PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!

Jamieejo85
09-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Chico is my 1/2 lab, 1/4 chow, and 1/4 aulstralian shepherd mix. He is 2 1/2 months old. Well he keeps biting and chewing. He has tons of chew toys but he always seems to want shoes, paper, blankets, bowls, hair scrunchies, hats, you get the picture! And every time I pick him up or hold him or play with him, he is always biting at my hands. And when he is on my bed he will bite on my face. I know he is just a puppy and he wants to play but I am afraid if I let him continue this, then he will keep thinking that it is okay even when he is larger and has bigger teeth! Someone please give me some suggestions! Thanks!

Karen
09-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Has he been to any obedience trainng yet? Puppy kindergarten is in order! Don't let him up on the bed if he's misbehaving. When he nips at you, pull away from him, say Ow!!!, and then ignore him for a few minutes. He'll get the idea that biting is not a game you will tolerate.

Shelteez2
09-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Here's a link to many different articles on methods to discourage this. Read and decide what will work for you and then be consistent.

http://www.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/lib-Puppy.htm#pchew

Good luck.

LorraineO
09-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Great suggestions,, *I* couldnt add anything here other then,,,, Keep on it!!!!