PDA

View Full Version : No more cat pictures, I guess... ;(

jenluckenbach
09-18-2004, 02:26 PM
I am so MAD :mad:, sad :(, and disappointed !

Recently the memory card on my camera died. So I bought a new one ($65 might not sound like a lot, but it IS). That was only 6 weeks ago. Well it is doing the same error again. I simply can not afford to put out more money :(. Back to snail film. I feel like crying.

Grace
09-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Sounds like something might be wrong with the camera, rather than the card?

Karen
09-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Demand a refund! Even if you do not still have the receipt, call the card's manufacturer and explain. Did you try just reformatting the card? That sometimes solves the problems ...

jenluckenbach
09-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Did you try just reformatting the card? That sometimes solves the problems ...
The camera says:
UNFORMATTED CARD
then asks:
FORMAT CARD?
I say
YES
and it says
CARD ERROR.

It is entirely possible that the camera is CAUSING the problems. The battery door is broken. I have it taped shut, but sometimes the tape slips. I think when this happens during use it causes errors on the card. BLAH!

sirrahved
09-18-2004, 03:19 PM
So sorry, Jen. I hope you get it figured out really soon!

Kirsten
09-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Oh how frustrating!!! :( You#re right, it IS a lot of money, especially when it's wasted! :(

Can't you take the card back to where you bought it and complain about it? Maybe they will replace it.

Now idea if the broken battery door could be the cause... :(

Kirsten

Cinder & Smoke
09-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Jen ~

It's quite possible the loss of battery power (when the broken
battery door acts up) *IS* the cause of the memory card failures.

I'd start with going back to where you purchased the New Memory Card
and telling them "It doesn't work" and that you'd like a refund.
IF they have a policy of "no refunds on electronic stuff" -
you might have to deal with the card's Manufacturer - and
THEY will probably only be willing to "replace" the card.

Before you try ANOTHER memory card in that camera - you should
contact the Camera Manufacturer - and ask how much $$$$ they want
to repair the battery door.

Good Luck!

/s/ Phred

rg_girlca
09-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh Jen, nooooo. I hope you are able to get it fixed without much cost and $65.00 is a lot of money. I would really miss seeing your gorgeous crew on a regular basis.

catcrazylady
09-18-2004, 10:40 PM
OH NO!! Jen you must find a way to fix the camera!! I sure hope you can return the card because that is a lot of money if it's not going to work.
Good Luck!

slick
09-18-2004, 10:51 PM
WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, Deb taught me how to do it! :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-19-2004, 12:52 AM
It might be worth taking the whole kit into a photography shop adnd asking them to check it out. I hope you get it sorted, we NEED pics of your crew!!!

jenluckenbach
09-19-2004, 05:01 AM
OK, sirrabed helped to show me that I can find memory cards MUCH cheaper (leave it to me to buy the expensive ones). I will look into getting the door fixed on the battery compartment and buying some CHEAP cards. (I do not mind if they are smaller. I don't do video and I don't like to handle a lot at one time anyway).

WHEW!!!! What a relief..........I am addicted to digital.

Laura's Babies
09-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Digital is addictive isn't it? Hope you get this all worked out soon...I would really miss mine if something happened to it.. I think before I would pay $65 for a card, I would just go get a cheap digital camera. Where did you find them cheaper? Is it a LOT cheaper?..... Get that battery door fixed too...

catmandu
09-19-2004, 12:51 PM
The Found Cats,are Gald Too,as are All Pet Talkers,as we would hate,not to see Your Amazing Clowder O Cats!

lizzielou742
09-19-2004, 02:03 PM
$65 is a lot for a card - but I think I paid $90 for mine so don't feel bad. Of course I'm constantly taking videos and tons of pictures with mine. :) I hope you get it all worked out soon! :)