PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Bath

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Ok, this is a little wierd...

I'm sitting in the bath, and all of a sudden, there's this big fuzzy butt cat sitting on the edge. Not a big deal. Then I put my somewhat wet hand on the edge and he tries to worm his way under it! I think "ok Remus just wants some scritches" so I dry off my hand to pet him...he pushes my hand back into the water :eek:! He wanted me to wet him down! Then he started to play in the bath water! Do any of you have kittes that like the bath? Mine looks forward to it! Now he even sits on the ledge when I take showers. :rolleyes: I don't know about that Remus cat...

K & L
09-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Yes, our Parker will jump in the shower with us and sit there till we're done! He will play with the water in the sink, etc. It's too funny!

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
I guess not all cats fit the hate water stereotype! Remus likes water more than I do...:rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
09-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Giz is facinated with water..... but to get wet?? NOT!!:eek:

sirrahbed
09-02-2004, 11:09 AM
No water babies here:) That must be funny to watch Remus!! Silly boy.:D

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Well, it makes keeping him clean that much easier. Its amazing what kind of mess a cat can make of himself indoors! Couple of days ago his white patch was all dirty and I was like "OMG what did that darn cat get into?!" and John said "Oh he decided that he wanted to see how deep the plants were in the pots" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ooook. Dork lol.

trinity
09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
We installed a shower back in April and for the first two or three weeks when one of us was getting ready to get in...Zingo jumped right in with us. Sat there with the water running, jumped out, waited 'til we were done, and then jumped back in to play in the water. Hunter has started reaching a paw over the rim to play with the bubbles when I take a bubble bath....

lizzielou742
09-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Tito and Sophie both are fascinated with water. They'll sit on the edge of a full bathtub and paw at the water. But they'd never want to get fully wet. Weirdo cats. :rolleyes: :D

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 11:43 AM
My mum's cat loves water. He sits on the edge of the bath quite often too. He likes to watch the water disappear down the plughole. :D

None of my girls have ever shown the remotest interest in water.

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Yes! For a while there, Noah wanted to sit in the shower with us while we showered. He'd sit at the far end of the shower and lickt he water.

When I take baths, they all come visit for a short perch on the side of the bathtub and swat the bubbles in the water.

One of them, when they were kittens (I forget which), used to cup his/her paw and drink the water!

Noel loves to eat the bubbles, tangerine are her favorite. ;)

catcrazylady
09-02-2004, 12:18 PM
Leroy would play in the water hose all day long! He doesn't care if he gets soaked.

RedHedd
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Mishi is my water cat. I don't take baths too often, but when I do, he's right there .... looking like he wants to jump in. Also when I get out of the shower every day, he's right there to hand me my towel or let me dry off/drip on him. Silly goon! :D

Catsnclay
09-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Lucky & Yoshi like to sit on the side of the tub while I'm taking a bubble bath and play with my toes (they come up out of the bubbles every once in a while). Only Lucky jumped in once.....notice I say once, he was really young and didn't realize what a tub full of water was!

Fluffy likes to get into the tub (when its dry) and drink from the faucet. He will meow until one of use turn it on for him.

We also give them yearly baths in the tub, and even though they all put up a protest in one way or another, I think they really enjoy being clean!

Maresche
09-02-2004, 02:09 PM
When I take my weekly bath (I shower many times between them LOL), I have to close the bathroom door so Terra doesn't join me.

She started off sitting on the edge and watching the bubbles or the swirls. Then one day, she jumped in with me and decided she liked it. Now she gets very excited when I start running the bath water and hubby has to distract her with playtime or treats so she doesn't spend the whole time screaming on the other side of the door.

She's another reason we keep the toilet seat down too.

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 03:37 PM
LOL we have to keep the toilet seats down too :D

catnapper
09-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Pouncer is also fascinated with water. Allen will run a mile away, but Pouncer doesn't mind, and sometimes I wonder if he doesn;t go out of his way to get wet. :rolleyes:

jazzcat
09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
LOL! How funny. None of mine like to get wet but Jazz loves to watch the water as long as it doesn't touch her.

ActionCat007
09-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Yes... Simba loves to join me while I take a bath, he sits on the edge of the jet tub and watches were the bubbles are coming out, also trying to touch them.