PDA

View Full Version : Update on Nina and her seizure episodes!!!

Zoe&Nina's Mom
09-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, after a very fun filled visit to the vet and a full exam and blood work, both girls are healthy and in GREAT shape. Zoe, my rottie, has lost about 25 lbs since about 18 months ago. She was overweight at 110 lbs and the vets were worried about hip displasia. Switched them to Purina Fit & Trim and she has lost 25 pounds and is "healthy as can be" according to the vet.
I explained the seizure type episodes that Nina was having and the AWFUL smell that came from her breath after. He stated that he doesn't think that it is a seizure or epilepsy. He advised that it is more than likely something to do with stomach acid reflux. He said that the next time she does it to give her an antacid to balance the stomach acid that may be coming up. He also advised to try charcoal based treats...not too many of them on a regular basis, but whenever she has an episode.

Thanks to all for the advise!!!:p

pitc9
09-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Glad to hear the good news!!

KYS
09-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the update.
I am glad that everyone got a clean
bill of health.
Now that's good news!

LorraineO
09-10-2004, 08:50 AM
always a treat to hear good news,, thanks for the update!!!!

tatsxxx11
09-10-2004, 02:31 PM
What great news...clean bills of health:D Wow, a 25 lb. weight loss! Great job Zoe and mom! And hopefully Nine, those awful seizure type episodes will stay away:)