PDA

View Full Version : Hmm..ok.

slleipnir
09-30-2004, 04:19 PM
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1077471.html?menu=news.quirkies

"Couple 'raise' Cabbage Patch doll as son

A couple from the US state of Maryland have "raised" a Cabbage Patch doll as their only son for 19 years.

Pat and Joe Posey treat the 1ft doll, christened Kevin, as a human.

He goes everywhere with them, they talk to him - and he "replies" through Joe putting on his voice.

The doll has his own 1,000 sq ft playroom at the couple's home, a red doll-sized Chevrolet Corvette car, a pet dog, a full wardrobe and a £2,000 savings fund for when he goes to college.

Joe and Pat love him so much they prefer him to their real child, an adult daughter named Vicky, says The Sun.

Pat said: "With every kid that you adopt, you promise to love them and be a good parent and take care of this child. And that's what we did with Kevin." She said the doll is "easy-going, quiet and well-behaved".

Joe says the doll's favourite hobby is fishing, and father and son go on frequent trips to a pond near their home."

http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/showbiz/cabbagepatchSPL250804_450x360.jpg

o_O lol XD

Uabassoon
09-30-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm a little creeped out by that. I love my cats and treat them like my children but at least they are living breathing creatures, and they don't have a college fund!

The doll has his own 1,000 sq ft playroom at the couple's home,

My entire apartment isn't even that big!

slleipnir
09-30-2004, 04:27 PM
lmao, I know T-T I wouldn't mind being their fake child though..have my own car....all that stuff..

popcornbird
09-30-2004, 04:28 PM
*faints*

A doll as a son? A weird TOY as a SON??? LOL! That's the silliest thing I have EVER heard of.

:p

Uabassoon
09-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
*faints*

A doll as a son. LOL! That's the silliest thing I have EVER heard of.

:p

LOL I know, don't most people outgrow that phase when they are around 10? It sounds like they are still "playing house".

lovemyshiba
09-30-2004, 04:30 PM
How would you feel if you were their "real" daughter????
:eek: :eek: :eek:

These people may be a few fries short of the happy meals they treat their "son" to.

popcornbird
09-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
LOL I know, don't most people outgrow that phase when they are around 10? It sounds like they are still "playing house".

I used to play with dolls as a child, but even at that age, I still treated them like toys. I would occasionally pretend they were babies, but I was only pretending, and I was just 5 or so. That story is SO funny!!!! And people think we're weird to treat our pets as family. LOL!

slleipnir
09-30-2004, 04:35 PM
I never played with dolls. Like ever. :X I always had stuffed animals or my little ponys haha XD But yeah, they were just toys to me..-hides her real toy so no one will find out about him-

catnapper
09-30-2004, 04:35 PM
I don;t know... look at that dolls hands. They look perfectly unstained and fresh... if that doll went through all that stuff for 19 years, the hands would be at least discolored from stain removal, etc.

I know my own Cabbage Patch doll from 19 years ago was a grungy looking thing ten minutes out of the box. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the logo on his shirt to have been placed there using computer photo editing software.

Weird story, and I certanly HOPE its a fake! :eek:

slleipnir
09-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Oh I know. There is no doubt it's prob fake but it's still really funny XD

besides, he probably takes showers to keep clean ;)

Amber
09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
whoa whoa whoa!

Im very confused by this, how in the world does it talk back? They said it did, lol

Thats just not right, but whatever floats there boats. lol

primabella
09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I used to own a Cabbage Patch Kid! But he scared me a little, lol, so I stopped "being his mommy". These guys would probably get me arrested for it. o.O

Hahahaha this is crazy. Not only is it a total waste of money but they're rejecting their daughter for molded plastic.

I mean, I get that it's like, 99.9% fake but still.. :p

DogLover9501
09-30-2004, 05:15 PM
LMAO That is so creepy, yet funny.

aly
09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir

Joe and Pat love him so much they prefer him to their real child, an adult daughter named Vicky, says The Sun.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sammy101
09-30-2004, 05:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kiia
09-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Some people have too much time on their hands. ;)

caseysmom
09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
I have a teenager...that kind of kid is looking pretty good right now!

prechrswife
09-30-2004, 09:33 PM
I think my Cabbage Patch doll from childhood is somewhere in a box in our attic. That couple probably wouldn't think too much of that.:rolleyes:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-30-2004, 09:38 PM
YES! These people are real. I saw them on the VH1 show "Totally Obsesed". You guessed it, they are obsessed with poor Kevin. Kevin has his own playhouse outside... and the girl, Victoria I think, said she hates Kevin, that Kevin got HER room! It was a hilarious episode. :D

kingrattus
09-30-2004, 10:22 PM
ummm Creepy!!!

I never played with dolls, or other girl things. I liked Ninja Turtles & Dino.s My sister had barbies & I would play with her & I always ended up killing her barbies with my giant JP T-Rex, & my JP action bitting & slashing Raptor, & my JP action bitting, clawing & screaming Spitter... muahahahahaaa I was evil.. I would hunt her barbies down with my guy friends & we would hang her barbies & leave the Ninja Turtle standing around her dolls hehehehe... I think this may be why shes all screwed up hehehe

Uabassoon
10-01-2004, 03:00 AM
I googled this and found similar articles posted about them, so I guess it really is true :eek:

slleipnir
10-01-2004, 08:39 AM
O_O

Pam
10-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
I don;t know... look at that dolls hands. They look perfectly unstained and fresh... if that doll went through all that stuff for 19 years, the hands would be at least discolored from stain removal, etc.

Good analytic work Kim! Have you thought of a career in forensics or detective work! :)

Preachers wife, they probaby think you should be arrested for child abuse! LOL!

pitc9
10-01-2004, 08:51 AM
I was thinking the same thing... that doll is Waaaaay to clean!
I know right where mine is (here name is Di Mildred)
She is soooo dirty!!!

If this is true... they are freaks!

DJFyrewolf36
10-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Im suprised that doll hasn't suffered a "sibling mishap". Somehow if I was the real kid that doll would have had an apointment with a wood chipper. Not that I'm against cabbage patch dolls or anything (had one when I was little) but geez! Obsessed much? That picture though looks reeeally editied. Especially the logo on his shirt, theres major pixelization around the logo. :rolleyes:

Real or not, this is totally wierd

guster girl
10-01-2004, 10:45 AM
I feel sad for them.