 09:57 AM
:) Sue, thanks for the heartening update.

Keeping those prayers going.

Hugs and love to all especially sweet Killi.
Chris

tatsxxx11
10-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Oh, what a relief to hear you're doing a little better, sweetheart:) Killi, Sue, you two are amazing! I know you loved that braunschweiger, Killian:D The prayers and good thoiughts continue...:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star:)

lovemyshiba
10-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Glad to hear the good news this morning.
Of course you all will remain in my prayers, I want dear Killian to pull through and be healthy again for his mommy and dear sister Shiloh.

Rachel
10-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Just checking in on Killian and was rewarded with the good news that things are looking up a bit. Each day with Killian is precious.

anna_66
10-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Oh Sue, I am so glad to hear that Killian is doing better. I've been thinking about you all quite a bit lately.
There are so many things I'd like to say right now, but I can't for the tears.
Big hugs for all of you.

lizbud
10-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I'm, so happy the news is better today.:D Hang in there big
guy Killian. Your momma & sister Shiloh need you to get better
and better(and so do we:) ) We'll be thinking of you sweetie
& keep you in our prayers.

pitc9
10-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Glad to hear!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Just checking in on Killian and was rewarded with the good news that things are looking up a bit. Each day with Killian is precious.

Amen to that Rachel!
Prayers continuing from here !

Cinder & Smoke
10-02-2004, 06:12 PM
:)
:D

Glad yur feelin a bit better, Killian!! :)

"Braunschweiger" soundz gud...
Have anudder byte! ;)

Hey God ~ *THANKS*!!

K9karen
10-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh Sue, I always shutter when I see you start a topic in Dog Health.....
I'm glad a day has passed since I got around to catching up, since Killi boy is doing better! Words unspoken, I always pray for that marvellous, incredible boy! I hope that I can have that tenacity, strength, courage and will to live when the day comes. He is such an inspiration to pet and human alike. He is so special. Please please give him (and Shiloh) big hugs and kisses from their Aunt Karen and Cousin Logan!

wolf_Q
10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Glad to hear he's doing better! I will keep him in my thoughts!

Sudilar
10-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Thank you all, again!!

Sunday update:
Killi ate a little yesterday and was actually moving around a bit more. His eyes are brighter (no longer that blank dark stare) and wants to go out in the yard for a little sniffing. The other day he would go out and stand in the middle of the yard and just stare into space, not moving. He was up at 4 this morning with diarrhea from the food he ate, but at least he held it down that long. This morning, he ate more food and so far, it is staying in him.
I just wanted to let you all know why I get so worried about these episodes (especially one of HE). With HE, the dog either pulls out of it or goes into complete coma and usually dies all within a short time. The episode last year was when he was very close to being in a complete coma, actually he was in stage IV of HE (out of IV stages), being almost comatose (he was able to respond very slightly at some times), so now you can see why I get so worried. I believe that your prayers do help him, so I will always ask for help.
Thank you again!!!!
{{{{HUGS}}}}
PS I think those Prayer Pups have a hotline straight to God!!!!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-03-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm SOOOO glad he's feeling better, Sue! Sorry I missed this thread when you first started it.

{{hugs}} to you and Killian! :)

slick
10-03-2004, 11:10 AM
So glad that Killian is feeling better. Those PT prayers really do make a difference. Hugs to you Sue and smoochie kisses to Killian.

anna_66
10-03-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm glad to hear that Killian is still doing alright this morning. I couldn't be happier for you:)
I hope he continues to get better as the days go on.
Come on Killian boy, we're rooting for you big boy!

Many, many more hugs for you!

Corinna
10-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Glad to hear hes better again. Thank you God for hearing our pleas. Killian sure has a strong will to keep living and beating these episodes.

chocolatepuppy
10-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Glad Killian is feeling better, it is so nerve racking when one of your babies is sick! :)

tatsxxx11
10-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh Sue. You don't have to explain to us why you're worried. We all know how very serious Killian's illness is and how brave and courageous he's been through all his episodes. I know he couldn't have gotten through them without you by his side and the strength and courage you've shown us, is beyond inspirational. I hope and pray that Killi is keeping his food down today. It was so good to hear that he's improving slowly but surely. My heart ached when I read your description of him staring off into space. That's what my Jing used to do periodically when she was battling liver cancer. We are all keeping you and Killian and sister Shiloh in our thoughts and prayers. Killi, Star***Shine and Cutie Cody send their bestest pal lots of slurpy licks and say, "Get better friend!" And give him a big hug and kiss from me too:) Love, Sandra

Pam
10-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Sue thank you for updating us. I know the uneasiness you feel, even though he seems to be better. Killian was one of the first pups I "met" when I joined here. He has sure been a very special part of PT and we have all come to love and admire you and him as well for the fight he is putting up and the way you are helping him through all of this. I hope he will be around for quite some time to come. Continued prayers and (((hugs))) to you and your special boy.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Oh, Sue, I hope that Killian, get's better. I knowmthis is very hard for you and Shiloh. Poor boy. I know you love him, and we do to. I wish I cold just make him better somehow. I will keep Killian in my thoughts and in my prayers. (((HUGS))))

captain
10-04-2004, 02:27 AM
Hey Killi - hope you get better darlin boy.

Sue - {{{hugs}}} to you .... and the ever beautiful Shiloh

delidog
10-04-2004, 05:33 AM
Oh Sue & Killian,
Of course you are in our Thoughts & Prayers.....

All Paws are Prayin' for You Killian,
Get Better Soon!!!

Sudilar
10-04-2004, 07:04 AM
Pet Talk prayers have worked again!!!!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Monday update:
Killi was looking for food this morning!! He ate his full amount of food, his eyes look clear and there was a short tug of war over a stuffy this morning!!!!!! Back to normal!! Woohoo!

Hugs to you all and thanks for your prayers. Gotta go let him out now....

Pam
10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Killian you are better than the Energizer bunny. You don't run on batteries - you run on prayers! Sue I know how happy this rebound has made you because it has certainly had the same effect on us! :)

Sudilar
10-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Pam, I am sure that PT prayers work. How else can he keep pulling through all these ailments??

He is looking good again! I can't thank you all enough!!

Logan
10-04-2004, 07:56 AM
What a wonderful boy, Sue!!!! :) He's letting you know that he may get "down", but he's not ready to go anywhere!!!! :D

tatsxxx11
10-04-2004, 08:26 AM
What a wonderful way to start the day!!! Sue, eveyone here is doing a BIG happy dance in Killi's honor! Oh, what great news! Keep up the good work, big guy! The prayers continue:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

pitc9
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Yiipeee!!!!!!:D

cloverfdx
10-04-2004, 08:52 AM
I have only just seen this now but, What great news :D.

I am so glad to hear Killi is doing well.

Cinder & Smoke
10-04-2004, 09:51 AM

Hope you KEEP Feelin Better, Killi!!

ChrisH
10-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Such great news!! :D :D :D

Big hugs to all.

clara4457
10-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I have been out of town and missed this post until now, so I missed the prayers - so I am sending them up for Killians continued health and well-being.

Clara

momoffuzzyfaces
10-04-2004, 11:46 AM
A big happy THANK YOU prayer is now winging it's way heavenward from my house.
Even my cats are grinning!
Big kisses to you, sweet Killian!:D

K9soul
10-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Wonderful news!! Killian you just keep getting better sweetheart. You'll be in my prayers for continued good progress :)

lovemyshiba
10-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Wonderful!!!!
I love to come here and read that Killian is just doing better and better!!!:D

slick
10-04-2004, 12:54 PM
What happy news! Thanks for the update. :)

anna_66
10-04-2004, 04:14 PM
Such sweet news to hear:D

Kona & Oreo's mom
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
It's good to hear the good news about Killian. I'll still be thinking of him--

K9karen
10-04-2004, 11:21 PM
We love you Killi.....

captain
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
We love you Killi.....

Yes Indeed!!!!

Sudilar
10-05-2004, 08:07 AM
The LOVE and PRAYERS that Killi receives from you wonderful PTalkers is the reason why Killi is still here with us!!!!!!!
I can't thank you enough!!

Today Killi is totally back to normal. He even played with Shiloh for a short time this morning and ate all his food!!!! Woohoo! Hugs to you all!!!!

LorraineO
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
FANNNTASTIC!!!

tatsxxx11
10-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Crying happy tears:):):) We love you Killi! Sue, give the big boy a big hug for me, please:)

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Great news!!!:)

Albea
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Sue, I'm so sorry I only read your post now. It's so wonderful to know that dear Killian is recovering yet once again. Prayers are on their way for the sweet boy with the hope that he'll continue to get well quickly.
Carina and I send you hugs and wet kisses.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-05-2004, 12:06 PM
HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE!:D

RobiLee
10-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Yay! So happy to read this. Hugs for you Killian!

Robin :)