PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed "Sandy Beach!"

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 05:12 PM
:D After reading about all the ideas for containing cat litter and avoiding the dreaded sandy beach, I headed to Wal-Mart to see what I could find. I bought the biggest strorage container I could find. I think it holds about 20 gallons. It is 39 inches long and 18 inches wide, about 15 inches tall. Well, right away the kitties knew it had something to do with them.:rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach2.jpg
I added 42 pounds of Fresh Step and placed it in the usual spot where three large boxes used to be:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach4.jpg
Of course, a sandy beach needs a bit of atmosphere, so I added that, too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach5.jpg
Isn't this inviting?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach6.jpg
Well, it must be pretty inviting because all three kitties have already made waves, been digging for something and even made a few deposits on the beach:D
Sorry, no pictures of that :eek: Of course, I can get some if you'd really LIKE some:p
Seriously though, I think this is going to work out well. I did keep one regular box filled in case they decide they prefer the old standby. Also, the kittens will need the smaller box of course. Hopefully I can walk into my laundry room barefoot in the morning without the ole beach effect.

jazzcat
09-22-2004, 05:18 PM
ROFLMAO!!! That is hysterical. I love the "atmosphere" you added. All that is missing is the cabana!

You'll have to let me know how that works out. I may have to give it a try if all goes well.

RICHARD
09-22-2004, 05:26 PM
I can hear the Muzak in the background......

Why, it's Van Halen's 'Beautiful Girl'!!!

She was a-seaside sittin'
Just a-smokin' and a-drinkin' on ringside
On top of the world, oh yeah
She had her drink in her hand
She had her toes in the sand and whoa! Ha, ha
What a beautiful girl, ah yeah
;)

-------------------------------------------

Is that a washed up 'log' on the beach????:eek:

catcrazylady
09-22-2004, 05:31 PM
OK!!! I just spit water all over the computer!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMBOH!!!! (the H stands for hysterically!!):D :D :D

Good Grief Debbie!!!!:eek: Talk about spoiled kitties! They have their very own private and VERY contained sandy beach! That is too funny!
Now all you need to add is a beach towel so they can *cough* dry off!!;)
I'm dying to know if this works. I'll have to check back later if I can stop laughing long enough for my eyes to quit watering!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

catcrazylady
09-22-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Is that a washed up 'log' on the beach????:eek:

Now I can't breath!! My side is killing me!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wolflady
09-22-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
OK!!! I just spit water all over the computer!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMBOH!!!! (the H stands for hysterically!!):D :D :D

Good Grief Debbie!!!!:eek: Talk about spoiled kitties! They have their very own private and VERY contained sandy beach! That is too funny!
Now all you need to add is a beach towel so they can *cough* dry off!!;)
I'm dying to know if this works. I'll have to check back later if I can stop laughing long enough for my eyes to quit watering!!!

LOL LOL You pretty much summed it up for me there, catcrazylady! :D

ROTFL...thanks for the laugh this afternoon sirrahbed!

Did you say 42 pounds of cat litter!! :eek:

catnapper
09-22-2004, 05:57 PM
ROTFLMBOH (I like the H added by CCL)

Debbie, that is one super duper looking beach! I think even Allen would approve.

I'm wondering what the clerk at Walmart thought about you buying a dozen boxes of Fresh Step! :D

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

I'm wondering what the clerk at Walmart thought about you buying a dozen boxes of Fresh Step! :D

No! Just TWO boxes at 21 pounds each:rolleyes: :p :D
100 paw points!!!

catland
09-22-2004, 06:01 PM
love the palm trees.:cool:

catnapper
09-22-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
100 paw points!!!

What is a paw point?

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Like S&H green stamps:p When you buy Fresh Step, you get "Paw Points". I have about 280 now and when I get 400 I will get a snuggle sack:D Or, you can get free food, toys, etc. You can also give ASPCA donations but the value is not very good in my opinion.

ActionCat007
09-22-2004, 06:05 PM
That's Hilarious!!! LOL

I hope it works out. :)

Catsnclay
09-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh I love the "beach"!! And yes, I did hear the Van Halen tune in the background!! :cool: (Thanks Richard, I will now have that tune stuck in my head for a while -:p )

I have always wondered what my cats would do with a HUGE litter box :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Ok, is this the part where I get to whine??!! Can we pleeese see pictures of kitties IN the box??!! PLUEESE :D :D :D ( I know, that's lame. I need some more lessons.)

nibblets
09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
:D hahahahaha that is too clever! Next they will be wanting a pool to dip their little toesies in.:cool:

kimlovescats
09-22-2004, 07:06 PM
TOO CUTE, Debbie ... glad to see someone trying Lorraine's idea! ;) I know my kitties love to jump in boxes, the deeper the better .... this might actually work!!!:eek: :D

K & L
09-22-2004, 07:21 PM
This is hilarious! What an imagination you have!:D

sirrahbed
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
:o Ok I am shameless but you want pictures? I give you pictures! Tasteful pictures of course since they are of Princess Emily - first checking out the ambiance...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach1.jpg
She seemed to approve because she walked along the beach for a bit and stopped long enough to listen to the surf - I heard it also;) ...or maybe it was just the wind in the palms?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/beach.jpg
:D :D

MULTICATMOM
09-22-2004, 10:30 PM
HAHAHA....
IF IT WORKS I'M COPYING...5 CATS & I'VE BROWN CARPET!!

THANKS TO A MAN NAMED RICHARD FOR STICKING ME WITH DAVID LEE ROTH!! OH NO... I VISUALIZE RED LEATHER PANTS...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
09-22-2004, 10:38 PM
LOL What a great idea. Please keep us updated on how it works out.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Great idea.

LMAO at those palm trees (errrr Deb, has anyone ever suggested that you have WAAAY too much time on your hands j/k)

sirrahbed
09-23-2004, 09:00 AM
This morning's update:
I cleaned both the regular box and the sandy beach.
Nothing in the regular box
Lots of logs and pee biscuits in the sandy beach:D

A tiny bit of sand on the floor from paws, but NO mounds, castles or beach outside the beach box:)

catmandu
09-23-2004, 09:06 AM
That is so funny,to see A Litter Box,with palm trees ,in it! Now I shall have to find some,for The Found Cats!

lizzielou742
09-23-2004, 09:17 AM
OMG that is freakin' HILARIOUS! Palm trees in the litterbox! :D :D :D That's great!!! I'm glad they're using it. 42 pounds of litter - :eek: :eek: !!! I save the paw points too, but I only have like 10!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-23-2004, 10:22 AM
Love the atmosphere! :D Interesting that they prefer this over the regular box. Actually I thought of something like this for when I take T & P in the motorhome. Even went as far as buying a big container, but it was too tall and Tubby had difficulty getting in and out :( so that was the end of that plan for me. But I think it's a great idea! And Princess Emily looks like she's just taking a leisurely stroll on the beach. ;) :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I see you are keeping up with your duties as roving toliet reporter Debbie! Sounds like a great plan! I might try that for Remus as he seems to like making sand castles too!

RedHedd
09-23-2004, 12:00 PM
LOL! All that's missing is a beach umbrella and a lounge chair .... too funny! I'm glad the cats like it.

QueenScoopalot
09-23-2004, 01:24 PM
ROFLMAO!!! Too funny. :D You forgot to add a few margharita glasses with those little umbrellas, and fresh water in them! :cool: :cool: :cool: :D Maybe a beach umbrella over the whole scene too? :confused:

RICHARD
09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
What about a set of the palm trees that go into an aquarium???
I'm afraid the paper ones will soon meet their death.

Do I hear a Beach Boys song????

Everybody's gone poopin', Poopin USA!!!:eek:

sirrahved
09-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey, next time I come over can I give it a try;)

Keep Bryan away from it! lol

looks nice and inviting.

nibblets
09-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
What about a set of the palm trees that go into an aquarium???
I'm afraid the paper ones will soon meet their death.

Do I hear a Beach Boys song????

Everybody's gone poopin', Poopin USA!!!:eek:

AHahahahahahahaha....Poopin USA...:D priceless!

sirrahbed
09-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
I save the paw points too, but I only have like 10!! :D
Liz- they just started a new system on Aug 1st. A box that used to be 3 paw points is now 50 points. You will see next time you buy a new box - you can mail in your old points and convert to the new system which keeps track online! You can go ahead and register and convert soon because the old points are about to/or have already expired but still good with the new plan. From now on, the code is inside the box and you log the points at the website:) Sheesh - do I sound like a commercial??
PawPoint New System (http://www.mypawpoints.com/)

BTW - the *sandy beach* is still a huge hit! Wish I had done it sooner:D

janelle
08-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I do paw points but I was to late to convert all the ones I collected for the new ones. BOOHOO. Now i am starting all over again.

shais_mom
08-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I have heard of people doing that but ddduuuuuuddde that's a LOT of LITTER!

:cool:

Craftlady
08-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Beach Volley Ball anyone?
Brings a new meaning to "surfs up" :D
Riding the waves :D

orangemm
08-05-2005, 05:29 AM
You forgot the seashells!

What a hoot!!!!

Love "poopin' USA". Now whenever I hear the Beach Boys sing that song, those words will always come to mind.

Lightning SuperCat
08-05-2005, 05:42 AM
ROFLOL!!!!! That's SO funny!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-05-2005, 06:50 AM
ROFLMAO!!! This is the funniest thread I have read in ages!! Oh gosh Debbie, you must be the clown of the family, right ;) :p

Hey, what a great idea: install a "slide"!!:cool:

Corinna
08-05-2005, 07:56 AM
I some how missed this thread the first time around. My family now offically thinks I'm nuts. i woke them up laughing so hard.

sirrahbed
08-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I have heard of people doing that but ddduuuuuuddde that's a LOT of LITTER!

:cool:
Het staci - five cats make a LOT of biscuits and logs!:D It really does work great and I am still using it. I have three other regular boxes, but the "beach" is clearly their favorite. I have had to empty and clean it only once this year (note that this thread was started almost a year ago) as I keep it scooped constantly so the remaining litter is always clean. It sure keeps the beach in the box:D

shais_mom
08-05-2005, 01:40 PM
I didn't even notice that it started a year ago!
oops!

sirrahbed
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
I didn't even notice that it started a year ago!
oops!
No oops Staci - I am glad to update on my beach again:D Of course, the cabana decorations are not there anymore - but once a resort has made a name for itself - those *extras* are no longer needed;)

It really does work well and I am so glad that I bought it. Probably one of the best $10 or so I have spent.