PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed Storm's At An Emergency Clinic

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2004, 12:33 AM
I need some PT prayers and positive thoughts from everyone please. At around 8pm I noticed that Storm was jumping in and out of his litter box and seemed to be straining while he tried to do his business. I thought he might be constipated or have diarrhea at first but I was wrong. He was actually trying to pee but very little was able to come out.:( He then peed on one of his blankets and there was some blood in it.:( I called one of the emergency vet numbers and was told to bring him in right away.

They took a urine sample and told me that he has blood in his urine. He may have a UTI but they aren't sure yet. I should know the results in about an hour or so. The vet said I caught it very early so she's giving him subcutaneous fluids, antibiotics, and something to help ease his bladder so he'll hopefully pee on his own. He has to stay overnight and if all goes well I can pick him up in the morning.

If he can't pee on his own then they'll need to catheterize him and keep him until monday morning or until he's unblocked. She's not sure if it's due to crystals or not. It may also be stress related. Any way I need some powerful PT prayers to help my Storm get well again. Thanks in advance and I'll try to keep you updated as much as I can. This is going to be a long night.:(

Nomilynn
09-12-2004, 12:39 AM
YOu will all be in my prayers!

Don Juan's mom
09-12-2004, 01:13 AM
My church job is starting up again in the morning. I'll say a special prayer for Storm.

And I'll ask Don Juan to put in a good word to Goddess Bastet.

Liz

gini
09-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Oh, Tracey, I am so sorry to hear this and you can count on my prayers for Storm.

I am sorry that you have to go through another big worry again.

Hugs from Gini

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2004, 01:43 AM
I just called the clinic and his urinalysis showed that he has some calcium oxalites and bacteria in his urine. The doctor said that she's skeptical about this though. He still hasn't peed on his own and she may need to catheterize him tonight if he still hasn't gone soon. She'll call me to let me know if she needs to do this.

Thanks everyone for all of your prayers. This means a lot to me.:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Tracey, I only saw this now. Keeping precious Storm in my thoughts and prayers.

NoahsMommy
09-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Poor Storm! :(

He'll be in my prayers...

kt_luvs_kitties
09-12-2004, 03:13 AM
I will be praying for Storm also. I hope all turns out well. God always listens to heartfelt prayers.
My kitties also want to give you "kitty kisses" and they say they hope you and Storm will be ok and he will get well soon. xoxoxoxoxoxo Katie, Hannah, Puff and Stash.

kt_luvs_kitties
09-12-2004, 03:19 AM
I will be praying for Storm also. I hope all turns out well. God always listens to heartfelt prayers.
My kitties also want to give you "kitty kisses" and they say they hope you and Storm will be ok and he will get well soon. xoxoxoxoxoxo Katie, Hannah, Puff and Stash.

AmberLee
09-12-2004, 04:02 AM
Holding you, Storm, and my other little furry 'nephews' in my prayers. I'm also impressed with how quickly you spotted the problem and worked to get it resolved.

{{{hugs}}} accompany the prayers....

ChrisH
09-12-2004, 04:13 AM
Poor Storm. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

{{hugs}}
Chris

Barbara
09-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Fingers and paws are crossed for Storm. I send my best thoughts to him:) and to you!!!

carla and mike
09-12-2004, 05:37 AM
Prayers are on the way.

catcrazylady
09-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Tracey I'm so sorry to hear about Storm! We are sending prayers right!
Please keep us posted and when you can give Storm some tiny hugs and kissies from us.

anna_66
09-12-2004, 07:01 AM
Tracey, I posted in the thread that AmberLee started, but I wanted to post here too and let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Anna

davidpizzica
09-12-2004, 07:16 AM
Pittsburgh prayers coming your way for Storm, and {{{{HUGS}}}} for you, Tracey.

K & L
09-12-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Any updates yet? I just now saw this post.

auggie
09-12-2004, 07:30 AM
Prayers on the way for Storm!
I’m glad you took him to the emergency vet right away.

Karen
09-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Prayers for dear Storm are on the way.

Randi
09-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Oh poor Storm! :( Fister knows what you're going through. I remember my vet said he had struvite crystals - very small ones, but he was catheterised 3 times, before the big operation. His urine was sterile. If this is caused by bacteria, antibiotics will hopefully do the trick! :)

I'm glad that you noticed right away and were able to take him to the vet so quickly. :)

We're sending lots of positive thoughts and keeping our paws and fingers crossed for him. :)

Now Storm, please go and have a good pee so your mommy can stop worrying! ;)

Hugs to you, Tracey.

Jods
09-12-2004, 07:52 AM
prayers and positive thoughts on the way... Hope you get well soon Storm!

Rachel
09-12-2004, 08:05 AM
How fortunate that you were attuned to something out of the ordinary and then followed up with the attention necessary. Something like this could have easily been missed, yet I think we pet lovers have a sixth sense when something is amiss with our little ones. It is almost like they telepathically communicate their distress.

I know you are very worried but have faith that the situation will be correctly diagnosed and can be resolved.

Hang in there, Storm.

smokey the elder
09-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Purr-ayers are on the way, and 56 paws crossed.

QueenScoopalot
09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
More prayers on the way from the East Coast, to the West. Get feeling better Storm! ;) UTI's are awful to deal with, and I'm glad you caught it early.

sirrahbed
09-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh Tracey! I am sorry to hear about poor Storm but so glad you noticed his distress quickly and took him in right away. You have my prayers from Ohio. I have been through this many, many years ago with my RB Harvey (surgery fixed him right up!!) and it is scary I know. ((((((HUGS)))))

catnapper
09-12-2004, 08:35 AM
{{{{hugs}}}} and prayers on their way for Stormy. Please keep us updated as soon as you hear anything.

Laura's Babies
09-12-2004, 08:43 AM
I have to give his Mommie credit for noticing things were not right as fast as she did and taking fast action in getting him to the emergency vet asap! That is the most important detail if one of them gets sick...spotting it fast and getting them the help they need!

Prayers for Storm and his Mommie from me and my gang. Please keep us posted about Storm.... ((((HUGS))))) for Storm and his Mommie.

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2004, 08:46 AM
The doctor had to catheterize Storm at 2am and she forgot to call me so I was thinking that things were going better than they actually were. He needs to have the catheter in for 12-24 hours and they need to make sure that he's peeing on his own and that it's clear. He's been eating and resting comfortably and if all goes well I can probably pick him up sometime Monday morning. The next doctor on call will have to make the final decision.

Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers.:)

Edwina's Secretary
09-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Tracey....so sorry to hear of Storm's problem! He (and you) will be in my thoughts with hopes for a speedy ....and easy...recovery!

jazzcat
09-12-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Storm. Prayers are on they way and I hope he is back home with you soon.

catmandu
09-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Found Cats Prayers,that Storms condition,can be releived,and Our Dear friens,is out of pain,soon!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Prayers are flying from me too and all 4 cat kids have their paws crossed for Storm.

rg_girlca
09-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that Storm gets well soon and will be back home before you know it, as good as new.

(((((HUGS))))) for you Tracy.

I can only imagine how worried you must be, but thankfully, as others have said, that you caught it right away and got him the care he desperately needed.

kimlovescats
09-12-2004, 01:29 PM
Tracey, what a great and quick-acting cat mom you are! You spared sweet Storm lots of pain and misery!!! I am sure that the doctors will get him all fixed up and back home soon!

Prayers and Hugs!
Kim;)

sirrahved
09-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon, Storm!

Laura's Babies
09-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the update and will be watching for another tomorrow!

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers. This really means a lot to me.:) AmberLee and I will be going to visit him tonight. I just have to call ahead of time to make sure that they don't have any big emergency cases going on. I'll update you later tonight if I can.

Barbara
09-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Storm will be happy to see you both. :)

tatsxxx11
09-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Keeping you and your beautiful boy Storm in my thoughts and Prayers, Tracey! What a wonderful mom you are:) Get well soon Storm and hurry home:) Love, Sandra and the boys, Mr. B and Oiver:)

AmberLee
09-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm so glad you acted quickly and that you were attuned to spot that he wasn't feeling himself...

Prayers continuing for you and the little tyke.

jenluckenbach
09-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Oh Storm, prayers for a speedy recovery.

slick
09-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Tracey, I've been off Pet Talk for a couple of days and just saw this. My heart goes out to you; I know how scary it is to have sick furbabies. Big hugs and prayers coming your way.

RedHedd
09-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Tracey - I just saw this (deailng with my own medical stuff this weekend). I hope Storm is feeling better and is back home in your arms very soon! G and the M's

Felicia's Mom
09-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Prayers going out for Storm's recovery.

Felicia, Beau and Nancy

krazyaboutkatz
09-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone. AmberLee and I went to visit Storm tonight and he's doing great.:) He's up and very alert and eating the waltham s/o wet food that they're feeding him. He's getting very spoiled because he doesn't get any wet food at home any more.

He wanted to jump out of the cage and come home with me but needs to spend one more night there. They'll remove his catheter at 2am and I can pick him up tomorrow morning between 7-7:30am. I hope he'll be able to pee on his own so he won't need to stay at my vets.

Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers. A very special thanks goes out to AmberLee for being there for me and Storm appreciates the 2 furry catnip mice from her too.:)

slick
09-12-2004, 10:32 PM
What great news Tracey. I wish I could be there to see you through this ordeal, but I'm glad you've got AmberLee.

{{{HUGS}}} to both you and AmberLee and smoochies to Storm.

davidpizzica
09-12-2004, 10:38 PM
I'll go along with that, Slick! I'm just glad Storm is getting better.

kimlovescats
09-12-2004, 11:22 PM
What great news.... hope he can come home in the morning!;)

shais_mom
09-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Sorry I missed this Tracey.
I hope Storm feels better asap!

Miss Meow
09-12-2004, 11:53 PM
My heart jumped in my throat when I saw this message and so many replies - I am so happy that Storm is OK. :)

Sending lots of good wishes that he gets well soon.

popcornbird
09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
I *just* saw this thread right now. Poor Storm! I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better, and pray that he continues to recover and gets well soon. Keep us updated!

NoahsMommy
09-13-2004, 01:18 AM
Yay!! Storm gets to come home!!! :)

Please give him kisses from me.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm so glad the news is good, and Storm will soon be home where he belongs!

jenluckenbach
09-13-2004, 04:55 AM
I am so glad that Storm is feeling better. I certainly hope he gets to come home very soon.

catlover4ever
09-13-2004, 08:12 AM
I'm just getting to the boards after being away this weekend so Tracey please know that you and Storm are in my thoughts and prayers. --- Meg

kuhio98
09-13-2004, 09:29 AM
Late as usual on this post. All I can say is pee, Storm, pee!

lizzielou742
09-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Glad he's coming home!! :D

catnapper
09-13-2004, 09:45 AM
What a relief! I am glad to hear that he can come home very soon, and hope he'll be 100% a-ok when he does get home. Amberlee, you are an angel!

Vio&Juni
09-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I am sorry to hear about Storm. But I am glad he's doing better. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone. Storm's now home and doing very well.:D The doctor still doesn't know what may have caused this because she still doesn't think that he has a URI and isn't quite sure if he has any crystals either. Just to be on the safe side, Storm's taking antibiotics 2 times a day for the next 10 days and also phenoxybenzamine 2 times a day to help relax his bladder so he can pee better for the next 3 days. He has to have another urinalysis done in 2 weeks by my vet and I have to drop off all of the medical records to my vet as well. The bill was quite high but they didn't charge me for his meds or food which helps a little bit. Storm's worth every penny though.:)

Right now I'm mixing his old food with some of Waltham S/O wet food for about a week or so and then he should be able to eat his normal food. Hopefully his next urinalysis will come back normal. Unfortunately they forgot to put the 2 furry catnip mice in Storm's carrier so sorry AmberLee I guess you just donated these toys to them. None of his brothers seemed to welcome him but there was no hissing either. I think that Sky thinks he smells funny and Cirrus is very unhappy that he's home. I'm very happy that he's home so that's all that matters. The staff at the EVC all fell in love with Storm and said he has the best personality. I already knew that.:)

Thanks again for all of your concerns and prayers. Once again PT prayers have worked.:D

AmberLee
09-13-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm glad the little guy's home. Hope he continues to improve like he has. No problem with the catnip mice: he looked so cute last night 'nesting' on them...

Thank you for showing me where the emergency vet's office is; now I hope it won't come in handy!

BCBlondie
09-13-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I just called the clinic and his urinalysis showed that he has some calcium oxalites and bacteria in his urine.
Megan, my Pomeranian, had bladder stones and a UTI two years ago. She also had calcium oxalites, I believe, and bloody urine, was straining a lot, and sometimes seemed to be in pain. We decided the quickest and least painful treatment for her was surgery, and we ended up paying $600. She had to be on a special diet for a while after that. She's doing a lot better now!! :)

So I know what you're going through.. I really hope Storm gets well soon!!! I will keep him in my thoughts.

Felicia's Mom
09-13-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm glad Storm is home and doing well!:D :D

RICHARD
09-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear he's "peeing up a Storm" and everything is OK.

Slap me when you see me.....;)

rg_girlca
09-13-2004, 08:34 PM
I am so glad to hear that Storm is back home and feeling better.

I hope and pray that he continues to do so.:)

krazyaboutkatz
09-13-2004, 11:25 PM
My vet called me at work and sounded quite concerned about Storm. He said that if he really does have calium oxalates in his urine that he'll need to be a special diet for the rest of his life and possibly take some kind of capsules too. Now I'm worried and hopefully he won't become sick again before he has his next urinalysis.:(
The vet this morning acted like there was no clear answer as to why Storm became ill. There was another vet on call too and I liked her much better because she was quite informative about the crystal situation and she didn't like to rush things as much as the other vet. Unfortunately most of Storm's care was given by the vet that wasn't as good.

Thanks again everyone. Storm's doing great and loves his new food. Before I could open the door tonight, he was meowing very loudly. He's so glad to be home.:)

AmberLee
09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Prayers continuing...

davidpizzica
09-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Prayers are continuing for Storm to be completely well. From david p, Nikki, and Daisy. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

confined
09-14-2004, 03:22 AM
It's unfortunate that things had to deteriate following the aftermath of returns. I am sincerely contrite. You are still in my prayers, in good health or bad. My warmest regards.

Killearn Kitties
09-14-2004, 04:13 AM
I was away over the weekend and missed Storm's drama at the emergency vet. I've got my fingers crossed for the gorgeous boy now though. Hope you're both bearing up.

catcrazylady
09-14-2004, 05:57 AM
I'm so glad to hear the Storm is home and feeling better. I know you are so relieved to have him back.
It sounds like your vet will take very good care of Storm. I'm just so glad you got this situation under control so quickly. I have a big fear that with all my cats I would miss something like that until they were very sick. GOOD JOB MEOWMIE!!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Storm! We are still praying for you buddy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Goodness Tracey, what an ordeal! I'm so glad to hear Storm is doing so much better and is glad to be home - what a sweetie. :D

I'll be hoping and praying he continues to do well and doesn't need any medication and will be back to normal in no time! :)

gini
09-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Tracey, I know how relieved you are to have Storm back home.

Gosh, don't our youngins' give us fits?

Let's just pray that he continues to improve and you have caught it in time.

Felicia's Mom
09-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Glad to hear that Storm loves his new food.

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-14-2004, 12:25 PM
POOR STORM!!

I am glad he at home and eating his food.
I am sure you are relieved... and tell Cirrus to that Storm needs some extra kitty kisses and to be nice..;)

*KISSES* for Storm!!

Tina
09-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry I am just reading this. I meant to reply here yesterday but I got side tracked.:o

I'm glad to hear Storm is feeling better and back home.:) I hope that he continues to feel better.

catland
09-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Sorry I missed this earlier.

Hope you get better Stormy.:)